Mens Tennis Forums banner

Au revoir et Bercy...

38K views 201 replies 52 participants last post by  maratsmaiden 
#1 ·
He is not on the entry list but he will most likely get a WC (or else there will be blood! :armed: )

http://www.fft.fr/bnpparibasmasters/2009_en/

What better place could he have chosen to say goodbye?
Paris, where it all started 11 1/2 years ago...
Paris, where he reached his first big final...
Paris, where he won 3 times...
Paris, where he won Russia's first Davis Cup...

It won't be the same without him :awww:

#12 ·
Looks like this shouldn't be a problem:

From Kolya's Interview after his match with Marat in Moscow:
- Nicholas, whether there has been important to you, that in Moscow you might spend his last match with Marat Safin?
— I do not know, maybe we'll meet again in Paris Bercy. He is going to have to play in St. Petersburg and Paris, under a contract with Adidas he must play at Bercy
Full presser here: http://translate.google.ru/translat...article-41922.html&sl=ru&tl=en&hl=ru&ie=UTF-8

#9 ·
omg the last thread by a woman who stood by his side long enough:) anyway is sad not only because we are saying goodbye to marat but we are also saying goodbye to this partenership I mean we cried we laughed together but now is almost over. and we will start with the promises that we will check around here once in a while....but this will be an empty place too not only the tennis courts without marat. so I want to say now I'm and I will be forever a safinholic and I'm proud to be part of this group of special people(cause u need to be special to love someone like Marat). so:hug:s to all and hopefully we will enjoy some more victories now in the end:)!!

This post has been deleted
#24 ·
LMAO. Gawd, don't mention the bunnies BEFORE the tournie starts. It'll distract him from his tactics ... I expect him to give this his all. It's his last professional appearance ... awwww. Sniff. :worship: I'll buy him endless blondes (with furry slippers, if that's his preference ... still don't get it ...) after a good showing, and some lovely net play. (He was doing rather well in his execution of some volleying in St Petersburg, I WAS impressed. There was a particularly exquisite backhand volley ...).

MY fairy godmother, Aunty Denise, is going to Bercy. I have asked for photos of her with my Big Pixie. That will make me VERY, VERY happy.

Make sure it happens, Big Yin. Treat her well. She deserves it ... :yeah:

FG

#42 ·
Ok my Big Pixie, as your Fairy Godmother I DEMAND to see you play Murray before you retire. I would jump a flight to Paris to see it as well ...

Del Pony is crap at the net by the way (for the moment). He ballsed his volleys up every time when he played Hewitt at Wimbles. Okay, I know it aint the green stuff, but ... it's a possible opening.

FG

#43 ·
I've seen Marat play Murray a few times, couple of times at Kooyong and once at Cincy, Marat won 6-1 in the third or something, Murray wasn't at his best but Marat played that match on one leg, with the knee injury, it was painful to watch.

#45 ·
After USO Delpo has been proned to injuries and hasn't done anything too spectacular. we have to see who the qualifier will be. plus the draw never really mattered in Marat's case :lol: Good luck boy! give it all you got!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.