Mens Tennis Forums banner

Quest for #1

11K views 565 replies 12 participants last post by  J. Corwin 
#1 ·
Andy beat Max 6-1, 6-7(9), 7-5. in all seriousness i thought Andy was going to lose this match because it was his first match in an actual tournament since he won the US Open, and going up against Max is tough enough on its own, let alone your first match back after about 3 weeks off. well with this win, he buts some major pressure on Ferrero to retain his #1 ranking because now Ferrero has to make it to at least the semis if Andy can't go any further, which i dont see happening. personally i don't see Roger getting #1 because he's gonna have to win the whole thing and hope that Ferrero and Roddick bomb out real soon. After knowing that Andy really fought for this win, i think we all see his drive to be #1. he had matchpoints in that 2nd set and lost it, but stayed focused and won a very tight 3rd set. come on Andy, get that #1:banana:

#553 ·
yeah... to follow through with my current career goals, it sorta requires me to be there LOL

#554 ·
Come on guys, let's get some Northeast pride going here!

Muggy in the summer, blizzards in the winter, cloudy and overcast in between! The mountains and trees are mediocre! All the Great Lakes pollution blows our way! We've got acid rain! Other than bears, no large carnivorous mammals! The economy's declining, it's crowded, and the people are stressed and aggressive!

Gotta love it!!!

#555 ·
I'm in Houston now at school, but I'm originally from the Boston area so I have plenty of Northeastern pride!!! ... just don't want to live there again ;)

#556 ·
Yeah. One of my best friends in Houston grew up in the Boston area. She lost her accent, gained a taste for Mexican food, warm winters, and she couldn't bear to go back for more than a few days..... but shhhhhhhhhh

Don't let them know that there are actually nice places to live, there are SO many of them!!

#557 ·
All I have to say is....Cali pride!!! lmao

#558 ·
Re: Re: Quest for #1

star said:
Yeah. One of my best friends in Houston grew up in the Boston area. She lost her accent, gained a taste for Mexican food, warm winters, and she couldn't bear to go back for more than a few days..... but shhhhhhhhhh

Don't let them know that there are actually nice places to live, there are SO many of them!!
LOL!!!!!!!! I'm not that bad. I still hate Mexican, still have a bahhhhstin accent sometimes (mine wasn't bad to begin with), and I haven't said "y'all" haha.... warmer winters though, love that!

#559 ·
Not that bad?

I thought all those things were good.

Hey, I didn't like Mexican food when I first got to Texas either. :)

And here's something I've noticed. People in the northeast say, I'm eating Italian. Or I'm eating Chinese. But people from the west and southwest (can't really speak for elsewhere) always add the word "food" after the adjective. It's interesting to me.

#560 ·
:lol:

The Westside Tennis Club is located at 1200 Wilcrest Drive, Houston, Texas. Houston Bush & Houston Hobby airports are both close to the club.

Why don't they say that both airports are equally inconveniently located to the club? "Close to" is a riot. I guess that new beltway helps, but everytime I go out there, I feel like I'm on a star trek mision or something.

#561 ·
Yeah..... I saw that too, and did not think the airports were close, even though I'm not exactly sure where the club actually is (after almost 4 years you'd think I have my bearings in the city by now). The airports are not close to ANYTHING :mad:

#562 ·
Hobby isn't too far from downtown. I used to fly in to Hobby all the time, but now I don't think it is used by any airline that I use to fly there. I liked Hobby, because I lived in the Montrose area and I could be home quick. And please....... :rolleyes: don't draw any conclusions ... Not that there's anything wrong with that. :)

#563 ·
hey lots of my friends live in/near Montrose! I'm not one of those from the GM, I don't judge :)

#564 ·
Well here is the Houston draw

RED GROUP
1 Andy Roddick USA
4 Guillermo Coria ARG
6 Rainer Schuettler GER
7 Carlos Moya ESP

BLUE GROUP
2 Juan Carlos Ferrero ESP
3 Roger Federer SUI
5 Andre Agassi USA
8 David Nalbandian ARG

what do you guys think?

#566 ·
That's one of the best draws Andy could have gotten. I am glad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.