Mens Tennis Forums banner

Rafa Chat Thread - Hot & Cold - Vol. 81

249K views 4K replies 75 participants last post by  Commander Data 
#1 · (Edited)
Need to think of a good title yet. Any suggestions?

#1,316 · (Edited)
Re: Rafa Chat Thread Quiet - Vol. 81

Correction, miss Suck-up-a-lot, Holland's football used to be fun.

anti-football

:D
LOL
If my senile memory serves right the Red Devils are also going to the World Cup? :unsure:
Btw yeah Cruyff was more my age. ;) Don't watch football these days other than casually on TV sometimes.

Donatella Versace:
(warning: clicking on the following link may trigger nightmares)

CLICK (or is it Janice from The Muppets?)
OK that DID give me nightmares. :help:

#1,319 ·

LOL is everyone watching the Eurovision semis? :eek:

The Federers have twin boys!!!! Leo and Lenny! *thud*
Tennis' future is secured.
:lol:
Leo such a lovely name, even if by the zodiac sign me and Roger are Leos and not these twin boys.
JM's old Leo! :awww:

#1,325 ·

The Federers have twin boys!!!! Leo and Lenny! *thud*
Tennis' future is secured.
:lol:
Twin girls and now twin boys :eek: I'm really happy for Federer :)

Dang, Estonia, Latvia and Belgium didn't make it to the Eurovision final. :(
I loved loved the Latvian song, Cake to Bake! To Bake a Cake! So catchy, it was my fave from this semis!
Haven't heard the song but it doesn't surprise me that we didn't get through, I don't even remember the last time we got through.

edit: How odd and slightly disturbing, Nike comes out underlined and with a link which I didn't do.
Odd indeed :unsure:

#1,321 · (Edited)

Belgium's song didn't deserve to get through IMO. It sounded alright in a small studio with a less nervous singer back home but put that same singer on a big stage amongst a lot of circus acts and add nerves to the mix (he sang off key quite a few times, sheer nerves because he did not have that problem back home) and it's easy to see why we didn't reach the final.

There was an article on the main WC football sponsors in my newspaper: Nike vs Adidas. Nike sponsors 10 countries, Adidas 9. Nike is clearly more popular worldwide. Nike dropped Belgium during that 12-year absense from the main football stage so now, our team is sponsored by a Swiss sports clothing company. :)

edit: How odd and slightly disturbing, Nike comes out underlined and with a link which I didn't do.

#1,323 · (Edited)

Of course it's advertising but it's interesting that only Nike gets the link.

---

I know it's childish but I always get upset when I see twins due to me not having my own twin sister around any more. I know that I have to be very happy for the Federers but I can't. It's stupid and I need to get over that but I'm not there yet. Watching twins just reminds me too much of what I'm missing. How utterly daft is that? :eek:

---

Eurosong: I agree, it was far from an outstanding semi-final. What was with the gimmicks, though? A giant seesaw, a big hamster wheel,...:stupid: (it's a way to help disguise how crap the songs are, I suppose)

#1,326 ·

I know it's childish but I always get upset when I see twins due to me not having my own twin sister around any more. I know that I have to be very happy for the Federers but I can't. It's stupid and I need to get over that but I'm not there yet. Watching twins just reminds me too much of what I'm missing. How utterly daft is that? :eek:
It's not daft or childish, it's called being a human being. You shouldnt be embarrassed, there are pains we never get over. Even if the actual wound is healed, the scar that leaves behinds doesn't let us get over completely.
It's such a cynical world that we're living in now! I read often on opera blogs smartasses opera lovers that say that Werther or Don Carlo should just "get over it" Well, you have Don Giovanni too, no?

#1,328 · (Edited)

The Latvian cake singer was a German with quite a strong lisp.

It was not exactly a good song but what I can remember from yesterday's final was Iceland's teletubbies and Latvia's cake song. The rest was mostly bland.

Edit: or was the German singing for another country? I do remember a German singer with a lisp. It's one big blur today.

#1,329 ·

The Latvian cake singer was a German with quite a strong lisp.

It was not exactly a good song but what I can remember from yesterday's final was Iceland's teletubbies and Latvia's cake song. The rest was mostly bland.
Exactly, it just stayed in my head, the cake baking. :lol:
He is from Germany indeed.

I cannot goodrep you but here's a :hug:

#1,333 ·

Apparently that's God's powers sperm and Mirka is a hero for carrying and delivering twins. Now, if Fed was, and I quote, "carrying, nurturing and giving birth to those babies" I'd understand the excitement but doing what any 60 y.o. crazy and rich enough to have fertility treatment woman can do....? :eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.