Mens Tennis Forums banner

The "when I said 'healthy' I meant mental health too" Queens thread

24K views 829 replies 64 participants last post by  tennis lover 
#1 · (Edited)
Yes, it will be. it has to be.

#102 ·
Re: The "It will be a HEALTHY grass season" thread.

I passed up Wimbledon the movie. :p

#103 ·

J. Corwin said:
I passed up Wimbledon the movie. :p
Very wise decision :lol:

#104 ·

That's the most unrealistic movie ever. Not only the actors playing tennis (crap!) but the fact the characters would appear in completely different parts of London or even other towns during the championship. I'm sure tennis players wouldn't be going to the country side or the sea side (there is no sea in London!) while they are playing a tournament.

#105 ·

Hehe Blosson, it's true, Wimbledon just was a really bad film. The story was feeble at best, and the dialogue was awful too!

#106 ·

:)
Coach's Corner
June 5th, 2006 08:04 am

We have moved on to London to begin preparation on the the grass courts of England. Andy’s ankle is getting better, and he should be ready to get a solid week of grass court practice in before the start of Queen’s. The grass will greatly change what Andy is looking to do on the court. He will rely on his serve and big forehand to win points early. The ball is going to move through the court quickly, so Andy will have to go for his shots and use his net game more. He will have to look for every opportunity to finish the point. We look forward to the challenges of the next month.

#109 ·

This better be a GOOD and HEALTHY grass season because if not...well nothing will happen i'll just look more like an idiot for sticking by our man.

#110 ·

MissFairy said:
Hehe Blosson, it's true, Wimbledon just was a really bad film. The story was feeble at best, and the dialogue was awful too!
They made sure they fit as many London landmarks as possible in the movie and end up being very unrealistic. Would a player who's on a winning streak go to Brighton in between matches? Do you remember Kirsten and Paul's characters romancing in that Brighton funfaire?

#111 ·

debra ¡|:! said:
Coach's Corner

We have moved on to London to begin preparation on the the grass courts of England. Andy’s ankle is getting better, and he should be ready to get a solid week of grass court practice in before the start of Queen’s. The grass will greatly change what Andy is looking to do on the court. He will rely on his serve and big forehand to win points early. The ball is going to move through the court quickly, so Andy will have to go for his shots and use his net game more. He will have to look for every opportunity to finish the point. We look forward to the challenges of the next month.
I wonder where they are staying, near Queens or would they be renting a house in Wimbledon? It's almost 7 in the evening and I'm still at work, I don't have time to stalk Andy at Starbucks, oh well.

#112 ·

blosson said:
They made sure they fit as many London landmarks as possible in the movie and end up being very unrealistic. Would a player who's on a winning streak go to Brighton in between matches? Do you remember Kirsten and Paul's characters romancing in that Brighton funfaire?
I am-not-so-ashamed to say that i didn't finish watching the film :lol: I turned off after about 45 minutes and of what i did see, i carefully forgot :p But i do remember thinking 'WTF' alot :p

#113 ·

blosson said:
I wonder where they are staying, near Queens or would they be renting a house in Wimbledon? It's almost 7 in the evening and I'm still at work, I don't have time to stalk Andy at Starbucks, oh well.
I remember there was a report about this on 'This Morning' last year (hey wat can i say i love Fern and Phillip :worship: ) and the houses around wimbledon were rented from anything from 1 week up to a month or more so i'd guess he'd probably stay around wimbledon, get used to the surroundings...but hey what do i know :p

#114 · (Edited)

debra ¡|:! said:
Coach's Corner

blosson said:
"Somebody better tell him to keep his big ASS at least on the baseline... which in his case means his feet/body would be inside the lines.":)

-damn it! :p

#115 ·

Spreen Says

Doug Speen, Athletic Trainer
June 5th, 2006 10:27 pm

Well we are now in London. Since the last time I posted here on the web site a few things have happened. During the World Team Cup Andy hit a bad patch of clay and sprained his left ankle. We worked hard for the next 5 days in an effort to give Andy a chance to play the French Open. Andy made very good progress and the day before his match at the French he was feeling pretty good on the court. But the ankle proved not to be ready for the explosive movements on the clay. He was able to run pain free but changing directions quickly was difficult. He put up a good fight but he just could not move 100% and at this level if you can’t move 100% it is very tough. I really feel if we had 2 more days he would have been close to 100%. It was just really bad timing to sprain an ankle.

So a couple of days ago we took the train from Paris to London. We took the tunnel under the English Channel which was pretty cool. We have been here for a day and half and have gotten a couple of good gym workouts in. Andy is going to start hitting some balls later today as we start the preparation for Queens and Wimbledon. The ankle was sore for a day after playing on it at the French but it feeling pretty good. It is now all about getting ready for Wimbledon which starts in 3 weeks.

#116 ·

Can you believe Andy's spending all this time in Europe for Wimbledon? He's taking this tournament very seriously. Andy and Andre will be the most rested players ever for the grass season! :lol:

Is there any chance Roger will be really tired for Wimby? :lol: ;)

#117 · (Edited)

I'm shocked and appalled that Doug didn't mention anything about making "Andy feel good" in this latest update. For shame! ;)

#120 ·

blosson said:
Dean is gone....
Right, I meant Doug :haha:

I'm a lil :cuckoo:

#122 ·

Good posts by John and Doug. I hope Andy is ready for the grass season, I know I am.

#123 ·

i hope roddick and davenport will be fit for wimbledon, they will win the title ;) go!

#125 ·

Winston's Human said:
I hope so since Andy and Lindsay are my faves.
They are my faves also, it would be nice to see both of them win.

#126 ·

^I'd love it if both of them would win!

Lindsay just has to get healthy...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.