Mens Tennis Forums banner

AngryAndy Ragin' in 2006?

3K views 54 replies 25 participants last post by  Chrisie 
#1 · (Edited)
Details about Andy's 2006 commitments are already coming out.... meaning... drumroll..... time for a thread :p

Jan 11-14 Kooyong Classic exhibition before the AO
Jan 16-29 AO
Feb 10-12 DC 1st Round (in the US, location TBD)
Feb 13-19 SAP Open in San Jose

My guess is he'll play Memphis after this then IW and Miami, DC QFs , Houston, skip MC, do Rome and Hamburg, then RG, Queens, Wimby.... so really we can guess at most of his 2006 schedule :p

----------------------

Kooyong confirms superstar trio
October 6, 2005

WORLD No.1 Roger Federer and Americans Andy Roddick and Andre Agassi were today confirmed to play in the Kooyong Classic in Melbourne, a major Australian Open tune-up.

Organisers announced the majority of their eight-man field for the exhibition event to be played on Kooyong's hardcourt from January 11-14.

Federer, this year's Wimbledon and US Open champion, won at Kooyong last January, while Agassi is making his ninth appearance.

Tournament director Colin Stubs said Argentinean David Nalbandian (ranked No.12), compatriot Guillermo Coria (No.6) and German Tommy Haas (No.45) would also play in the event.

Stubs said negotiations were proceeding with Russia's Australian Open champion Marat Safin (ranked No.8), Frenchman Richard Gasquet (No.12) and American Taylor Dent (No.24) for the two remaining spots in the draw.

Agence France-Presse

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
andy the fighter in 2006...he'll cross the net and punch you if he has to...

what if angry andy could win rolland garros?

i know its a long shot & all but after that davis cup weekend...i want to have some hope.
ive actually harbored a secret wish for this to be andy's next slam title...just for the shockwave alone-
and to just shut everyone up (like venus @ wimbly this year) who thinks they know everything about everything...which there is a lot of in tennis.

it would be perfection.

2006- rolland garros & wimbly= andy...dont laugh at me

-i have hope...i have andytude!

#3 ·
Great thread title Deb! Bring on 2006!

#4 ·
I can't wait for the new tennis season already. :eek:

Win a slam! :banana:

#6 ·
Cheers! Here's a toast to the (new) Raging Asshole Andy in 2006:

beating the living shit out of lesser opponents instead of barely scraping by them...

getting revenge against lesser opponents like Mathieu and Muller who beat him when they shouldn't have...

start serving more bagels for breakfast instead of waiting around for someone to serve HIM...

getting to the second week of Roland Garros...

winning the Davis Cup...

beating Hewitt on a consistent basis on hardcourts...

beating Federer to finally take the Wimbledon crown...

telling Mary Carillo to piss off...

get a decent ad campaign from American Express...

dump Mardy and get back together with Mandy Moore...

#8 ·
ok, let's cheers to those! glad he's coming back to san jose, i get to watch him again!! at least get past the second round at RG and finally win wimbledon this year. 2006 is a new year, new start, new wins.

#12 · (Edited)
Noelle said:
Amen to those, tangy! Andy's Wimbledon title is long overdue. We want cocky Andy on court!

(except, I think Andy can do so much better than Mandy. I mean, look at all of us. We're a feast of excellent pickings!)
You better start hanging around bars nearby the places he play tennis :p

Wear tight clingy tops, mini skirts, die hair blonde (if you haven't done it yet) etc

#13 ·
deb, as always... great thread idea and title.

i sure do hope that angry andy is raging in 06. ANDHEBETTERFUCKINGWINWIMBLEDONORATLEASTANOTHERSLAMNEXTYEAR

or else....................................

im quite pumped up about seeing andy play in kooyong. gosh i love that place :)

and here-here about andy getting back with mandy. she's cool... cooler than mardy :eek:

#16 ·
So, his schedule doesn´t change compared to this year (except for DC).

#18 ·
I think Andy has figured out the best schedule for himself and will always play the same events year in year out, with the exception of maybe adding on a few if say he misses some because of an injury (don't get injured :fiery: ) or switching one event for another (like say switch one US hc event for another which are only 1 week difference). Although I'm not 100% satisfied with his current schedule, it is a very good one nonetheless.

#24 ·
The good thing is that Roddick will have a lot of points he can recapture and that Fed can't possibly do better than he did last year. I'm hoping Roddick can get to the Australian Open finals to start off a good year (well I'm hoping Roddick gets to every final). I think a good start at the Australian will set the tone for the year.

#25 ·
Noelle said:
Robert, Andy and I shall count on you holding up your end of the deal. :p
Count me in on that!

#26 ·
nkhera1 said:
The good thing is that Roddick will have a lot of points he can recapture and that Fed can't possibly do better than he did last year. I'm hoping Roddick can get to the Australian Open finals to start off a good year (well I'm hoping Roddick gets to every final). I think a good start at the Australian will set the tone for the year.
he can win the australian and french. |:

vamos andy!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.