~Ivo Karlovic*["King Karlo"]*Thread!~

121K views 855 replies 114 participants last post by  PortlandTimbers 
#1 ·
Karlovic in Binghanmpton QF!!

:bounce:

Good luck vs. Lu!!!!!

#2 ·
Re: Karlovic in Binghanmpton QF!!

Ivo Karlovic served up 29 aces en route to beating Yen-Hsun Lu, 3-6,7-6,6-4 to make it to the semifinals. Ivo served 2 double faults in the 8th game for Lu to break and then hold serve to close out the 1st set. Lu appeared to start picking up Karlovic's serve in the 2nd and forced it to a tie breaker, with no breaks of serve in the 2nd. In the 3rd set, 5th game, Lu faulted 3 of 5 first serves and Karlovic broke. Karlovic served 8 straight aces to win the 8th game and the final 10th game, not allowing Lu any points in Karlovic's last 2 service games.

Ivo:D good luck against Benneteau!

#13 ·
Ivo Karlokiv

Damn!!! He has the best serve... both power and precision... I find his serve way way better than Roddicks... He just has to improve overally in the rest of his game... Especially in his return games. If he can even break his opponent just once he can win his serves quiet easily... I think he will be coming on TOP pretty soon...

He has done better than most other qualifiers at all the grandslams he has been too. It seems hard for even the best players to break his serve.........

#14 ·
Re: Ivo Karlokiv

Yes, of course it is hard to break his serve. It is also easy to hold your own serve. Karlovic is one of those players that can serve, but can hardly do anything else and therefore he will never reach the top 20.

#19 ·
Wow, Neely that picture in your avatar is that you? I guess that it is just a picture. So you are from the UAE. I've have family members who live there & they like it. V. different than Saudi Arabia. If only the British had not helped the Saudis get control of the Hejaz....

#20 ·
Jim Jones said:
Wow, Neely that picture in your avatar is that you? I guess that it is just a picture. So you are from the UAE. I've have family members who live there & they like it. V. different than Saudi Arabia. If only the British had not helped the Saudis get control of the Hejaz....
her avatar is Sue Bird...WNBA player...when to UConn

#21 ·
Ivo plays Lopez in the first round. :/ its hard to guess whos going to win, but i certainly hope Ivo throws down some good serves...;)

#22 ·
Our King of Tiebreaks lost 6-4 7(12)-6(10) 6(5)-7(7) to Feli :/ he had 35 aces though.

#23 ·
Ivo Karlovic won over Alex Corretja in the second round of St. Petersburg 7/6 6/7 7/6.
mmhmm, tie breaks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.