Mens Tennis Forums banner

2013 Davis Cup Cheering Thread! Final: Czech Republic d. Serbia 3-2.

49K views 1K replies 44 participants last post by  Nole fan 
#1 · (Edited)
:cheerleader: Serbia! :cheerleader:

R1 RESULT: Serbia d Belguim 3-2
RR1: Troicki d. Goffin 4-6, 4-6, 7-6(5), 6-3, 6-1
RR2: Djokovic d. O. Rochus 6-2, 6-2, 6-3
RR3: Zimonjic/Troicki d. Darcis/Bemelmans 6-4, 5-7, 6-4, 6-4
RR4: Goffin d Pashanski 6-4, 2-6, 6-2
RR5: Darcis d Zimonjic 6-2, 6-4

QF RESULT: Serbia d USA 3-1
RR1: Djokovic d Isner 7-6(5),6-2, 7-5
RR2: Querrey d Troicki 7-6(1), 3-6, 4-6, 6-1, 6-4
RR3: Bozoljac/Zimonjic d B. Bryan/M. Bryan 7-6(5), 7-6(1), 5-7, 4-6, 15-13
RR4: Djokovic d Querrey 7-5, 6-7(4), 6-1, 6-0

SF RESULTS: Serbia d Cananda 3-2!
RR1: Djokivic d Pospisil 6-2, 6-0, 6-4
RR2: Raonic d Tipsarevic 5-7, 6-3, 3-6, 6-3, 10-8
RR3: Nestor/Popisil d Bozoljac/Zimonjic 6-7(6), 6-4, 3-6, 7-6(5), 10-8
RR4: Djokovic d Raonic 7-6(1), 6-2, 6-2
RR5: Tipsarevic d. Pospisil 7-6(3),6-2, 7-6(6)

:bounce: Serbia advanced to final vs. Czech Republic! :bounce:

FINAL TIE DETAILS: http://www.daviscup.com/en/draws-results/tie/details.aspx?tieId=100019470

Date: 15 Nov - 17 Nov 2013
Venue: Belgrade Arena, Belgrade, Serbia

TEAM NOMINATIONS:

SERBIA: Novak DJOKOVIC, Dusan LAJOVIC, Ilija BOZOLJAC, Nenad ZIMONJIC

CZECH REPUBLIC: Tomas BERDYCH, Radek STEPANEK, Lucas ROSOL, Jan HAJEK

FINAL RESULTS:
RR1: Djokovic d Stepanek 7-5,6-1, 6-4
RR2: Berdych d Lajovic 6-3,6-4,6-3
RR3: Berdych / Stepanek d Bozoljac / Zimonjic 6-2,6-4, 7-6(4)
RR4: Djokovic d Berdych 6-4, 7-6(5), 6-2
RR5: Stepanek d Lajovic 6-3, 6-1,6-1

Czech Republic wins 3-2. :sad:

:cheerleader: Serbia! :cheerleader: Serbia! :cheerleader: Serbia! :cheerleader:

See less See more
#924 ·
Re: 2013 Davis Cup Cheering Thread! SFs: Serbia d. Canada 3-2! Final vs. Czech Republ

@Perymason I saw your flag in the Arena and it was wonderful.
You have beautiful family.
Thanks for great pics from DC.Hope you will come back in Belgrade for DC Final.:)

#933 ·
Re: 2013 Davis Cup Cheering Thread! SFs: Serbia d. Canada 3-2! Final vs. Czech Republ

This is nice. I don't think I had any idols when I was a child. I guess only my mum. :)

#934 ·

This is nice. I don't think I had any idols when I was a child. I guess only my mum. :)
I grew up mostly without TV and it seemed that there wasn't such a celebrity culture then. Or maybe just not in my family. I don't recall anything about any professional athletes except some baseball players and I didn't care for baseball as a child.

