Djokovic: "The same Slams as Edberg and Becker? I got shivers..." - Page 12 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-02-2013, 12:13 AM   #166
country flag Saberq

Saberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Djokovic: "The same Slams as Edberg and Becker? I got shivers..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serverer View Post
LOL
Saberq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2013, 12:35 AM   #167
country flag Mr. Oracle

Mr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by uxyzapenje View Post
My opinion - Fed would win average 2 Slams a year, Nadal and Novak 1 each. But that's all could've, would've, should've. Maybe Novak would break out 1st and destroy Fed few times and develop his game in a different way that wouldn't suit Federer. Maybe that would be his main goal - like he changed his style in 2011 in order to win, maybe he would change his style to be more aggressive or whatever in order to stop Fed. Maybe Fed would (wrongly) change his gameplan after getting owned few times and we would never see his true potential. It all looks easy now 'player's A peak > players B peak' he would win everything. There's bunch of stuff that could influence each of them and they would become different players (like a different coach for example). It is what it is, we can never know what would really happen.
Correct. The variables would change. If Novak could go back in time like Marty McFly, everything we know today would be different, including the number of GOAT gloryhunters on MTF. Can't imagine what Nadal and the Falcon would have done to Fed's confidence and mental game. It's easy to play godlike tennis when you really outclass your opponents (refer to some of the pigeon and turkey head to heads), its always the same NID types of matches over and over again. Throw a wrench in that confidence and it's a game changer.

DJOKOCOASTER
Mr. Oracle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:07 AM   #168
country flag retister

retister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
In any case, lets suppose that Santoro is the superior player as the H2H suggests. Why does the superior player have a highest ranking of 17, with only 1 GS QF in his entire career?
Because the ATP tour doesn't consist of playing Safin only. I didn't say he was superior to every player that he ever played, just Safin.
retister is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:14 AM   #169
country flag Whiznot

Whiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
yes - you're right. This was a poor thread and needed someone to revitalize it by attempting to reignite the fascinating "weak/strong era" debate. Good work there.

To win their slams Nadal and Djokovic had to get past the greatest player who ever lived. Federer never faced that problem. Thus the ironic weak era argument.
Whiznot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:19 AM   #170
country flag acionescu

acionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole
"The same Slams as Edberg and Becker? I got shivers..."
So do we, Nole, so do we.....