Mens Tennis Forums banner

AngryAndy Ragin' in 2006?

3K views 54 replies 25 participants last post by  Chrisie 
#1 · (Edited)
Details about Andy's 2006 commitments are already coming out.... meaning... drumroll..... time for a thread :p

Jan 11-14 Kooyong Classic exhibition before the AO
Jan 16-29 AO
Feb 10-12 DC 1st Round (in the US, location TBD)
Feb 13-19 SAP Open in San Jose

My guess is he'll play Memphis after this then IW and Miami, DC QFs , Houston, skip MC, do Rome and Hamburg, then RG, Queens, Wimby.... so really we can guess at most of his 2006 schedule :p

----------------------

Kooyong confirms superstar trio
October 6, 2005

WORLD No.1 Roger Federer and Americans Andy Roddick and Andre Agassi were today confirmed to play in the Kooyong Classic in Melbourne, a major Australian Open tune-up.

Organisers announced the majority of their eight-man field for the exhibition event to be played on Kooyong's hardcourt from January 11-14.

Federer, this year's Wimbledon and US Open champion, won at Kooyong last January, while Agassi is making his ninth appearance.

Tournament director Colin Stubs said Argentinean David Nalbandian (ranked No.12), compatriot Guillermo Coria (No.6) and German Tommy Haas (No.45) would also play in the event.

Stubs said negotiations were proceeding with Russia's Australian Open champion Marat Safin (ranked No.8), Frenchman Richard Gasquet (No.12) and American Taylor Dent (No.24) for the two remaining spots in the draw.

Agence France-Presse

See less See more
#54 ·
nkhera1 said:
By OZ i assume you mean Australian Open. What are you basing this on? Hasn't he made is to the qtrs or better the last 3 years losing to the eventual finalist? I think he has the game to do well enough on that surface.
I once thought he would win it due to his kick serve on that surface but that Hewitt match in which he really should have won considering all that Hewitt went through prior to that match left major doubts about him winning that major. I do think he will come close again in the future.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.