Mens Tennis Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

AO R4: Novak Djokovic def Stan Wawrinka 1-6 7-5 6-4 6-7(5-7) 12-10

66K views 900 replies 264 participants last post by  zjtennis 
#1 ·
Djokovic successfully denied Wawrinka in a five set heartbreaking thriller.

Maybe the best performance in Wawa's career so far, regardless of the outcome. :worship::worship:

#176 ·
Re: AO R4:Novak Clutchovic def Stan 'da man' 1-6 7-5 6-4 6-7(5-7) 12-10

hey butt hurt losers Stan lost embrace it.........better player won loser lost suck it
No Molina, Nole goes home. Nole didn't win this - Molina gave it to him.

#177 ·

Nole too good at the end.

#178 ·

nole trolling fedmorons, priceless.

#180 ·

Eric Molina is a great guy and this ball was not 100% in, neither 100% out, we couldn't say without the hawk.

#185 ·

By the way, let's just pretend it is normal to run like a horse after 5 hours... I am sure it is just diet stuff.

#188 ·

So many bitter Fed tards. You'd think this match was Nole def Federer judging by the comments.

Wawa played great, but as usual couldn't close. That second set screw up was costly here. He came in with a plan, then lost it somewhere in the middle, only to regain it at the end, but it wasn't enough. Good match.

#190 ·

I think the turning point was when Stan was up 5-2 2nd set but then choked and let Novak get back and win the 2nd set. If Stan win the 2nd set as well she should've won the match.

The 5th set is really hard for Stan I don't recall him getting 2 points in a game when Novak is serving after 6-6. Unless Stan can pull off something he did in the 1st set, it's without a doubt that Novak is going to break and it just depends how long Stan can hold.

I root for Stan the underdog cause I think he really has the game to win if he has less self doubt. But still an unreal match just incredible.

#191 ·

How did he cheat? Did you ev en watch the match?
Indeed, he cheated when he claimed that ball was out. Molina helped him. Djoko should withdraw.

#193 ·

That was an insane match.Never seen Wawa play out of his skin like he did tonight,for the first set and hald,Novak couldn't do anything:spit:The serve was just:eek:

Novak,love him or loath him,you got to admire his self belief,even when he was missing,he hanged in there,and was very clutch when he was in big toubles.True Champ.

Berdsh!t will be eccetetic.

#227 ·

That was an insane match.Never seen Wawa play out of his skin like he did tonight,for the first set and hald,Novak couldn't do anything:spit:The serve was just:eek:

Novak,love him or loath him,you got to admire his self belief,even when he was missing,he hanged in there,and was very clutch when he was in big toubles.True Champ.

Berdsh!t will be eccetetic.
I actually sometimes do have issues with Djokovic but a match like this is so great that even when you're pulling for Stan you can't be bummed at the end when he loses. both played great, maybe Stan more to the best of his abilities than Novak, but then again Novak really showed how clutch he is at times

pretty happy I stayed up from 4:30 Eastern USA time to 9 something AM to watch this

what I was surprised to see however, was a match where a player outside the top 10 was in a way in control of the outcome of the match so much. Novak won it by his extremely clutch-ness and consistency but it was pretty cool to finally see a lower ranked player have some balls and go for it

#194 ·

All luck, this cheater Djokovic!

But, Man, what a great match. I must admit that I thought for sure Wawrinka was gonna fold after losing the 2nd set. Oh boy, glad I was wrong. I really wanted him to win after all the effort he showed. Djokovic got lucky. But luck is also part of the game. And it was a very nice match point to end a great match.

thoroughly entertained. so fun. I love this game!

Next.

#195 ·

Ah i see lots of bitter FEDtards in the thread :devil:

Seems you banked on wawa to take out the djoker as Fed won't be able to beat the djoker.

But in all seriousness wawa was amazing :worship::worship:

He should have won the 2nd set if it wasn't for his choking.

#202 ·

Ah i see lots of bitter FEDtards in the thread :devil:

Seems you banked on wawa to take out the djoker as Fed won't be able to beat the djoker.

But in all seriousness wawa was amazing :worship::worship:

He should have won the 2nd set if it wasn't for his choking.
Hi Shankar :wavey: , how are you doing these days ?

#229 ·

im a neutral fan who only gambles great match but why so many butt hurt fedtards after great match?
Fed won't be able to beat the djoker if he reaches the finals(BTW he has to take out Murray first;))

So they were banking on wawa to beat the djoker,that's the reason they are hurt:eek:

Hi Shankar :wavey: , how are you doing these days ?
Seriously who's Shankar?

#198 ·

Stan has the game, but not the brain!
Some players just unable to get to the next step despite having the talent, clearly he is one of them!
Those break points he had at 4-4, very bad misses!
The close call on his return at break point, he should have challenged it! I was so surprised he let it go!

#201 ·

Eric Molina is a great guy and this ball was not 100% in, neither 100% out, we couldn't say without the hawk.
Hawkeye showed that the ball was clearly in. Djoko was broken.

#206 ·

Hawkeye showed that the ball was clearly in. Djoko was broken.
no hawk eye was displayed about this ball\

wtf are u talking about?

Reactions: ZakMcCrack
#203 ·

That was the true masculine tennis presented by two outstanding athletes. Just too bad they both could not win. Though, in a way, they did as it's one of those cases when the defeated one has every right to hold his head as high as the winner. Novak, bravo! Stan The Man, bravissimo!

#204 ·

Horrible result, I don't like it go to the way...

Stan has so many great chance in second set but just can't get it done. and miss huge chance again in fifth set

#219 ·

Horrible result, I don't like it go to the way...

Stan has great chance in second set but just can't get it done. and miss huge chance again in fifth set
It is what it is. But let's face it. Nole is on his way to lose his 3 grand slam final in 4 tries. The most overrated #1 player with the most annoying fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.