Mens Tennis Forums banner

Rafa Chat Thread - Hot & Cold - Vol. 81

249K views 4K replies 75 participants last post by  Commander Data 
#1 · (Edited)
Need to think of a good title yet. Any suggestions?

#2 · (Edited)
Re: Rafa Chat Thread - Vol. 81

Title suggestions? Er...I'm crap at this sort of thing

Rafa Chat Thread - Vol. 81 - Fingerwagging, Aussie Style
Rafa Chat Thread - Vol. 81 - The Heat Is On
Rafa Chat Thread - Vol. 81 - Moonballing our way to a double
Rafa Chat Thread - Vol. 81 - Ice, Ice, Baby

Edit...okay, own up: who stole my pouting face picture in Vol. 80.

#315 ·
Re: Ice Ice Baby Rafa Chat Thread - Vol. 81

It wouldn't be Rafa Chat if starting a new thread wasn't a bit of a kerfuffle, scoobs.
:lol:

Must be why I like you then.

For example my kid just came from his room to ask me if I'm OK but I was just watching Vika on replay

He was concerned hearing crying and moaning....:awww:

:bigcry: :bigcry: "But, mom, you don't understand, they gave him some pills but he was having so much pain...." :bigcry: :bigcry:

He's worse than me, the future is secured :lol:

My admiration for Rafa knows no boundary, I'm battling a lumbar condition since September which practically made me half crippled and suck out all the joy of life from me and he is going on in a Slam final with a broken back :worship:
That's cute. I hope your back is feeling better.

I was at the gym at noon, and the coach there (well known "figure" in Lausanne) said he quite knows Wawrinka and he's not exactly the most charming person it seems. He said he goes shop in supermarkets here and when kids ask for autographs he just walks past and ignore them completely. Also he said one time he saw him in a bar in town, and some guy (drunkie) started arguing with him and instead of ignoring him/leaving he replied angrily "you know who you are talking to, you bastard?" :eek: always take those comments with a pinch of salt but seeing how he threw that tantrum on twitter for an internet connection being down for an hour I wouldn't be too surprised... :eek:
So many "stars," who don't deserve to be like this, are. I've seen it in minor league hockey players. It makes me totally not a fan.

Horrible weather also in the US. So JM, don't be mean to Star, she might be in trouble, snow predicted even in the southern regions almost down to Florida. :help:
In much of Canada too. We've received more than twice the usual amount of snow for the month of January. I'm used to a bit of snow, having it melt completely, and then getting more. Not this winter! I'm sick of shovelling my driveway!

Someone still finds this chat thread interesting :eek: :eek: Who would have thought :lol: And I'm not being sarcastic :secret:
:lol: I like that there's such a variety of topics.

More snow storm tomorrow :rolleyes:

My county in the alert stage of emergency

Schools closed

Joy.

Walking to the office tomorrow it will be ...... interesting :unsure:
Cool picture. Many schools in my region have closed but not those in my city/county. It's unusually cold and snowy though. We're in that "polar vortex," as they're calling it. At least we know what to do with snow, but some southern US states aren't used to cold and snow at all!

#10 ·

:hug:
Oh yeah, the Petra upset, and Laura... not good results but what can you do. I was also upset about the gorgeous Goerges losing but she's just coming back, I like her a lot too.

#17 ·

Now, if I had been invited to open the new thread, I may have considered returning - return of the king, so to speak - but since history took another turn, it can never be.

Edit: Btw, Edberg wins this - just sayin..

#19 ·

Now, if I had been invited to open the new thread, I may have considered returning - return of the king, so to speak - but since history took another turn, it can never be.

Edit: Btw, Edberg wins this - just sayin..
Agreed about Edberg but otherwise I don't have time for compliments, just tell how you've been doing, the students been behaving OK? :p :hug:

And Nole might still take the AO so I try not to get too invested. ;)
Becker's fat face ... makes me feel like A. about Djoker though. :tape: *puke*

Btw I'm watching the European Figure Skating Championships instead. :D

#22 ·

Where do we livescore?
No-one here to livescore much lately. :eek: You can post in the tournament thread or here if the chat residents don't mind, looks like no-one was posting during the match anyway. :eek:

What a joy to watch Rafa play so well :hearts:
Haha, so you watched live? I am too old and cowardy these days for that. But yeah looks like he played well. :D I'm gonna watch some of it later too when I'll finish cleaning the house so cya later. :wavey:

Btw Evita, we are threatened with -25 C nights next week, now where is the healed-from-the-flu Metis with her +16 C in Athens. :( Btw my skin does NOT like this cold. :tape:

#118 ·

What a joy to watch Rafa play so well :hearts:
I watched that match too :hearts:

too bad about the blister affecting his performance in the subsequent matches though :(

