Mens Tennis Forums banner

2013 Davis Cup Cheering Thread! Final: Czech Republic d. Serbia 3-2.

49K views 1K replies 44 participants last post by  Nole fan 
#1 · (Edited)
:cheerleader: Serbia! :cheerleader:

R1 RESULT: Serbia d Belguim 3-2
RR1: Troicki d. Goffin 4-6, 4-6, 7-6(5), 6-3, 6-1
RR2: Djokovic d. O. Rochus 6-2, 6-2, 6-3
RR3: Zimonjic/Troicki d. Darcis/Bemelmans 6-4, 5-7, 6-4, 6-4
RR4: Goffin d Pashanski 6-4, 2-6, 6-2
RR5: Darcis d Zimonjic 6-2, 6-4

QF RESULT: Serbia d USA 3-1
RR1: Djokovic d Isner 7-6(5),6-2, 7-5
RR2: Querrey d Troicki 7-6(1), 3-6, 4-6, 6-1, 6-4
RR3: Bozoljac/Zimonjic d B. Bryan/M. Bryan 7-6(5), 7-6(1), 5-7, 4-6, 15-13
RR4: Djokovic d Querrey 7-5, 6-7(4), 6-1, 6-0

SF RESULTS: Serbia d Cananda 3-2!
RR1: Djokivic d Pospisil 6-2, 6-0, 6-4
RR2: Raonic d Tipsarevic 5-7, 6-3, 3-6, 6-3, 10-8
RR3: Nestor/Popisil d Bozoljac/Zimonjic 6-7(6), 6-4, 3-6, 7-6(5), 10-8
RR4: Djokovic d Raonic 7-6(1), 6-2, 6-2
RR5: Tipsarevic d. Pospisil 7-6(3),6-2, 7-6(6)

:bounce: Serbia advanced to final vs. Czech Republic! :bounce:

FINAL TIE DETAILS: http://www.daviscup.com/en/draws-results/tie/details.aspx?tieId=100019470

Date: 15 Nov - 17 Nov 2013
Venue: Belgrade Arena, Belgrade, Serbia

TEAM NOMINATIONS:

SERBIA: Novak DJOKOVIC, Dusan LAJOVIC, Ilija BOZOLJAC, Nenad ZIMONJIC

CZECH REPUBLIC: Tomas BERDYCH, Radek STEPANEK, Lucas ROSOL, Jan HAJEK

FINAL RESULTS:
RR1: Djokovic d Stepanek 7-5,6-1, 6-4
RR2: Berdych d Lajovic 6-3,6-4,6-3
RR3: Berdych / Stepanek d Bozoljac / Zimonjic 6-2,6-4, 7-6(4)
RR4: Djokovic d Berdych 6-4, 7-6(5), 6-2
RR5: Stepanek d Lajovic 6-3, 6-1,6-1

Czech Republic wins 3-2. :sad:

:cheerleader: Serbia! :cheerleader: Serbia! :cheerleader: Serbia! :cheerleader:

See less See more
#552 ·
Re: 2013 Davis Cup Cheering Thread! QF Result: Serbia d. USA 3-1! SF vs. Canada!

Also, quite a few times I have wondered if Nole could have a mild form of Hipermobility Syndrome. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypermobility#Hypermobility_syndrome) From watching him play stretch and his body position etc, I think this could be the case. I have this syndrome too. :p And if this is the case, it's easier and more probable for him to land on his foot like that and to make other minor luxations or sub-luxations. However, these should be easier and quicker to heal.

:unsure:

#553 ·
Re: 2013 Davis Cup Cheering Thread! QF Result: Serbia d. USA 3-1! SF vs. Canada!

This part sounds good I guess:

"Отечен је и то, свакако, није добар знак... Учинићу све што могу да се опоравим до тог турнира. Колико је то реално, не могу да кажем", рекао је Ђоковић и додао да наступ на Ролан Гаросу није доведен у питање.

"Има још до Ролан Гароса... Избегао сам најтежи степен изврнућа зглоба. Отекао је, није оштећен, али морам да проверим колико је озбиљно, након чега ћу да проценим да ли могу да играм у Монте Карлу, који би био мој први турнир на шљаци", рекао је он.
"It is swollen and that's not a good sign... I will do all I can to recover until the tournament (MC). I cannot say how much it's realistic" he said and added that RG is not in question.

"i have enough time till RG... The most serious degree of sprain is avoided. It is swollen, not damaged, but I have to ascertain how serious it is, after which I'll be able to say whether or not I'm playing MC, which would be the first clay tournament".

