Mens Tennis Forums banner

1994-1996 : Rubin, Kwiatkowski, Halebian, Papa, Corinteli, McDonald, Donaldson, etc.

150K views 1K replies 22 participants last post by  145888 
#1 · (Edited)
I would like to start a thread to keep track of some upcoming juniors.

Name: Noah Rubin
Birthday: 02-21-1996 (15 years old)
Junior Ranking: 42
ATP Ranking: N/A
Description: Noah recently captured his first G1 title (Copa Del Cafe 2012, hardcourt) two weeks ago and is currently at a career high junior ranking of 42 with only 5 itf starts :worship:. His ranking will continue to rise b/c of this week's play at G1 Copa Barranquilla (clay); will play in the quarterfinal. He was a finalist at the Les Petits As a couple of years ago. Noah seems to have a solid game, but he seems kinda short though when standing next to Farren Connor at the Copa Del Cafe final (Connor is listed at 5'11"). However, Noah is two years younger so let's hope that he can add some inches.

Name: Thai-Son Kwiatkowski
Birthday: 02-13-1995 (16 years old)
Junior Ranking: 84
ATP Ranking: N/A
Description: Despite the name, he is not a Thai descendent :lol: :shrug:. He is actually 1/4 Polish and 3/4 Vietnamese (from local paper). He is close to his career high in junior ranking but the last couple of weeks had him focusing on futures qualifying (not very successful thus far). He has a nice forehand. Here is an old video of him from the local news: Link

Might add more players later.

See less See more
#1,234 ·
He was so close too winning that first set was up an break & in the lead throughout most of the first set, I guess he got down on himself after losing that first set

#1,242 ·
Choosing college or pro is an even deal these days. Nobody is making big pro breakthroughs at 18-19-20 anymore so playing college tennis can be just as beneficial. 50/50 deal nowadays.

#1,265 ·
Draw is out. He's in Tiafoe's quarter and he drew Bastian Malla in the first round, a kid similar to him who stopped playing juniors and focused on futures and challengers. The kid also breezed through qualies. Current ATP rank is in the 670s I believe.

Really wanted him and Tiafoe to have to meet no sooner than the semifinals if they both make it that far. Tough luck though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.