McEnroe: Nadal should be top seed at French Open - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Should FO change Rafa's ranking so that he doesn't possibly meet with Nole in QF?

Yes, Rafa should be ranked higher for FO; he deserves it. 32 24.43%
No, Nadal should be ranked based on his ATP points without any adjustment. 99 75.57%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-28-2013, 12:53 PM   #121
country flag romismak

romismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: McEnroe: Nadal should be top seed at French Open

I am sure RG won´t change seedings, so Rafa will be 5th, but i would like if they do it, because with Rafa and Nole as top 2 seeded players, there is huge chance for their RG F- which i hope will be, no matter what some people say, those 2 are by far 2 best on clay and Nole is only player who can beat Rafa at RG. Rafa won´t loose to anyone else and Nole can loose, but most likely should make F if he won´t have Rafa in QF or SF- Federer won´t pull another Serverer 2011 mode, Ferrer and Murray can exhaust him for next match but no way they beat him, guys like Delpo,Tsonga,Berdych can test him, but in the end his movement and deffense will be to much and he will win. So from this point of view it would be good to see Rafa as No.1 seeded, i mean if Nole won´t make F o.k. his fault, but he should make F, he is just clearly better on clay at best of 5 format than anybody besides Rafa, last year it was weird with him having troubles with Tsonga on clay and even that Seppi match was way to close for someone like Nole
romismak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2013, 12:54 PM   #122
country flag 70-68

70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
Anyone with a clay final or title should be ranked above him. Guys like Haase, Rosol, Zeballos, Verdasco etc.
So ATP 250 titles and finals are more valuable than RG SF and QF and Masters SF's....
70-68 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:05 PM   #123
country flag juan27

juan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcess81 View Post
From Tennis.com:

Toni Nadal supports raising Rafa's seeding at Roland Garros

Toni Nadal, the uncle and coach of Rafael Nadal, tells El Periodico de Aragon that if Roland Garros decides to raise the seven-time French Open champion's seeding he wouldn’t mind. Nadal is currently ranked No. 5, just behind David Ferrer.

"If they choose to do it, [it] will be good for Rafa and it doesn’t not seem bad to me," Toni Nadal said.

Hall of Famer John McEnroe told TENNIS.com he believes Nadal should be the top seed for the French Open. Both Toni and Rafael Nadal have advocated a two-year ranking system, partly to protect the rankings and seeding of top level players who become injured.

"Rafa has won seven titles in Paris and he lost his ranking because he has spent seven months off the courts,” Toni Nadal said. “This would not happen if the rankings were made up of the results over two years. It’s not logical that [Juan Martin] del Potro was injured for one year and fell to No. 700 and had to start again. That is not good for tennis or for the show."
this mugs talks shits againsts hardcourts and other things , but the wants help from ATP for are beneficit.

ATP helped very much nadal slown down the courts and other things , and now they want even more help¿¿¿???

in few time they will want that djokovic not play anymore for atp
juan27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote