Mens Tennis Forums banner

All Nole fans in this forum, please read

2K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  neenah 
#1 ·
Although most of the regular posters in this forum know about this new policy of MTF, I would like every Nole's fans here be aware about this and I also like to make a suggestion and have a discussion.

The new policy is threads cannot have more than 5000 posts. All those threads with more than 5000 are quarantined :lol: in forum accessible only by admins until they figure a way to break them down to smaller threads with less than 5000 posts.

My suggestion is, when you're about to post in a thread that's close to or reached 5000 posts, please start a new thread and PM Serbian forum moderator to close the old thread. Right now, the Nole picture thread is close to 5000 posts and we don't want that thread be hidden from us.

What do you think?

#3 ·
I don't know if deleting posts will really make the difference. From purely technical point of view (although I'm not sure if the tech team understand it the same way), the deleted posts won't affect the time to load a thread. IMO, the more deleted posts, the more burden for the server to load the thread because those posts are still there, just won't show up for regular posters to see and not in post count. For moderators, they can still see the posts when they load the threads.

#4 ·
My suggestion is, when you're about to post in a thread that's close to or reached 5000 posts, please start a new thread and PM Serbian forum moderator to close the old thread. Right now, the Nole picture thread is close to 5000 posts and we don't want that thread be hidden from us.

What do you think?
Yes please :) :hug:

#5 ·
Okidoki Miss Lee :hatoff: But we are pretty close already, I'm so afraid we'll forget :unsure: And my memory is certainly not good enough :tape:

#8 ·
Although most of the regular posters in this forum know about this new policy of MTF, I would like every Nole's fans here be aware about this and I also like to make a suggestion and have a discussion.

The new policy is threads cannot have more than 5000 posts. All those threads with more than 5000 are quarantined :lol: in forum accessible only by admins until they figure a way to break them down to smaller threads with less than 5000 posts.

What do you think?
Great idea:yeah: that's a precious thread :D

#9 · (Edited)
:scared:
We have to be carefull.

around 200 more posts til 5000.

4600 was 15-16 days ago, so probably about 2 weeks, depending on how much material we have.

#11 ·
Yes :) I'm already planning on closing it when it gets a bit closer... considering he's not even playing right now I didn't think we'd get posts so quickly. If I see it anywhere between 4900-4999 I'll close it though to be safe :)

#12 ·
Thanks for being on top of things. I make this suggestion just in case you're not around when things happened. Like when you're in Wimbledon. ;) Probably won't happen when the pics thread reaches the limit but for other threads.

#17 ·
Thanks for starting the thread Lee, - and - yes I agree with you. Would be a tragedy to lose all our lovely photos :awww: And thanks Jess for keeping on top of things :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.