#936 ·

But it's so true. Too much tv, too many video games, too much information, too many distractions, too much tecnology. I would spend my childhood riding a wild imagination, writing novels when i was 9, building huts with my brothers in the woods... Pretending to be boy scouts. :)

#940 ·

Interesting take from Tignor on Novak on tour and Novak on DC, the subtle differences. I wonder why we can't have the same Novak everywhere. :awww:

1. The Best Get Better

The quickest way to see the difference between Davis Cup and the regular tour is to watch how Novak Djokovic plays when he’s out there for his country. Or, I should say, watch the way he acts. In tour matches, Nole is often on edge, berating himself, throwing his hands in the air, looking to his team for help: He needs to let off his nervous energy before he can settle down and show off his best tennis. In Davis Cup, it’s as if Djokovic knows he doesn’t have time for psychological issues. He can’t waste energy letting off steam. He understands that complaining to his coach won’t get him anywhere. He simply has to win; not for himself, but for the thousands of people in the building who are counting on him.

Djokovic won six sets with little trouble this weekend, upping his Davis Cup singles record to 24-7. He has had his bad moments in the competition, but mostly he’s a more streamlined version of himself when he's wearing a Serbia uniform. (Ditto for Rafael Nadal, who won two love sets in his singles match on Friday to improve his career record for Spain to 21-1). This weekend, it wasn’t just Djokovic’s body language that was especially purposeful; even his strokes were more compact and uncluttered. And that had nothing to do with the fact that the Serbian DC captain was sitting next to him on changeovers.

Which makes me wonder what the sport would be like if it were always a team game. We’d likely see less vulnerability and personality from the players, but we might see more of their best, or at least most rational, play. As for Djokovic, his Davis Cup game is a paradox: Playing for others makes him more self-reliant.

#943 · (Edited)

Can't wait for November when they play the czechs :bounce:
Will it be like 2010 heading into 2011 all over again?
I really hope so.
Isn't it exciting?
I'm glad Novak's not depressed after the USO loss and drinking in some bar with Janko (who I think is a baaaaaad influence on him :rolls:)

I hope he can find a way to not get drained emotionally by his charities. I know first hand how hard it is to work with disadvantaged people (especially at-risk kids), and a lot of stuff haunts your mind months and years later because it's impossible to not be emotionally invested. No amount of training can prepare you entirely. I remember a tribal chief tell me once: "get it together, or you will be in la la land," and "you can't save them." A lot of people depend on Novak. Don't know how he does it.

I hope he and his team know what they're doing. But for now, things are looking dobar!! (not doobar) :rolls:

#945 ·
Can't wait for November when they play the czechs :bounce:
Will it be like 2010 heading into 2011 all over again?
I really hope so.
Isn't it exciting?
I'm glad Novak's not depressed after the USO loss and drinking in some bar with Janko (who I think is a baaaaaad influence on him :rolls:)

I hope he can find a way to not get drained emotionally by his charities. I know first hand how hard it is to work with disadvantaged people (especially at-risk kids), and a lot of stuff haunts your mind months and years later because it's impossible to not be emotionally invested. No amount of training can prepare you entirely. I remember a tribal chief tell me once: "get it together, or you will be in la la land," and "you can't save them." A lot of people depend on Novak. Don't know how he does it.

I hope he and his team know what they're doing. But for now, things are looking dobar!! (not doobar) :rolls:
You make a very good point,must feel like the world is on his shoulders:awww:

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

#949 ·

Who's in better form now?
Janko or the Czech lady killer?
Are you excited to watch this match?
Who am I talking to?

#956 · (Edited)

Janko always shows up to DC with his cool looks and awesome BHDTL.

Serbia will rise.
And his attitude.

Notice how he works the crowd like an emperor?

He will spank the heart-breaker for sure :p

#959 ·

Can somebody who is from Serbia tell me, when tickets sale will start? It is less then a month to the final and there are no tickets yet. It's little strange...
Although Time Violation is a UN volunteer :p, you could send him a pm. Physically, he's on Serbian soil.

#962 ·

Physically yes, luckily in spirit I don't have to be ;) Anyway, I can't find any info on the Serbian net, and on the Arena's website the match is not even on schedule. Typical~
Where are you in spirit? This is interesting.

We could do a Dean Martin / Jerry Lewis kind of act and get paid for it :p

#963 ·

Yes, I can't find also anything about it.

Thank you Mr. Oracle & Time Violation.
I hope you get a chance to take your family again and have a great time! Hope you post some more pics if you go !! :)

#967 ·

In HD Noleta? You have to get an 80 inch (203cm) screen like me. Djoker's head is the size of janowicz's in real life. Ana is life size too :bounce:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.