Mens Tennis Forums banner

Andyland Chat Thread Part 2 (they made me.)

87K views 565 replies 37 participants last post by  Fumus 
#1 ·
The owners of the board have determined that all threads exceeding 5000 posts are bad for the servers or some :bs: like that. So instead of waiting for them to close our thread and start a new one, I'm doing it preemptively. The old one is here: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=7175

I know we don't really use the chat thread much anymore, but I figured it'd be better to start a new one now instead of the admins getting involved here :p

Title suggestions more than welcome :p

#515 ·
I care and that sounds fine Deb:yeah:

Ok Fee- well when the economy started tanking and the real estate market finally took a hit in Seattle ie prices decreased by about 40% - that was too good a number to pass up. So we bought a home in the town I always loved ( Hubby's sister lived there in her early married days) and voila it was a done deal. Prices in Seattle are actually starting to rise again so I am so glad we did this! I don't enjoy the added expense but Nate will most likely live there for his last 3 years of college and ?grad school so it is worth it. He is trying to get a job for the summer as I think he wants to establish residency there. That will be nice for the college tuition ;) Good boy:p

I actually tried once again looking for a job there. Unfortunately where I looked was not interested in hiring anyone with experience but actually wanted someone right out of training. One they are cheaper and two they will see all the cases the others no longer want to do so not for me. Not sure what I will do once Sam graduates high school but hey I have 3.5 years to figure that out.

#516 ·
Thank you Sue :D

Sounds like you got a great deal on the house, that's awesome. Whenever I hear/see Kirkland all i can think of is Costco :rolls:

#518 ·
Thanks Fee for the nice words. :)

Deb...glad to hear about the new job...I think! lol I'm good with keeping everything in the tourney thread. I'm going to try to keep up with tennis a bit more this year. We'll see. :)

Sue...I'll be in Kirkland next weekend. :)

#520 ·
Yes amber it's most def good - thanks :D
OMG. HOW THE HELL ARE YOU?

#532 ·
That's great :D Glad to hear it :D

I'm OK. I was in a really awful job for 3 years and am about 3 months into a new one and it has been an adjustment in a lot of ways. But making progress and i'm dedicated to having a good year this year :)

#527 ·
Rabid- hmmmm not sure. Some nice folks some not so nice- the usual :p

Life is really great! Eldest ( read above) is in college, youngest high school and it amazes me how grown up they are and how old I am :lol: Work is good. I totally can relate to the burn out process. But I still have a nice crew and a new partner who is lovely so ...............Hubs is teaching, writing ( has a new gig at Ellery Queen Mystery Mag) and judging so he is super happy. His long standing baking love has blossomed as well. The smell of home made bread weekly is a good thing.

What is up with you?

#528 ·
Wow, my how the time flies. Glad to hear life is great for you.

Life is pretty good on my end. Been in Portland almost 3 years now. I work as an assistant for an e-bay reseller. Not a bad gig. I started getting involved in competitive pool when I got up here and now I play a whole lot. Leagues and tournaments and all.

#529 ·
Somehow I would never have pictured you playing competitive pool. Portland Fats huh? :p I understand that Portland is a lovely city- glad all is well there for you.

#530 ·
Well, I have always loved playing pool and have always been pretty natural at it. I was playing pool at a bar one night and someone asked me if I'd join his pool team. I figured what the heck, why not. And now here I am rubbing noses with professional players. Took third in a big tournament this Sunday. Have an even bigger tournament in 2 weeks. Last time I played it I finished in the top 16. Top 8 would be great this time around.

#535 ·
I'm in Tacoma now. Moved mid September and got married end of October. :)

#538 ·
Oh Amber- good luck with the snow :tape: Just received a pic from eldest with the view outside his dorm room. Overall a slushy mess of snow and rain of 2-4 inches. That means the city will be at a standstill;) Fortunately no school tomorrow there.

#539 ·
I went to Superset Tennis in Portland in 2003. I was there about 36 hours but I still liked what I saw of the city. :)

Sue, perfect timing in your real estate transaction. I also think of Costco whenever someone says Kirkland, WA, I just didn't want to admit it!

Seems everyone is doing fairly well around here, glad to hear that. :)

#540 ·
What a crappy AO 2012 for the American boys.

Hard to think about going to a tournament these days for me Fee, when for one I hate the heat, and two I can watch a lot on the tennis channel. Maybe not some of the lesser known players or those I tend to follow but hey it is still tennis. Only thing I would miss is meeting you all. :(

#543 ·
Hi Sue! :smooch:

#545 ·
Oh you know, same old same old. About to turn 30:eek: :rolls:

How are you? and the family?

#546 ·
30??? OMG Horrors! :p Man I would love to be 30 again; best time of my life:lol:

All are well thanks. The boys look and act like adults now much to my dismay because they wrongly think they can do and make decisions without asking;) Drives me crazy-especially the older one. Hubs seems to think that since he is 19 we can not make him see the errors of his ways although I feel otherwise. That puts a ***** in our relationship as well. Funny but my mom telling me that she and my dad only argued when it had to do with their kids is coming home to rest. The good news is that even when the kids make decisions I don't agree with, at least they are not rash. Nate has the ability to plan and think things out but still goes ahead and does it.

Case in point- he bought an old motorcycle even though Steve and I said no no no until he was out of school and working. He took his own money (yes it was cheap) but this was after he took a motorcycle safety course, got a license and after bought all the right safety equipment. I am still mad:p

What's up with you? Nice pic on FB btw :yeah: Still enjoying california? Work is still the same old huh? Just wait :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.