Mens Tennis Forums banner

What do you believe happens to us after our earth body dies?

• Life after death exists, we continue on, we never really die

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • Death is an absolute end

Votes: 16 42.1%
  • I don't know/am undecided

Votes: 10 26.3%

Life after death

4K views 61 replies 34 participants last post by  Cloren 
#1 ·
Didn't see a thread on here about this topic, so just curious to discuss what MTF views and beliefs are.

Religious talk is okay, but try not to let it dominate, as many belief systems include an idea of life after death in a spiritual rhelm that is not related to the traditional heaven or hell of conventional religion.

Keep it clean and respectful, but do you think the death of the human body is the final end for us, or near death experiences are real and we go on to something else/back to where we came from? Reincarnation, automatic or chosen, that sort of thing.

Facsinating to discuss, what are MTF views?

#2 ·
I believe in heaven and hell.

But I don't think hell is somewhere you are sent to eternally. Most people go to heaven immediately. Some serve some time in hell, some serve quite a long time in hell. But eventually, once you serve your time according to your misdeeds while on Earth, you are given admission into heaven.

Heaven is the most beautiful, with rose gardens, fountains, etc. Everybody is so chill, relaxed, peace, love, happiness surrounds. You are free to do anything, and there is a machine where you can walk in and choose an age and then poof, you are in that body of whatever physical condition you were in at the age you picked.

#23 · (Edited)
I believe in heaven and hell.

But I don't think hell is somewhere you are sent to eternally. Most people go to heaven immediately. Some serve some time in hell, some serve quite a long time in hell. But eventually, once you serve your time according to your misdeeds while on Earth, you are given admission into heaven.

Heaven is the most beautiful, with rose gardens, fountains, etc. Everybody is so chill, relaxed, peace, love, happiness surrounds. You are free to do anything, and there is a machine where you can walk in and choose an age and then poof, you are in that body of whatever physical condition you were in at the age you picked.
:lol: The way you're talking i would have sworn you've been there before

#14 ·
#5 ·
I'm totally stoked about meeting JC at the pearly gates. I've envisioned the meeting: he smiles and says "dude what was that?" but then lets me in anyway cause that's what he's about no? After that I know I'll see my sweet babushka, for whom I still cry during the night (I call them Baba-mares lol). In stark contrast to this scene of heavenly bliss, the pharmaceutical industry and much of the medical profession will be prodded with pitchforks by Satan and his minions for filling her full of supplements. The bastards killed my Baba. Yeah, she was 91 but most of my ancestors are centenarians. :rolleyes:

#9 ·
I believe there will be judgement to all functioning humans who can tell right from wrong.. you were given a brain and life.. how did you manage your life? It is not safe to suppose it is just a meaningless journey.. It is frightening to think there will be judgement, but death is not the closure..

But I am still on the path of finding the truth, my questions are still not answered..When I see a child who suffers from extreme pain.. When I see very poor people.. I feel very disturbed.. I don't understand, I don't understand why did my uncles suffer from schizophrenia..
Still many unanswered questions..

#13 ·
#15 ·
If there was a heaven, how long would you be there? All eternity sounds less intimidating than if you actually set some figures too it. It should at least be way more than 1 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 years. Frankly, I'm not sure what's left to experience after the first 1 000 000 000 000 000 000 years....and that's not even a fraction of the total. But perhaps endless repetition is bliss?

I assume it's the end when we die. All things must come to an end eventually, and I don't see the need for two separate ones.

#16 ·
I assume it's the end when we die. All things must come to an end eventually, and I don't see the need for two separate ones.
Sometimes the need for a life after death is to strengthen the current life. It doesn't have to be tangible but belief in it can be a source of strength. Quite possibly misguided, but the importance is the effect. At other times perhaps the belief in life after death can be resoundingly negative. I have heard it suggested that belief in reincarnation induces acceptance of living conditions among those who make up India's slums, for instance, rather than trying to force change. I won't go into detail for fear I lack the requisite knowledge to conduct a fair evaluation.

#20 ·
doesn't seem likely why would there be one.

if you had a bad life wouldn't it be torture to live again forever?
or with family that did this or that?
i somehow want to believe but nothing can be constant.

unless it's all a simulation but still why are we more special than other living beings?

#24 ·
I think death is the absolute end. I wouldn't know how to put it into words, but when you die- nothingness. You don't have a consciousness anymore, you are not you anymore.

It's very sad :sad: and I would like to believe in a religion but no evidence has convinced me otherwise.

I think a reincarnation-based afterworld would be ideal, with people losing all their memory of their previous lives and their "souls" being transplanted into some other animal (hopefully humans) as they are being born- that would be the most logical.

#26 ·
I think a reincarnation-based afterworld would be ideal, with people losing all their memory of their previous lives and their "souls" being transplanted into some other animal (hopefully humans) as they are being born- that would be the most logical.
This. Not sure about it being the most "logical", but certainly would be more interesting and ultimately more rewarding than spending eternity (think about that, ETERNITY) being besties with Jesus and twiddling your thumbs all day.

#28 ·
I honestly don't have a clue. But as long as when I die I get rid of this awful tinnitus I'm cool with it whether it means my life ending 100% or some weird post life experience. But if it ends up there is a life after death and I find I am still stuck with my tinnitus there then I will be seriously bummed.

#30 · (Edited)
Your poll is flawed. You ask what one believes happens after death and then give a choice as "don't know". This means one does not know what he believes. "don't know" is the only possible answer to the question of what actually happens after death.

I have used this logic to steer people away from a professed agnosticism towards atheism. We are all agnostics, because nobody has proof for or against the existence of god. So the word is meaningless. We define our belief or not in a god by what we THINK is the most likely, not by what we KNOW. Unlike people who claim there IS a god, atheists claim to believe there is probably no god.

#32 ·
Your poll is flawed. You ask what one believes happens after death and then give a choice as "don't know". This means one does not know what he believes. "don't know" is a possible answer to the question of what actually happens after death.

I have used this logic to steer people away from a professed agnosticism towards atheism. We are all agnostics, because nobody has proof for or against the existence of god. So the word is meaningless. We define our belief or not in a god by what we THINK is the most likely, not by what we KNOW. Unlike people who claim there IS a god, atheists claim to believe there is probably no god.
Trust me, I know some atheists who claim there is no God.

And for the first part, do you not believe you can not know what you believe? Can people not be unsure about whether they believe in God or an afterlife?

#39 ·
I believe there is life after death. Those who committed crimes in this life must be punished in hell otherwise it's not fair. We were given a brain to think what's wrong and right so I believe there is heaven and hell.

#46 ·
hopefully there is

but there probably isn't :shrug:

shame really

#50 ·
I was about to say I hope there isn't, but there probably is...

Just so I can sleep in for once.

#51 ·
Well according to Spinoza all for one and one for all..

There are many interpretations of the soul and what soul is, for me the soul is the sacred mysterious piece given to creatures by God, you either enrich your soul with good doings; giving money to poor, helping sick, etc.. or you have it rotten by bad actions while thinking God is ignoring this as usual.. then the day you die comes and while you die, you see how much good and bad things you have done like a movie..
but i don't understand why many people who say they believe in God do the most heinous crimes in the world when they are supposed to do the opposite :confused: .. this is why i am still thinking about the world..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.