Mens Tennis Forums banner

Summer Hardcourt & Olympics

20K views 132 replies 24 participants last post by  arodfanpe666o 
#1 ·
#2 ·
You can always start a new thread :) Anyway I moved it to a new one so there we go :)

#7 ·
All reports are that he's looking like that Roddick we all know and love...ya know, the sometimes fit guy that plays midly passive tennis.

Hopes are high that he'll lose to Isner in the semi-final after playing defensive "scat-man" style points on every break opportunity.

I kid. Good to see him winning again, the bar is obviously set low but if he can win another title here and beat some top 20(almost 10ish) type players I think we'll see his confidence(and rankings) rise a bit...for the Olympics Summer hardcourt season and US OPEN.

#9 ·
GREAT Win for Andy. He should've won in 2 sets but good for his composure and fitness to win in 3 esp after getting screwed with a footfault. Nice to see him look like the fitter person. Great :yeah:

#14 ·
Sorry I couldn't rep you back...I'd have to spread it around first, and ehll (sic), I ain't around here enough to spread anything around.

Doing well, had the rare opportunity to catch some LIVE tennis with two of my favs. I grew up in Greensboro, but went to an arch-rival HS from Big John. Still, gotta root for him when I can. Am super-psyched he and Andy will play together in London.

Bottomline, though, I'm glad Andy won. He served sooooooo well. Now if we could just find that FH.

I'm good, girls are good...just bigger. Nat will be in 1st Grade (did I really type that?!?) and Sam only has one more year in pre-school. And then I'll get my Life back. :p Still, all is well here in Virginny...just hot and humidity as Hotlanta. We've already had something like 15 95F+ days already this summer. And it ain't even August yet. Sigh.

Hope all are well in here.

#16 ·
well this is an abysmal start in more ways than one :haha:

#18 ·
Well, yay he won :D hopefully his shoulder's ok :awww:

#22 ·
Who knows? He served 138 last night. Today when the trainer came out he said he started to feel it a little last night. Hopefully it's just some kind of soreness/tiredness/strain and nothing worse. I would hope with the summer he has ahead that he wouldn't have risked something bad today by continuing :eek:

#25 ·
I agree. It's all about the USO but unfortunately he can't win it unless he wins matches and get confidence which means playing a bunch.

Pre-match they asked him how he felt and he said "...well, (pause)...it's one match so (pause)...so you know...(pause)...I can get through it." or something like that. So I knew he wasn't 100%

Top 20 is good....hopefully he can pickup points at Canada or Cincy.

#28 ·
It doesnt sound like anything serious if he's going right to London today and not even having an MRI on the shoulder. Let's hope anyway

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.