Btw Evita, we are threatened with -25 C nights next week, now where is the healed-from-the-flu Metis with her +16 C in Athens. :( Btw my skin does NOT like this cold. :tape:
:hug:

Up to 18C earlier this week in Athens. :D

what a mess this match turned out to be

And I was not trying to jinx Selby, the guy is the Nadal of snooker, he never gives up, he is well known for his spectacular comebacks especially against Ronnie who doesn't have the most steady brain, to say the least

Ronnie calls him "The Torturer" in his memories, enough said, we were all scared shit

PS: just read in The Times, aparently Ronnie and Selby are "barely on speaking terms" :haha:
Wasn't Ronnie supposed to have retired ...several times already? :rolleyes:

At least I'm not gonna be mad should Rafa lose this time. I'd be happy for Roger. :) And I wouldn't have to freak out during the final. :D
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:eek: Guys guys, no wonder you don't have children. :eek:
You say that like it's a bad thing.
It is :shrug:
Given their attitudes, it's better for the children that they don't have them, no? :D

I dont need kids, I have a great cat!
I wish the neighbors downstairs had two cats instead of two little devils boys. :mad:

...and now a girl on the way :sobbing:

#24 ·

What's the point of watching sports matches not live when you already know the result? :eek: I might watch highlights but never a full match.
I don't do that with other sports either or even with other tennis players (if only occasionally some great matches) but with Rafa I just... ya know. ;) Blame Safin for killing all my nerves, and Nole 2011, before that Rafa used to be such a good kid, always winning. :angel: :lol:
Don't have even Mike with his couch any more. :(
And no I don't have time to watch full replays either.
Today to be honest I just couldn't watch live, had to clean the house and cook, not that I was nervous about Clownfils beating him actually.
Off now again, have a good weekend everyone! :wavey:

#25 ·

Oh joy, my idol 2003 is back again! :worship: :bowdown:
I simply cannot miss his threads! :worship: :bowdown: :worship: :bowdown:
Also for A., H. and other ladies - are men more shallow than women, and of course the icing on the cake about Janowicz being a one-tournament wonder. :worship: :bowdown: :worship: :bowdown: Brought me back to GM in no time. :D

#29 · (Edited)

Ronnie has to thank you for jinxing the hell out of his opponent on twitter, A.

Tight match full of drama against Kei, so it seems. GM will be a mess once again (but then again, it would be more newsworthy if GM isn't a mess).

The news about tennis is almost non-existant here since the Belgians are not exactly a force to be feared in top tennis these days after the Clijsters-Henin era. The result is that the only news you hear about the slams these days is when an important player loses early:
So, two days ago, I woke up to the news that Serena crashed out.
Now, I woke up to the news that Sharapova lost.
---> shitty way to cover sports news. Only focusing on the losses.

Apparently, it's Blue Monday today. Let's cheer you people up with the song I drove my parents and siblings nuts with when I was a little girl:

(yes, the guy singing it looks like a freak. At least, I never liked him but when I was a toddler, I just focused on the blue creatures)

It's a good thing that there was no youtube back then because the smurfs look awful in that clip. I had this record (with more smurfsongs) on vinyl and since I wasn't allowed near the record player, I had to ask somebody else to put the album on. Since everybody just hated the album, there was some serious begging from my part involved. :D

Anyway, they cheered me up when I was little. :shrug:

#30 ·

I saw a bit of Nadal's match while getting ready for work. It was definitely a worse performance than against Monfils :unsure:

Hilde, that Wikipedia link says that scientists think this is nonsense :lol: Anyway, since it got properly cold last week it's been very sunny so no depression for me :D And that song is cute :shrug: Even though it ends in the middle :(

#31 ·

I haven't even read the wiki page yet. :lol:

My newspaper explained that it has something to do with the new year's resolutions being a bust by now (third week of the year) + the holiday and summer is still far away, it's still quite dark outside and Mondays are usually days to feel a bit down due to it being the beginning of another work week.

I believe it's almost a self-fulfilling prophecy, if you know what I mean.
--> if enough people tell you that today, there's cause to be depressed even if you have no reason to feel that way.

I love the smurfs. :inlove: They are such a big and happy part of my childhood.

#34 · (Edited)

:lol: what a mess this match turned out to be :rolls:

And I was not trying to jinx Selby, the guy is the Nadal of snooker, he never gives up, he is well known for his spectacular comebacks especially against Ronnie who doesn't have the most steady brain, to say the least :eek:

Ronnie calls him "The Torturer" in his memories, enough said, we were all scared shit :lol:

PS: just read in The Times, aparently Ronnie and Selby are "barely on speaking terms" :haha: :haha:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.