Mens Tennis Forums banner

The Fall Cometh: Novak Djokovic.

11K views 98 replies 63 participants last post by  Nole fan 
#1 ·
You heard it here first. He's slowly going down in the rankings and losing matches he should win. Although he could return to form, I don't see it happening and he will follow his compatriots Ivanovic and Jankovic down the rankings.

#6 ·
Yes I admit I 100% copied you. I still :worship: you at how well yours work, I'm loving it's effects :D.

and you base that on....???
His form, attitude, and my knowledge.

#4 ·
Well. Novak took the money and changed his racket. Not a lot of people can handle a new racket easily. And Murray has truly passed him. He is young and can come back, with Fed being a factor maybe for the next 2 years. Still, he is going to have trouble with the younger generation.

#7 ·
The Serb angle is very eerie.

2007 USO: Novak got to the finals of the USO
2008 AO: Novak won his first slam and Ivanovic and Jankovic took out the William Sisters
2008 French Open: Ivanovic won first slam and got to #1
Later in the year: Jankovic got to #1

After that: totally going backwards and doing much worse

#8 ·
And just to clarify, I'm not much of a fan, but I also find it pretty sad to see his talent wasted like this. Hopefully he won't slip too far, but I think by year's end he'll be struggling to stay in the top ten.

#20 ·
Cilic won't pass Faker in the rankings, unless Faker turn into an even bigger mug and fall below #20-#30.
Which is pretty much possible.

#12 ·
He's still 2400 ahead of delpot in the post-wimbledon rankings. The problem is now he only has S/Q/Q/R32 in his last four slams, basically the same as Del Potro. The problem for DelPot is although he has room for improvement at the masters (he missed Canada/Cinci last year), he's about to lose 1k points from kitzbuhel/stuttgart this month, and only has 290 from small tournaments to replace them. He needs to make some masters finals or more slam semis really, pick up some big points, or Djoko is safe.

#14 ·
At WORST I can see him finishing the year #6 or #7... but he'll get it back sooner or later, he's too talented not to. And he's not exactly a raving head case or particularly detached from reality like his Serbian counterparts.

#16 ·
He'll still be top 5 for a while...

#17 ·
don't exagerate, remember how some people wrote Roger off before, now he is heading to his 15th slams, nole is still young ;)

#19 ·
Since there seems to be an underlying Serb bash, I'll bite:

Ivanovic: overrated, probably won't win anymore slams after French. May if Venus and Serena retire real soon and she stops the modeling nonsense.

Jankovic: way overrated, never should have been No. 1, never will win a slam.

Djokovic: has great potential, could potentially win multiple slams - hardcourt and French in particular (maybe never Wimbledon), but could also go down Ivanovic's path.

#21 ·
People slated Murray for being weak on clay, now poor old Novak gets the treatment on grass.

He's solid enough on other surfaces. He just can't get into a baseline rhythm on grass because the surface doesn't let him.

Once they're all on the US HC swing he will get that chance.

#22 ·
He's fine but I do love these kind of threads.:rolleyes:

#23 ·
Thread fail. Novak's #4 position is very secure as DelPot is going to lose a lot of points in the next 2 months.

#25 ·
Stop talking fucking bollocks. Novak is solid, that's his problem too solid. He plays so passive, like he's going through the motions to win. No extra aggression when the situation calls for it. Like against HASS. End of the day, his problems are more mental than physical, and he'll bring it together soon enough.

#26 ·
I 'm very far from being a fan or even a slight admirer , but to dismiss Djokovic that easily and early is just :silly: .

If you don't fail , you're not growing. He'll get find the way to win again.

#27 ·
What a stupid thread...I am the first who will bash him for not living up to his potential in the last 12 months, but look at his results even in that period. Look at race points, he was AHEAD of Murray till grass season started. Yeah, he's going trough rough period but to dismiss him and predict his fall in rankings is pure stupidity. Even playing like this he is over 2400 points ahead of Del Potro who has huge points to defend soon. Not too mention that he had pretty bad second half of the season last year after Wimbledon till TMC and has nothing notable to defend apart from USO semis. So you will need to wait for a while till you see "The Fall Cometh" . And if he picks his things up and starts to play how he can again your thread will be laughing stock.

#31 ·
It's ever since damn Roger told Novak's parents to STFU. The poor little boy's heart was broken :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.