Mens Tennis Forums banner

The Mardy Fish Appreciation Thread!!!

14K views 397 replies 21 participants last post by  surfpinky 
#1 · (Edited)
After viewing the Roger/Mardy match from last night, I have to vent a bit here. I know Mardy has his own thread but no one ever visits it and besides, if we can have a "Robby Ginepri" thread in the AR forum, then we can have a "Mardy Fish" thread, too. ;)

So.....who else was disgusted by Mardy's playing last night? :(

I can't believe what Fish in his press conference said after being run over by Roger:

From the BBC: A bemused Fish said: "He's definitely the best player in the world and is obviously showing it. I'm ranked 19 and I didn't play that badly and he beat me four and one."

Pfft. Keep playing like that Mardy, and you'll always be ranked 19 and never make it into the Top Ten. :(

Here's my stupid-reporter question for Mardy: "So how does it feel to be on the losing end all the time? You obviously enjoy your No. 19 ranking...." :rolleyes:

His sloppy overheads annoy me the most. And he also nets too many volleys when he's a foot away from the net. Grrrr. :eek:

See less See more
#79 ·
star said:
lol... as in Fish Blows!

;)
awwwwwwwwww pooooooooooooooor Mardy :lol:

#80 ·
Well PMac went with Mardy... hopefully he can re-discover his form for DC!

#82 ·
yes, I'm sure he is. I almost feel a little badly for him because he probably did deserve it. Hopefully PMac made the right choice.

#84 ·
I know.... I'm sure Mardy's performance last year weighed heavily on his mind. Mardy didn't play that well at the USO right before he was put on the team, plus he had lost to Kucera and PMac knew full well he'd most likely have to play him on the redstuff. Plus, Mardy's record against the Swedes really IS pretty impressive, and 2 of Spadea's losses this year were to Enqvist. I'm sure this all weighed heavily on PMac as he was trying to decide between current form and overall factors.

#88 ·
He had one really bad match when the weather conditions were awful, and all of a sudden he's in bad shape? What about the great wins in San Jose, Memphis, and IW???

#92 ·
new pic of Mardy yesterday after the DC practice session

Icing the shoulder is normal procedure, right? And omg I hope he hasn't taken up the sleeveless shirt!!!!!!!!!

#95 ·
Mardy... love ya, but you just don't have the guns for the sleeveless look!

#96 ·
PLEASE GET A HAIRCUT MARDY!!!!!! :fists clenched, begging:

Attachments

#100 ·
i hate it when it's in a ponytail (sometimes it looks really good but not always) but when it's just down i just love it. sorry but i just have a thing for guys having long hair (not ultra long hair like to their sholders but long enough). probably cause i have a bunch of skaters in my school(most of them are my friends if i know them) and i've been spoiled by their nice, fluffy, long hair...i just find it gorgeous :drool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.