Mens Tennis Forums banner

Andyland Chat Thread Part 2 (they made me.)

87K views 565 replies 37 participants last post by  Fumus 
#1 ·
The owners of the board have determined that all threads exceeding 5000 posts are bad for the servers or some :bs: like that. So instead of waiting for them to close our thread and start a new one, I'm doing it preemptively. The old one is here: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=7175

I know we don't really use the chat thread much anymore, but I figured it'd be better to start a new one now instead of the admins getting involved here :p

Title suggestions more than welcome :p

#314 ·
Bad mary bad. I supposed you iced it and wrapped it and elevated and took 3 Motrin every 8 hours right after you sprained it? :p Honestly girl, glad it isn't broken :hug: but don't you know there is a doctor in the house :p
Thanks for the Gonzo glare btw, pretty funny.

#315 ·
I didn't wrap it, but I did keep it elevated & iced. They wrapped it in the ER this morning & gave me a boot. I have crutches at home from when my sister had knee surgery, so I've been using them to get around the house. But no, I've been taking a lot more than 3 motrin every 8 hours since I sprained it. :lol: I think my stomach is deteriorating as I type this because of all the pills I've taken... :lol:

#316 ·
bad mary bad :lol:
JK :hug:
Guess it's a good thing you waited to after the tennis to sprain it;)
Gonzo really would have glared watching you limp getting to your seat while he tried to play. Nice avatar. Tennis players thighs huh?

#317 ·
:haha: I would be walking past him on crutches and I'd probably fall over when he looked at me.

Hahahaha I have to say it's quite enjoyable, no? These Spaniards are very good to us with their photoshoots! :devil:

#318 ·
OT: I plan on getting another dog once I start my second job in September. (I'll be working one shift over the weekends at the animal emergency service that runs while regular vets are closed.) And I am debating between naming it "Mardy," which has always been my next choice for my next dog, or "Reezy" :haha:. I think I'll go with Mardy unless it's a complete moron, then I'll go with Reezy. But I already have James who is a headcase like his namesake so I'm sure if I can handle 2 of them!

In other news, I can kind of walk today! It still hurts, but I'm down to using one crutch instead of both!!! I'm keeping one downstairs and one upstairs! Yay! Hopefully it keeps improving since I go back to work on Monday. :scared: Vet tech that cannot walk. Should be interesting :lol:.

#319 ·
Well you will know what to call the dog as soon as you get a good look at it :p Growing up I had a poodle ( the in between size kind) and his name was Beaugeste; that just says it all doesn't it? IMDB the movie and you'll get the idea.

And of course when I married Steve he came complete with a cat named Pyewachet. I thought what a cool name but when I tried to find out where it came from ( hubby wouldn't tell for a bit) all I could find was the name of an 18th century clipper ship. :scratch: IMDB the movie Bell, Book and Candle with Kim Novak and James Stewart :hearts: She was a witch and her cat's name ( or familiar from whom she got her powers) was you got it! He had decided when he went to the pound to choose a "kitten" and walked out with a cat that she had put a spell on him and made him change his mind :lol: He told me that when her cage was opened she literally threw herself into his arms. ;) Of course the humorous one that I am reminded him that he had to take her since 1. he is too nice to have had to put her back and 2. It isn't everyday a female throws herself at him :p

BTW I get the POX reference but TOT? What does that mean in reference to Robredo?

#323 ·
See I always have names before I get the pets. When I got James, I had all his nametags and everything already made. I knew my next dog would be James Blake (insert my last name), I just had to find the dog. I've always known the one after James would be Mardy. And then someone told me I should've named James "Lochte" cuz he's such an idiot. :lol: I tried to explain to the person that that makes his name being James even more fitting, but they don't watch tennis so they didn't get it. :lol:

I actually couldn't remember why we called him Tot. We always have and I could not remember so I asked Jess (Troikitard) cuz I knew she was part of the naming process. It was this thing on his first official website to watch the videos, the link said "clubtot" :lol: so we just started calling him "tot". I get so confused to this day when I have to type or say his real name. I mean, during his matches Crystal & I were cheering "TOT". :lol: If he heard us I'm sure he had no idea we were cheering for him. :lol:

In foot news, it is bruising now. Random. I would've thought if it was going to bruise it would have happened when I first hurt it. I think the swelling's going down. My mom says it is. I can't tell tbh. I go back to work tomorrow and already told the medical director & hospital manager that I'm gonna have to just be a receptionist the next few days cuz there is no way I can do my normal work with the animals. We'll see... :scared:

#322 ·
awwwwww sue :hug: happy anniversary :)

#324 ·
Hope you did ok at work Mary. Funny that about picking animal names in my household; just the opposite with my kids of course. Can you imagine the names we would have come up with had we waited to look at them first :scared: and figured them out? Would have been called baby for weeks.

#325 ·
It was okay. Some old lady left her cane there like 2 weeks ago, so I was using that. :lol: But I'm just doing receptionist work while I can't walk around. I guess being one-legged is not a good quality when restraining animals. :p

I was supposed to work a 12 hour day on Wednesday, but luckily before I even got to work today they figured it all out so I won't have to. I'm very sore right now after only 7 hours today, so I couldn't imagine 12 hours! :eek: Friday will be my first full day (10 hours), so hopefully I'll feel a lot better by then. :)

I'm sorry about your anniversary & your hubby not being there, but super congrats on 20 years! :aparty:

#327 ·
:lol: nice

dude did you guys hear phelps's latest fuckup? :eek:

#328 ·
well, ive been posting during matches mostly and i started a couple of days ago, but just wanted to say an official HI to everybody!!!!!! :D i dunno why i havent posted so far...maybe i was just lazy...:rolleyes:

and since deb asked about phelps...WHAT'S UP WITH HIM???? if i had his talent and physical abilities i would mind my own business...grrrrrr...*moments when i'm proud of andy :worship:*

Anca

#329 ·
I take it from a quick google search you're talking about the car crash he was in! ;) the more I hear about Phelps, the more I think he's an idiot. He's already had a DUI and now he speeds and runs a red light?! :eek:

Hi Anca, don't think I've spoken to you before (if I have I apologise, I've had a busy few weeks and my brain has turned to mush! ;) )! :wavey: My name is Jo. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.