Mens Tennis Forums banner

TMC: Andy def. Roger (via Dahveed) :p

15K views 558 replies 48 participants last post by  tangytennis 
#1 · (Edited)
:p

#2 ·
Re: Shimmying into Shanghai--the 2005 Masters Cup thread

Dear Andy's Back,
Please heal ASAP so Andy can play and kick ass in Shanghai.

Love,
Debra

#5 · (Edited)

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Andy is gonna shimmy like this in Shaghai.​

EDIT: Okay, so I had really cool dancing banana smilies but since those don't want to show up on here, I'll have to settle for the regular ones. So, if Andy shimmies in Shanghai but not as well as we had hope, then we will blame the smilies that won't work. :p

#6 ·

ummmmmm like what?

Centered??? :lol:

oh n/m I see there are supposed to be smilies :sobbing:

#7 ·

WTF is this supposed to mean?...

From Reuters:

Roddick fears Masters pull-out

World number three Andy Roddick fears he could miss the year-end Masters Cup because of back pain. Roddick was hampered by a sore back during his 6-3 7-5 defeat by Croatian Ivan Ljubicic in the semi-finals of the Paris Masters.

The American, who received treatment twice during the match, had also suffered in his quarter-final win over Spaniard David Ferrer on Friday.

"I don't know," Roddick said on Saturday when asked whether the injury might force him to pull out of the eight-strong season finale from Nov. 13 in Shanghai.

"I hope not but, obviously, I'm not as optimistic as I was two days ago. I'll go back, we'll treat it and if I feel like I can go, I'll go. If not, then I won't."

Roddick had said after beating Ferrer that he might not play Saturday's semi-final. He did but the pain soon returned.

"It felt okay walking around earlier in the day but as soon as I started moving, it just really stiffened up and made it tough to move and hit my shots," he said.

"It's low back, it's just tight. The doctor used a bunch of medical terms I'm not intelligent enough to understand. We're going to evaluate it again here and when I get home."

The former world number one, who has won five tournaments this year, said he would love to go to Shanghai.

"Most of all it's an honour to qualify (for the Masters Cup)," he said.

"It's very prestigious. The fact that you only have a handful of guys that are allowed to play makes it really special.

"Obviously, I don't think it's on par with Davis Cup or with a grand slam but it's very important. It's almost like a celebration for the year."

Ljubicic grabbed the last ticket to the Masters Cup by qualifying for the semi-finals in Paris on Friday.

The Croatian joined Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, Roddick, Lleyton Hewitt, Andre Agassi, Guillermo Coria and Nikolay Davydenko in the Shanghai field.

Oh, ok. I'm like freaking out here. (Yes Greenie, I took it from your lj ;) :lol: )

#8 ·

the stuff about going to Shanghai is also in the audio from the tourney site if you want to hear his voice and how he says it. To me it sounds like it was sort of a thing where he just doesn't know yet because he hasn't really had a chance to even find out exactly what the problem is. That's the feeling I got, but that of course he wants to go play if he possibly can.

#9 ·

I bet he wants to play. Something really wrong should be going on if he didn't want to lol.

But yeah, I just read the title and I was like 'holyshit'. I just... he's such a fucking retard for playing today. For even continuing during Ferrer's match! Damn him. Ugh.

#10 ·

well yeah.

as for the headline, that's what the news agencies do...make provocative headlines lol. But what Andy really said was basically he has no idea. :(

#11 ·

"Shimmy shimmy quarter turn, I feel like I will never learn, how can I check lost and found,
when I'm too busy GETTING DOWN!"

sorry I always think of that song when I see shimmy

Andy :hug: :S I hope he'll get well enough to play in Shanghai :( :hug:

#12 ·

He'll be fine, since y'know, he's faking the injury and all :eek:

#14 ·

Debstah said:
well yeah.

as for the headline, that's what the news agencies do...make provocative headlines lol. But what Andy really said was basically he has no idea. :(
Is Andy flying home first, and then (hopefully) going to Shanghai? That's a lot of traveling...

#15 ·

yes, he was scheduled to be at a big WTT charity thing in Pennsylvania Monday night. I imagine that he either won't go or if he goes he won't actually play.. but yeah, it was gonna be a ton of traveling in the span of a few days. None of which particularly helps the back. Of course he might have a private jet or at least first class and then it would be more comfortable I suppose lol:p

But yeah, i dunno. :(

#16 ·

Debstah said:
the stuff about going to Shanghai is also in the audio from the tourney site if you want to hear his voice and how he says it. To me it sounds like it was sort of a thing where he just doesn't know yet because he hasn't really had a chance to even find out exactly what the problem is. That's the feeling I got, but that of course he wants to go play if he possibly can.
Deb, what should I do that could let Andy to come. :tears: I'm so worried about this. He will travel a lot. How can he get well soon? I really really hope that he can come to Shanghai and even he will not play like Marat. :unsure:

I don't know when he can give us a clear answer. Oh, Please, Andy, Andy's back, be well as soon as possible. :worship: :bowdown:

#17 ·

awwwwww Athena :hug:

I hope for you as much as for Andy and everyone else that he is OK and that you will get to see him :) :) :) :hug: *prays*

#21 ·

Well, you know Andy--always fashionably late. :eek: Hopefully he doesn't play that exo match, though. Maybe it'll be too much to ask him to fly directly to Shanghai from Paris. :sobbing:

MASTERS CUP SINGLES QUALIFIERS

Roger Federer
Rafael Nadal
Marat Safin
Andy Roddick
Lleyton Hewitt
Andre Agassi
Guillermo Coria
Nikolay Davydenko
Ivan Ljubicic

The possible alternates could be (in case of pullouts):
Gaston Gaudio
David Nalbandian

#23 ·

Someone needs to talk some sense into him and tell him it's OK if he misses that WTT event. I know he doesn't like to let people down. But I think everyone would understand....TMC is more important than some expo event. I just hope he doesn't pull out of TMC.

#25 ·

Oh he's definitely gonna go back home, he said as much. Even if it's only a few days, I'm sure he'll want to have his own doctors and whoever check it out. That's fine, it's his choice. I mean, if it were me, I'd rather go out of my way to have someone I trust treat me, too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.