#554 ·

Would he cry over no playing MC? :scratch: The swollen part is more than normal... he can't simply twist his ankle like that, then keep playing for over an hour and not expect the ankle to get swollen. :lol: :wavey:

If it's not damaged and theonly thing that is at skake is MC, then I would dare say we don't have much to worry about?

But again, would he cry over that? Maybe the crying part isn't true? :confused:

#555 ·

But again, would he cry over that?
He never win this tournament, so maybe it is very important to him to play in MC?
Also, maybe at the time that he cry, they didn't know yet if the injury is VERY serious or not. So at that time maybe he didn't know if he will skip only MC or he will be out for 3-4-5-6 months?

Maybe the crying part isn't true? :confused:
Well, I watch the video and he IS crying. Sad video :(

#560 ·

I think he looks at all the points he has to lose during the clay court season, and feels the pressure, the anxiety, and becomes overwhelmed as we all do at times when we view all of our responsibilities in aggregate rather than taking things one at a time.

Also this business of rehabbing after an injury is depressing. It's not like it becomes better after doing it many times. Sometimes it's hard to maintain optimism although I think Djokovic is pretty good at being optimistic and positive. Everyone has their low times.

#571 ·

I'm sure Nole cried at the time of that presser because he wasn't sure of the seriousness of the injury; the thought of not being able to play Roland Garros must have appalled him.

But now that he knows that no structural damage was done, I'm sure he'll make the best decision and will not put pressure on the foot too soon: Roland Garros is the goal and he'll do whatever he has to do to peak there.

I'm so glad Nole'll be fine soon. :D

#574 ·

From Davis Cup site:

"The 2013 Davis Cup by BNP Paribas World Group semifinals will be played in Belgrade and Prague as both Serbia and Czech Republic have chosen to play in their capital city.

The Serbians will return to the scene of their greatest Davis Cup triumph when they take on Canada in Belgrade, but this time they will be competing at the Kombank Arena, which is the new name of the stadium formerly known as the Belgrade Arena.

Serbia has chosen an indoor clay court in an attempt to nullify the powerful game of Canadian No. 1 Milos Raonic and they will be hoping the fervent home support will be in full voice to help lift them into a first Davis Cup Final since the 2010 triumph.

Czech Republic has also opted to return to successful suroundings for its semifinal against Argentina, having chosen the O2 Arena in Prague, where the Czechs defeated Spain in the 100th Davis Cup Final last year.

The Argentines can expect a quick indoor hard court for their visit to the Czech capital and the home crowd will no doubt be in high spirits to buoy their team in a quest for a successul title defence."

I am very surprise of what Serbia choose... Clay court??? As far as I know all the serbian players are better on hard court. It is really very strange to me.

#576 ·

I am very surprise of what Serbia choose... Clay court??? As far as I know all the serbian players are better on hard court. It is really very strange to me.
Not sure what you know about Team Canada. Other than Raonic, Pospisil, Dancevic and Levine are not even decent on clay. Pospisil did not play on clay so far this year. Dancevic and Levine have a combination of 1-4 record on clay at challengers so far.

If Serbia put on a low bouncing clay court, it will greatly dampened Raonic's serve. So keep watering. :lol:

#575 ·

Clay may not be the best surface for the Serbs. But they have to consider in relative terms which surface would give them a bigger edge over the opponents. The Serbs are still very good on clay, Canadians are less so. Otherwise I bet the boys would have loved to keep away from clay in the middle of HC season. :p

Hope you have a great time! Idemo! :)

#578 ·

Serbia announces team to play Canada in Davis Cup semifinals:

1. Novak Djokovic - single ranking 1
2. Janko Tipsarevic - single ranking 21
3. Dusan Lajovic - single ranking 144 / double ranking 990
4. Nenad Zimonjic - single ranking 1343 / double ranking 11

Date: 13 Sep - 15 Sep 20

Venue: Belgrade Arena, Belgrade, Serbia

Start times:
Day 1: 1600 hrs (1400 hrs GMT)
Day 2: 1600 hrs (1400 hrs GMT)
Day 3: 1400 hrs (1200 hrs GMT)

Surface: Clay (Red Clay), Indoor

Ball: Dunlop Fort Clay Court

#579 ·

Interesting choice, why not Ilija for doubles? It's not like Lajovic is going to play a singles match? Is he injured? He hasn't been active since the last week of July. :unsure: Viktor will be missed, fortunately Janko looks to be slowly getting back on track though.

#582 ·

"We were lucky for the draw to be at home so we were able to pick the surface - slow clay - which suits our team more than theirs – and it means we will have a large crowd behind us." - Janko Tipsarevic

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.