Mens Tennis Forums banner

2010 Photo Thread: Because Love, Beauty and Bespoke Tailoring will save the world!!

493K views 1K replies 93 participants last post by  myrt 
#1 · (Edited)
In honour of Marat's setting sail for horizons new, I hereby launch this thread!

11 June 2009, Naberezhnye Chelny, Tatarstan.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
The rains fall soft upon your fields
And, until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

Traditional Gaelic blessing

See less See more
This post has been deleted
#453 · (Edited)
I will never get tired of seeing Marat in a suit! :inlove: You are the best Monkey. :hug:
:hug: Nor me, ad! What about a ziploc bin bag with inflatable love handles? :hearts:

This is Marat's ProSport cover from Dec. 2006, as I'm sure everyone knows, but I've only ever seen it
as a magazine cover. From here, click on "people", Marat is no. 7.

#454 ·
:bowdown: So last week the lovely peeps at Forward Media Group finally uploaded the rest of the Hello! photoshoot.

Having slogged my way through 300 hot pics of Marat (what a trooper, eh?), I've cherry-picked some of
the best ones to spare you all a similar ordeal!

Moscow, 04 December 2009. Photographer: Love Shematova.

#474 ·
^ :haha:
That girl looks like she's about a centimeter away from a major wardrobe malfunction. It sure explains the look on Marat's face. :lol:

I like the look on the kids faces in the 3rd pic in post #490 -- they look totally star-struck, so cute.

Thanks for finding the pics, monkeytattoo. :wavey:

#475 ·
^ :haha: That girl looks like she's about a centimeter away from a major wardrobe malfunction. It sure explains the look on Marat's face. :lol:
:spit: :haha: Honestly. :rolleyes: It's more like a Vegas floor show, than good, clean family fun. :tape:

I like the look on the kids faces in the 3rd pic in post #490 -- they look totally star-struck, so cute.
So completely innnocent :awww:, even Yevgeny! Actually, come to think of it, everyone's gaze is riveted on Marat in this pic. :inlove:

#476 ·
Has anyone in Moscow bought this yet? http://www.deiz.ru/ Apparently it was issued last month.

Convenient list of vendor locations! http://www.deiz.ru/circulation.html

More publication info here and here.

Maybe other pics will eventually be uploaded onto the site, once this issue is no longer current. :shrug: Btw Yuri Beloyvan was also interviewed for the magazine in 2008, transcript on his website / translation, and Marat gets a brief mention:

Friendship

My friends are few, because with a transition to a new level of material well-being, it's not possible to maintain a relationship. When you earn $300 a month and your classmates have the same income - it's easy to make friends. And when you start to make five thousand ...

Marat Safin, despite the great difference in age (he's 28, I'm 42) - one of my few friends. The tennis player Volkov introduced us eight years ago. Marat is a frequent guest at the tavern. Once we were together in Tibet, and when he was leaving, he said: "When I get home, I'll come and eat your borsch."

#484 ·
#477 ·
Thanks for posting.

Interesting comment from Yuri Beloyvan about friendship: «with a transition to a new level of material well-being, it's not possible to maintain a relationship»

Some people who get rich prefer to keep their old friends because at least they know that friendship is real, it started before the money.

I don't know if that is what he meant, I'm just comenting...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.