Mens Tennis Forums banner

Have you met Dmitry?

8K views 37 replies 17 participants last post by  Happiness 
#1 ·
I never post in the player forums but I am in a Tursunov mood today!

How many have met him? Share your experience? I have met him. He is so hot, talented and crazy.

#3 ·
I met him first at the open of Bercy he has been realy nice and funny too and when we took a picture he asked me to wait so he can find flowers...but as he didn't find flower he gave me something else...he has been realy cute
after I met him at Rg and ask him to sign the picture and he said "oh! but I remember this day! it was at Bercy right?" I told him "yes" and he added "we are so cuuuuute together!!"
he gave me a ball and I asked him if we can take another picture off the court in the corner
a lot of fans where waitting for him and so I couldn't see him or approched him but my friend told me "hurry up! his is searching for you!!" so I pushed everybody
we took the picture but he was all wet so I told him "OMG! you're all wet!!!" in a disgusted tone and he said "yes I know I'm sorry it's because I run a lot" and he was realy sincere...
it was so nice and cute from his part! after I asked him his towel and so he gave it to me and he left...I guess some girls from all his fans wanted to kill me because he took all his time with me and after he said "I can't take any other picture I have to go"...
I also love a lot when he talks with me with a high-pitched voice...it always make me laugh! or when he does it on the court...this is all dima!
I guess that's all I can tell about meeting dima! hope it answer your question! ;)

Reactions: amdany
#4 · (Edited)
i met him for a few minutes! his girlfriend bouhgt me a lemonade! it was so nice and cute he was yelling things to her during his practicfe!! she's very stunning, slim and petite and dark!!!!!!! and really nice they both are!!

hes very very nice! i wish i had abs like that lolll!!!!

#8 ·
i think so someone there told me they were together! i saw them together a lot they talked for a long time really seriously!! she is nice!

i have to go to school now!! we had halfday today but i have to be there at 12!!

#10 · (Edited)
ok if you know it as fact you probably know better than i do!! i am not completely sure i could be wrong but many people said it to me and they were very friendly sitting together!! i don't know dmitry so i cant be 100% sure but if she is he has very good taste! lots of people here seem to know her!!

but dmitry is very nice he was really kind to me!!

and hello to everyone!! i love dmitry so it is nice to talk to more fans!!!

#14 ·
of course Dima has a girlfriend and for at least a year now (and he was even married in 2002 and now is divorced) !!! Her name is Svetlana. She's Russian and she lives in Moscow. She's was on this picture with a koala from last year Australian Open with Andy Murray, Kim and the English guy from the Virgin Company.

#19 ·
I could turn it around and ask you why are you so sure she is NOT his girlfriend....no let me see, I think she is his sister's mom actually,so that would make her his aunt. No even better she's Etienne de Villiers' secret Russian daughter....
You know, dude, Dmitry having a girlfriend is not going to reduce the number of his (female) fans.... You can tell him that directly by the way ;)

#21 ·
Hello dimahenman! it's not about being "sure", it's just that I find strange people trying to prevent other people to say that Dmitry has a girlfriend (when he obviously has one). And for the final in Monte Carlo, a match Federer-Rafa on clay? You don't need to have your boyfriend on the court to want to go there, it's a social event, you want to be seen attending something like that. Everybody went there.

#24 · (Edited)
It's so funny how people who "know" "Dima" actually try to bullsh#t others around here. I just say what I saw that's all. And who is commenting on his private life several times here and literally jumping on people about this particular topic, mmmm "I don't know", "Ms Tommy Haas" ?? It's censorship!!! (I'm joking, and I'm qualifyng this since you don't take this subject too lightly I see)
Of course he has a girlfriend!! That doesn't make him less interesting!
And by the way, thanks I'm focusing on tennis quite a lot and going to tournaments more than enough (instead of spending time on players' web sites ;) ). Ever been to Monte Carlo or the US Open or Wimbledon ? :)
I'm looking forward to reading your fantastic and very knowledgeable comments on matches. Any tennis statistics you want to share? ;) I'll trust you on that "dudes"!

#26 ·
OK :confused:I have chosen to ignore this thread up until now, because I personally hate these "fangirl" type threads about players' private lives........... but as it doesn't seem to want to roll over and die, here are my comments for what they are worth.

I have met Dima many times - but I would never choose to discuss any conversations I have with him or any other player on an Internet Message Board, because I feel it violates their privacy. I like to watch him play tennis, I like his personality, and I happen to like him as a person - but who he is dating is absoltuely NONE of a fans' business, and I wish people would just let it rest :rolleyes:

For your information, sunnyday, yes I have been to Monte Carlo, also to Rome, Hamburg, Roland Garros, Moscow, St.Petersburg, Estoril, Wimbledon, Queens and very many other tournaments too. Some people are not so fortunate and it doesn't make me any more important, nor my views any more valid, than anyone else here, though it may give me more insight into "behind the scenes" stuff than some. If you have been to so many - I am surprised I have never met you. Perhaps I have :)

Anyway - I know for a fact that Dima does not like to talk about his private life - he is a human being too, and deserves the privacy that all other human beings take for granted when it comes to his family, his friends and his sex life. Can we just give it a rest please?

Thanks.

