#1 ·
Yesssssssssssssssssssssssss
Another great match from Del Potro :worship:
Very emotional at the end, thoroughly deserved :yeah:

#34 ·
Delpo :worship:

deserved medal

LOL Nole, back to back slappings, leaves with NOTHING

good thing as well was some extra ranking points on this match so good job Delpo

#37 ·
Lovely!!! :bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

Congratulations, Juan Martin!!!!

#39 ·
Novak needs to take a break, focus and come back. Fuck Toronto, 1000 points and race with Fed for no1. He looks like he doesn't want to play tennis. And clutchovic who saves MPs and BPs is gone. He didn't save shit in last 2 matches and didn't take any of the BPs. And today he was owning Delpo until 5-5 and then choked so bad....

Edit: Congratz Delpo!

#44 ·
Novak needs to take a break, focus and come back. Fuck Toronto, 1000 points and race with Fed for no1. He looks like he doesn't want to play tennis. And clutchovic who saves MPs and BPs is gone. He didn't save shit in last 2 matches and didn't take any of the BPs. And today he was owning Delpo until 5-5 and then choked so bad....
The match was very even, I thought. Delpo was just driving Novak crazy with his incredible play in clutch moments, that was the only difference in the end.

Nole already had a medal and has nothing left to prove, everyone knows what a great player he is. This was more important for Juan, who people seem to have forgotten what an awesome player he is and can be. Not to mention how much this medal means to him.

#43 ·
this was worst tournament with worst surface i ever saw in my entire life.

I am glad it is over.

Better player lost

Nole had more winners, better first serve and better stats but he lost - reason fucked up surface of so called "grass" of Wimbledon courts.

This tournament should be indoors not outdoors because organizers cant keep good surface entire tournament.

Same thing happened in match between Federer - Del Potro - also better player lost.

I like to watch tennis where wins player who can outplay its opponent and have more winners than he.

Tennis is game of winners not game of serving bots.

At least for me.

And this fucked up surface make up game where player who is better serve bot - is winner.

Reactions: rinnegan
#49 ·
this was worst tournament with worst surface i ever saw in my entire life.

I am glad it is over.

Better player lost

Nole had more winners, better first serve and better stats but he lost - reason fucked up surface of so called "grass" of Wimbledon courts.

This tournament should be indoors not outdoors because organizers cant keep good surface entire tournament.
Someone else had the mental fortitude today.

#51 ·
This does not bode well for us open at all. If Novak can't beat him here, he certainly won't do it in New York.

#53 ·
Well done to Delpo on winning an Olympic medal :bigclap:, he deserved it after that heartbreaking loss to Roger in the semis.

Bad luck Nole, it just wasn't his day again (just like against Murray in the semis) :(, hope he can put the disappointment behind him quickly and play a great US Open series. :)

#54 ·
An amazing performance and victory for Delpo! Awesome really! After such a heartbreaking defeat against Roger, you could easily tell how much a win today meant for him. For the people that don't like him, should be tough to not feel at least a bit happy for this feat! Hopefully this will add to his confidence regarding his ability to play here on his least favourite/comfortable surface.

With this win Del Potro overtakes Tipsy for #8 which is huge for seedings seeing as Delpo never loses against lower ranked players.
To never be behind him ever again hopefully :spit: Vamooooos!!

#58 ·
Delpo :worship:

#64 ·
As long as Del Potro keeps going deep in the tournaments it merits respect. Especially after that crazy injury he had a few years back.

But probably at this point he should try to compete for another slam. Nadal is injury prone, Federer is olderer, and the only other threat is Djokovic and Murray. Guys like Potro and Tsonga need to take advantage and get the final results.

Regardless congratulations on the Bronze.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.