Mens Tennis Forums banner

2013 Davis Cup Cheering Thread! Final: Czech Republic d. Serbia 3-2.

49K views 1K replies 44 participants last post by  Nole fan 
#1 · (Edited)
:cheerleader: Serbia! :cheerleader:

R1 RESULT: Serbia d Belguim 3-2
RR1: Troicki d. Goffin 4-6, 4-6, 7-6(5), 6-3, 6-1
RR2: Djokovic d. O. Rochus 6-2, 6-2, 6-3
RR3: Zimonjic/Troicki d. Darcis/Bemelmans 6-4, 5-7, 6-4, 6-4
RR4: Goffin d Pashanski 6-4, 2-6, 6-2
RR5: Darcis d Zimonjic 6-2, 6-4

QF RESULT: Serbia d USA 3-1
RR1: Djokovic d Isner 7-6(5),6-2, 7-5
RR2: Querrey d Troicki 7-6(1), 3-6, 4-6, 6-1, 6-4
RR3: Bozoljac/Zimonjic d B. Bryan/M. Bryan 7-6(5), 7-6(1), 5-7, 4-6, 15-13
RR4: Djokovic d Querrey 7-5, 6-7(4), 6-1, 6-0

SF RESULTS: Serbia d Cananda 3-2!
RR1: Djokivic d Pospisil 6-2, 6-0, 6-4
RR2: Raonic d Tipsarevic 5-7, 6-3, 3-6, 6-3, 10-8
RR3: Nestor/Popisil d Bozoljac/Zimonjic 6-7(6), 6-4, 3-6, 7-6(5), 10-8
RR4: Djokovic d Raonic 7-6(1), 6-2, 6-2
RR5: Tipsarevic d. Pospisil 7-6(3),6-2, 7-6(6)

:bounce: Serbia advanced to final vs. Czech Republic! :bounce:

FINAL TIE DETAILS: http://www.daviscup.com/en/draws-results/tie/details.aspx?tieId=100019470

Date: 15 Nov - 17 Nov 2013
Venue: Belgrade Arena, Belgrade, Serbia

TEAM NOMINATIONS:

SERBIA: Novak DJOKOVIC, Dusan LAJOVIC, Ilija BOZOLJAC, Nenad ZIMONJIC

CZECH REPUBLIC: Tomas BERDYCH, Radek STEPANEK, Lucas ROSOL, Jan HAJEK

FINAL RESULTS:
RR1: Djokovic d Stepanek 7-5,6-1, 6-4
RR2: Berdych d Lajovic 6-3,6-4,6-3
RR3: Berdych / Stepanek d Bozoljac / Zimonjic 6-2,6-4, 7-6(4)
RR4: Djokovic d Berdych 6-4, 7-6(5), 6-2
RR5: Stepanek d Lajovic 6-3, 6-1,6-1

Czech Republic wins 3-2. :sad:

:cheerleader: Serbia! :cheerleader: Serbia! :cheerleader: Serbia! :cheerleader:

See less See more
#634 · (Edited)
Re: 2013 Davis Cup Cheering Thread! SF vs. Canada in Belgrade! Day 1 Result: 1-1!

Ok guys, I could not see either match :bigcry:. What were the court conditions like? I heard that it played fast today and the balls bounced high (like wahhh? :scratch:)

I thought the plan was to sloooooow things down so poor Janko could have a chance to break.

We're fortunate to have a few of you guys who are real tennis fanatics. I'm glad you're able to watch a lot of matches! :)

So even though it seems to get quiet here, your updates are appreciated! :)

#635 ·
Re: 2013 Davis Cup Cheering Thread! SF vs. Canada in Belgrade! Day 1 Result: 1-1!

The court is not slow like molasses and the bounce is high too, imo. In a way, it helps Raonic who is taller and not moving too fast and had a little bit extra time to reach the ball.

#638 ·
Re: 2013 Davis Cup Cheering Thread! SF vs. Canada in Belgrade! Day 2: Canada leads 2-

It will be very interesting tomorrow :tape:

The only upside for Serbia is Pospisil played yesterday and a long doubles today. I have faith in Nole winning his single. It will be up to Janko.

#640 ·
Re: 2013 Davis Cup Cheering Thread! SF vs. Canada in Belgrade! Day 2: Canada leads 2-

No way Popsil will beat Tipsarevic. I don't like Tipsy but he's still a better player and Milos only won in the 5th set.

Pretty sure Nole will defeat Milos. Milos doesn't have good movement.

I am happy that Canada is playing decently though.

#641 ·

Poor Nole, as usual having to fight for his country on his own.

#642 · (Edited)

There was a somewhat amusing report in the Canadian media about the Raonic/Tipsy match. They kept saying how never before has an indoor clay court been watered mid match. They were clearly trying to slow down Milos' serve, but it had little affect. Looking at Milos in his chair, it seemed he could care less. Davis cup matches are so funny, and you get to see these kinds of trash antics all the time by the host nation/crowd :rolls:

#643 ·

There was a somewhat amusing report in the Canadian media about the Raonic/Tipsy match. They kept saying how never before has an indoor clay court been watered mid match. They were clearly trying to slow down Milos' serve, but it had little affect. Looking at Milos in his chair, it seemed he could care less. Davis cup matches are so funny, and you get to see these kinds of trash antics all the time by the host nation/crowd :rolls:
And it's nothing compared to the American zone and DC in South American countries. Mirrors being shined in the eyes, coins tossed -- sometimes chairs. :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.