Mens Tennis Forums banner

Andy's Ranking (points, stats, updates, etc.)! Current Ranking: Entry: 3, Race: 3

4K views 75 replies 26 participants last post by  Volcanic Tennis 
#1 · (Edited)
I hate posting rankings stuff in other threads - sometimes in the current tourney thread or the articles thread or whatever. so now there is a thread just for rankings updates and discussion :D (and if someone has some kind of idea for a cooler title let me know :p)

Anyway, Andy's currently #3 by a mere 40 points. He'll lose 10 (I think) points for not defending his Bangkok final (that 5th result will be replaced by the Memphis semi from this year). So since Hewitt is playing Bangkok this year, he only has to make the QF to overtake Andy. Not much diff. between 3 and 4 and Andy should be pretty safe at 4 since Marat's just had surgery...

#52 ·
Galaxystorm just posted this in the statistics forum, thought it was kinda cool to see our untalented, one-dimensional Andy included in this elite group :angel:

Nadal joins the 76% club

This club is consisted of active players with 76% of matches won counting ATP+ DC matches

These five players are obviously leading the ranking of % of wins among ATP players. ( A minimum of 50 matches are required )

1) Hewitt..... 76.98 %
2) Federer.... 76.48 %
3) Agassi...... 76.44 %
4) Roddick..... 76.34 %
5) Nadal......... 76.07 %

#53 ·
Thanks for the info Tangy!

#54 ·
Aw. The boy's holding on. Thanks Tangster :hug:

#56 ·
Yes, renee, I added Andy's 300th career win to my list of notable Andy achievements. :D

Just to give a bit of perspective of what this stat means: Thomas Johansson has only just now recorded his 300th career win in St. Petersburg. ToJo has been on the pro tour six years longer than Andy has. :)

#61 ·
tangerine_dream said:
Yes, renee, I added Andy's 300th career win to my list of notable Andy achievements. :D

Just to give a bit of perspective of what this stat means: Thomas Johansson has only just now recorded his 300th career win in St. Petersburg. ToJo has been on the pro tour six years longer than Andy has. :)
I saw that on the ATP site yesterday and thought, ToJo is 30 this year! :eek:

Great job, Andy! :yeah:

#62 ·
So, there's only one more source of points for the top guys til the end of the year - TMC.

After last year's points came off, Andy's still at 3 by several hundred points in the entry ranking.

As for the race, Andy's 119 points ahead of Hewitt, who is the only person who'd be able to catch him at #3 (Andre's next at 162 pts behind Andy and there are only 150 points available at TMC). So even if Andy didn't play TMC and Hewitt did, Hewitt would have to win TMC to overtake Andy.

As for Andy's stats, he's now got 912 aces - so he'd have to have a huge TMC to be able to break 1000 again, which seems unlikely. And he still leads the tour with service games held (93% :eek: ). Perhaps the biggest thing is his first serve % - he's at 66% for the year, over 69 matches. I think that's absolutely amazing. :)

#64 ·
Yes'm, he's held 93% of the time this year :eek: (it's been tiebreaks, not his serve, that has by and large been his problem this year if you look at the matches he's lost...). Fed's in second with 90%. I thought that Karlovic had been on there at 91% or so, but I see his name is not in any of the stats and surely he would be in the top 10 aces list, too?? I dunno!!!!!!

http://www.atptennis.com/en/players/matchfacts/

#66 ·
Roger can get lazy and drop his serve sometimes.... he just usually gets it right back and then gets another one ;)

#68 ·
Roddick closing gap on Federer

Hamburg (dpa) - American Andy Roddick managed to close the gap on the leading Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal in the ATP points race rankings issued on Monday.

Switzerland's Federer and Spain's Nadal, had to sit out the Paris Masters through injury, but both are hoping to compete in the season's ender in Shanghai.

Roddick, who was beaten in the semi-finals of the Bercy event by Croat Ivan Ljubicic, moved to 617 points, but remains far behind the two leading players.

ATP points race top 10 as of November 7 (previous ranking in parenthesis):

1. (1) Roger Federer, Switzerland, 1,245 points; 2. (2) Rafael Nadal, Spain, 953; 3. (3) Andy Roddick, United States, 617; 4. (4) Lleyton Hewitt, Australia, 498; 5. (5) Andre Agassi, United States, 455; 6. (6) Guillermo Coria, Argentina, 438; 7. (7) Nikolay Davydenko, Russia, 418; 8. (8) Ivan Ljubicic 416; 9. (10) Gaston Gaudio, Argentina, 370; 10. (8) Marat Safin, Russia, 346.

---

I don't see Andy "closing the gap" between him and Roger/Rafa but it's nice to see a "6" next to Andy's name while the rest are stuck with 4's and 3's ;) And he's got a nice lead over Hewitt so that's :cool:

#70 ·
Nice to see Andy leading some stats. How about we lead some returning stats next year Andy?

#71 ·
HA Andy leading returning stats!!?!? oh funny joke, Jen.

#73 ·
surfpinky said:
that will happen the day I sprout wings.
Don't laugh, I'm working on it.
:haha: I almost spit my sandwich.

#75 ·
So the ATP changed their stats page - the rankings go out now to the top 65, so we can see where Andy stands in the returning stats.... and.... it's not good

http://www.atptennis.com/en/players/matchfacts/

~Points returning first serve: 59 with 27% of first serve return points won :eek: (incidentally, that's tied with Ljubicic and Feli Lopez :eek:)
~Break Points Converted: tied at 40 with 40% of BPs converted
~Points won returning second serve: 31 with 50% of 2nd serve return points won
~Return Games won; 52 with only 21% of return games won. That's flat-out embarrassing.

Bottom line: Andy's return has got to improve or he will continue to stagnate.

#76 ·
Wow at Tangerine_Dream's list of achievements :bow: :bow: :bow: That's amazing! :thumsbup:

And what he's achieved this year stats-wise is wonderful :bow: 900 aces +? That's crazy! I've hit two in my life and I'm proud :lmao:

But the one that really struck me... the five setter against El Aynaoui in the AO. 21-19 o_O

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.