Mens Tennis Forums banner

Ranking, Race and Stuff

2K views 61 replies 10 participants last post by  jazz_girl 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi guys!
I know this isn't the most important thing at all, and all we want is to see him at his best.
But I thought you might be interested in knowing how he's doing at the Rankings and the Champion's Race.
I made these, and I'm not the best at this at all!!!! But here's what I have so far:
Champion's Race
1 Federer 1117
2 Roddick 656
3 Hewitt 614
4 Moya 484
5 Coria 480
6 Henman 432
7 Gaudio 383
8 Safin 363
9 Agassi 348
10 Grosjean 274
11 Nalbandian271
12 Robredo 268
13 Hrbaty 263
14 Johansson255
15 Kiefer 248

Ranking
rank player's name points
1 Federer 6875
2 Roddick 3780
3 Hewitt 3070
4 Henman 2825
5 Coria 2820
6 Moya 2670
7 Agassi 2140
8 Gaudio 1985
9 Safin 1820
10 Nalbandian1630
11 Massu 1600
12 Grosjean 1560
13 Ferrero 1515
14 Johansson1437
15 Schuettler1425

See less See more
#2 ·
Thanks Jazz!

Well,this was definitely not a good year-its not over yet i know.
But i'm starting to agree with Rose,when a few weeks ago she said she'll be very happy if he ends up the year in the top 20.
He had so much going on,that this place that he is right now,i guess i can't call it bad.

Still I (and all of us i guess) want much more!!

China,could be a good start...

#5 ·
jazz_girl said:
I don't care if he ends up in the top ten or not, as long as he finishes his year healthy and playing good tennis ;)
If he can regain his top ten status, I would be tremendously happy. Whether he makes the masters or not, is of no consequence. If he does, then great. If he doesn't, I will not be disappointed. I'd rather have a healthy David not qualifying for the masters, than a not-so-healthy David qualifying. I don't think there's a choice here as to which we'd rather have.

#6 ·
sigmagirl91 said:
If he can regain his top ten status, I would be tremendously happy. Whether he makes the masters or not, is of no consequence. If he does, then great. If he doesn't, I will not be disappointed. I'd rather have a healthy David not qualifying for the masters, than a not-so-healthy David qualifying. I don't think there's a choice here as to which we'd rather have.
Totally agree, I hope he hasn't done too much too soon with China as everyone is saying he looks so tired, - but guess everyone has got to start somewhere and coming back from injury is not easy. Look at Juan-Carlos Ferrero - I think I'm right in saying he has actually played more tournaments than David yet is still lower down the rankings. Of course I would be pleased if he got to Houston if that is what HE wants and it seems to be, - but I won't be at all disappointed if he doesn't- and Top 20 or 15 would be great to start next season in my opinion!

#7 ·
Rosie said:
Totally agree, I hope he hasn't done too much too soon with China as everyone is saying he looks so tired, - but guess everyone has got to start somewhere and coming back from injury is not easy. Look at Juan-Carlos Ferrero - I think I'm right in saying he has actually played more tournaments than David yet is still lower down the rankings. Of course I would be pleased if he got to Houston if that is what HE wants and it seems to be, - but I won't be at all disappointed if he doesn't- and Top 20 or 15 would be great to start next season in my opinion!
yes, rosie. he is really tired. i watched his second match repeat yesterday. can tell u, it's horrible, many unforced errors and still bad serving. Guess what? he seems want to sleep! If the guy over the net is not LU, but another tough guy, he would be dangerous to pass the second round like playing that. Two matches a day plus jetlag, hopefully don't want to see any injury caused by the tireness.

#8 ·
yeah well, top 20 this year would be nice, and well that he is healthy and the end of the year so that he can make a good and fresh start for next year.

Not good to see that he is still so tired, it will be really though then to win today, but well he has a change..

and thanks Jazz for the rankings..

#14 ·
Rosie said:
Ferrero had more to defend-which he failed to do-than David, hence the precipitous drop in ranking for him. As for the Houston thing, I think it's not a go for David for many reasons: one, the constant injury problems, for which no effective solution has been hit upon; two, he's clearly tired-mentally, emotionally, and physically; and three, he needs to regroup badly. Going to Houston will only make the problems worse. We all know what a disaster that was for him last year, and in the vulnerable emotional and mental state he's in, I don't think that Houston is a good idea right now.

#16 ·
ClaudiaM23 said:
Still he has chance,Sigma.
And i believe that by knowing that,David will definetly try to be there.
Even knowing that playing there can be bad for him...but as stuborn as he is..i think he will try,at least.

Maybe Eduardo can make him wiser..we'll see.
I'm not saying that he doesn't have a chance; I'm simply saying that, for his own mental and emotional state, it would not be good. If MM decides to be his asshole self and do the "happy dance" once again when Andy or Andre comes on court, then I can expect that David will have a "moment" once again.

#19 ·
Rosie said:
I am hoping that MM may have learnt some humility and good manners after last year's debacle, but unfortunately, I somewhat doubt it!! :sad:
I do too, Rosie, since I believe that he will be up to his same antics this year. I would be LMAO if he had to hand the trophy to Safin or Gaudio, and it would give me an immense pleasure to see him hand it to Roger again....just to see his shit-faced expression again. It truly was priceless.

#26 ·
This is the projected ranking:
1Federer 6775
2Roddick 3770
3Hewitt 3055
4Henman 2825
5Coria 2820
6Moya 2670
7Agassi 2140
8Gaudio 1985
9Safin 1760
10Nalbandian1615
11Massu 1595
12Ferrero 1510
13Grosjean1510
14Pavel 1460
15Johansson1454
But Massu will be playing Palermo this week, so David will probably keep his 11th spot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.