#27 ·
Dear Cat Lady, I surmise that you're probably a tad older than the average "girls" (fans or anything else) on this site so I won't comment on the tone of your post, of course you are very important and no one asks you to talk about the conversations you have with players. Like I said on my first post I am just mentioning what I saw in pictures or in real life and my surprise at people (perhaps deliberately) telling things that are not true. It's not the end of the world and I don't think it's an invasion of privacy when it comes to trifle stuff like that, as innocent as MENTIONING that someone has a girlfriend. Your "seriousness" is puzzling and would perhaps be better directed when it comes to background checks for people accompanying (WTA) players or people giving phone records to authorities in betting probes. This is when the term "privacy" was rightly used by all the parties. Let's not weaken it by using it in this case, it's a bit silly.
(and I do not think that writing certain things on a message board will be the way to ingratiate myself to anyone in the tennis world). Let's get back to reality.

I usually do not wear a "sunnyday" tag on my forehead,so that might be why we haven't met ;)
that being said, no worries though, I wish you well :) :) I'm going to Queens this year and perhaps Wimbledon if we can get tickets, so who knows? :)

#28 ·
Oh God... Can't stand such threads.

Will speak to dear Sunnyday mostly...

I know Mitya a bit, know his parents, have seen Svetlana lots of times. And I must tell you it indeed looks like she's the one trying to attract his attention any possible way (look what she wears at least) while he pays almost no attention at her.

I don't say he's virgin and innocent. He surely does have some relationship. But that's not our f-g business. All we can and must do is wish him to be happy and find The One.

Some people who don't know Mitya think me and him are together when they look at this pic. We indeed had fun then and enjoyed talking to each other at that moment. Will you say I'm another nominee for Mitya's gf now?

I'm just begging you - don't say "4 sure" unless you have any proof.

P.S. The thread's actually about fans' experience of meeting Mitya btw

#29 ·
how angelic,lennichka :p why don't i belive you :p?

anyway,i guess some gossips on who is he dating won't harm us that much...as long as we don't exagerate.

rosie,i agree with you,but you can't stop ppl talk. i mean,if u happen to be around dima when he makes a joke abt a girl for example and u post it here,u wont be banned no :)?

i actually was there first time he trained in buc open 2 years ago and he said something like :"all these girls think if they jump on you they might get to bed with you" or qque chose pareil...aleka has it on tape...but i think he was kidding :lol:

i met dima,he was a sweetie and i guess because my dimapants he kept on talking to me all week and saying hi to me first whenever he met me :lol: he's a sweetie in his bitchiness,that's all :lol:

#31 ·
hello! it's a late reply but I was on holidays.

Dream, thanks you're doing a great job, so not to worry I'm COMPLETELY convinced by your message (this is the part I liked the most " And I must tell you it indeed looks like she's the one trying to attract his attention any possible way (look what she wears at least) while he pays almost no attention at her").

And I am so touched that you only want to answer me and that absolutely no one else will read this !! ;)

so, GOT IT ;) !! Dmitry is actually from the Netherlands, he has 2 brothers and 1 sister, and a dog named Mamita. His favorite surface is clay and he likes the TV show 24 very much like his best friend Tommy Robredo. How's that?

no offense, of course :) We might meet during tournaments. By the way, I think I've seen Rose already. A middle-aged woman with a big camera who takes a lots of pictures during matches :)

enjoy tennis!!

(ps: great picture with Dima!! but there is no way anyone seeing that picture will say it's him being with his girlfriend :) )

#32 ·
:lol: Well I'm in my 30's - whether you call that middle aged is your choice I guess :) But I only own a tiny, hand-bag sized digital camera, and I NEVER take pictures during matches - in fact I hardly ever take pictures at all, as I'm sh*t at photography and other people can take much better ones than me! Maybe look again next time :) And nice to see this still seems to be the only thread on MTF you ever post in. At least you're keeping it alive I guess, whilst studiously ignoring the News, Articles, and tournament threads where most of the rest of us spend our time :)

As Dream so nicely put it - this thread was made by someone who wanted to talk about fans' experiences of actually meeting Dmitry - not to speculate about his girlfriends and private life. So can't we just put it to rest please?

#33 ·
well at least you're old enough to be my mum !! so yes for me it's middle-aged :) and the "studious" hours you are spending on this site is something that is very commendable indeed ;) you seem to be there a lot, so much you even monitor all the threads and what is being said !!!? It's like you're giving an order or something.... You're older ok but chill, perhaps you're taking this a bit too personally and you're not making it very welcoming for other people :)

but anyway it's ok, I am so sorry you can't take pictures, it's very easy particularly with new digital cameras. You can even try some portable video cameras if you are that "clumsy" (no offense) some are quite cheap.(and I say that because you're the one saying that you have problems taking pictures.)

you don't have to become like a "gorgon" (no offense) jumping in to defend --what I'm not so sure.... there's nothing negative in what I say and I don't #speculate# I merely #point out# ;)

I liked what Dream wrote, it was very very good :) and what I wrote about the picture of Dream and Dima was meant to say that it just looks like the usual fan-player picture. :)

see you around ;) I don't think it's a problem NOT to spend hours and days on a web site, life outside (and tennis) can be good. good luck!

If I want to write something on any thread then I'll do it on my own time, thanks for the suggestion. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.