Mens Tennis Forums banner

Andy's Ranking (points, stats, updates, etc.)! Current Ranking: Entry: 3, Race: 3

4K views 75 replies 26 participants last post by  Volcanic Tennis 
#1 · (Edited)
I hate posting rankings stuff in other threads - sometimes in the current tourney thread or the articles thread or whatever. so now there is a thread just for rankings updates and discussion :D (and if someone has some kind of idea for a cooler title let me know :p)

Anyway, Andy's currently #3 by a mere 40 points. He'll lose 10 (I think) points for not defending his Bangkok final (that 5th result will be replaced by the Memphis semi from this year). So since Hewitt is playing Bangkok this year, he only has to make the QF to overtake Andy. Not much diff. between 3 and 4 and Andy should be pretty safe at 4 since Marat's just had surgery...

#2 ·
Good idea for a thread. I like how you've put his current rank in the thread title, too. :yeah:

#4 ·
The only thing I edited was putting in the current rank b/c I thought of it and thought it would be helpful lol. I didn't *change* the title though :ras:

#7 ·
He should gain some points though if he plays in the two Masters Series events. Hopefully he plays well at Lyon too.

#8 ·
Well yes he can gain points there - more than Lleyton (lleyton made the QF at Paris, andy only won 1 match)..... this is the time of the year that the race starts to become more useful, too.

#13 ·
ummmm if he wins Paris and Madrid and Rafa loses in the first round in both and he also goes way further at Shanghai? lol....

technically mathematically possible but HIGHLY unlikely.

#14 ·
So ok I'm too tired to really think hard about it, but Hewitt pulling out of Thailand before his QF match still means he passes Andy this week right?

#17 ·
Yes Carole, Hewitt will pass Andy but it'll still be just by a few points.... but Hewitt isn't playing Paris I don't think, and he has more points to defend there... so yea it'll be back and forth, but Andy could be #3 going into the Masters Cup.

Mirkaland, they wait to announce them until they become mathematically certain to qualify. Technically there are probably a few people who could mathematically bump Andy out. But realistically, he will almost surely qualify.

#20 ·
Debstah said:
Yes Carole, Hewitt will pass Andy but it'll still be just by a few points.... but Hewitt isn't playing Paris I don't think, and he has more points to defend there... so yea it'll be back and forth, but Andy could be #3 going into the Masters Cup.

Mirkaland, they wait to announce them until they become mathematically certain to qualify. Technically there are probably a few people who could mathematically bump Andy out. But realistically, he will almost surely qualify.
Sorry for sounding stupid, but how did Safin become mathematically certain? Just by winning AO? You don't automatically qualify just by winning a GS do you?

#21 ·
mirkaland said:
Sorry for sounding stupid, but how did Safin become mathematically certain? Just by winning AO? You don't automatically qualify just by winning a GS do you?
Well, you automatically qualify if you win a slam and finish in the top 20, so they must have done the math and figured that he is a mathematical certainty to be in the top 20 by the cutoff date.

#23 ·
I hope Andy wins LYON and gets that number 3 ranking back.
What is this story of Lleyton not playing Paris? IS he playing Madrid :confused:

#25 ·
Zoeeee said:
I have this theory on Andy's rankings. When he was 21 he was number 1, when he was 22 he was #2, now he;s 23.. #3. Thats my theory anyway...

Lets hope he doesn't get any older!

That's hilarious! :haha: :haha:

Reactions: surfpinky
#26 ·
Zoeeee said:
I have this theory on Andy's rankings. When he was 21 he was number 1, when he was 22 he was #2, now he;s 23.. #3. Thats my theory anyway...

Lets hope he doesn't get any older!
According to your theory, there is still hope that Andy becomes again #1 when he will be 31 :p :banana:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.