Mens Tennis Forums banner

Biggest talents and biggest prospects born after 1995

26K views 82 replies 31 participants last post by  ciprianned 
#1 ·
Please give me names.

#7 ·
I was just about to mention him :lol:, although he's Italian I have already seen him some times and I like his game a lot, he was born in 1996 and he's gaining some good results on the Junior tour (5 titles overall) ;).

Another good prospect is Serbian Nikola Milojevic (1995). By the way, Quinzi is by far the first 1996 in the Junior rankings, being ranked #57 and followed only by the #139 Borna Coric from Croatia.

#5 ·
Orlando Luz (Brazil) - 13 years old... Latin America Circuit U-14 Champion in his first year in the category and won the Gerdau Cup U-14 too...

#6 ·
Or ram Harel (isr) -16 years old ,ranked 4 in europe for his age
this week passed the qualy draw in the uso junoirs and def in first round the 43th in the irf junoirs ranking ..

#10 ·
The fact is that there are players who get points/their own ranking by getting WCs. I don't know if this Pane got the same thing, but among women there are players who're really helped by this.
14 years old Belinda Bencic won just a match but, thanks to the WCs she received, she has her own ranking.

#11 ·
Yep, Pane got a WC to the MD but he beat 6-4 6-2 italian Giorgio Portaluri, top800 atp. Btw, he had already passed trough 2 Futures's qualy in Ecuador last month. He's a prospect to follow.
About Quinzi, wih Baldi, both made their preseason training here in Argentina. From 1996, I'll add Chritian Garin from Chile, WC in Prostejov last year, and Francisco Bahmonde. All three will be playing at Juniors Davis Cup in San Luis Potosi in less than 3 weeks.

Se ya

#14 ·
Frederico Silva (1995). Already with 1 ATP point and good overall game and attitude.

#20 ·
For me I've seen the most impressive results over the last 2 or 3 years from Gianluigi Quinzi (Italy), Borna Coric (Croatia), and Noah Rubin (USA) all born 1996. Each one has won against older top ranked guys.
Even younger, Stefon Kozlov, born 1998, is one to watch out for.

#22 ·
It's early to speak about 13 years old guys btw.
I know 13 is too you an age to really expect anything, but when you make 2 itf grade 4 finals and win an itf grade 5 tournament at the age of 13, I think it earns you a spot on the "one to watch" list. He was also one of the very very best under 14 jrs in the world last year when he doesn't even turn 14 until this year. In my opinion, there's a pattern of young success that future stars follow. Coric and Quinzi, Tomic and Harrison, were all similarly impressive at the same age.

Other reasons he's intriguing is
1. I've heard he plays like Bernard Tomic, which isn't the most liked style in the world.
2. He's kind of small, so it's expected that other kids might out grow him. That makes anything he does that much harder.

It'll be interesting to follow his career and see if he can keep up the success.

#23 ·
1995 Nishioka JPN, Edmund GBR, Alcaraz Ivorra ESP, Stanek CZE, Kyrgios AUS, Milojevic SRB, Silva POR, Kwiatkowski USA, Papa USA, McDonald USA

1996 Coric CRO, Quinzi ITA, Rubin USA, Garin CHI, Bahamonde ARG, Kokkinakis AUS, Mott AUS, Ymer SWE, Halys FRA, Haerteis GER, Chung KOR, Pane ARG, Nakagawa JPN, Onishi JPN, Ciorcila ROU

1997 Kang KOR, Hong KOR, Nagal IND, Zverev GER, Rublev RUS, Yamasaki JPN, Wiersholm USA, Tabilo CAN

1998 Kozlov USA, Tiafoe USA, Mmoh USA, Luz BRA, Raisma EST

1999 Dubrivnyy RUS, Popyrin AUS, Kirkin TUR...

#26 ·
19.5.1996 Hyeon CHUNG (KOR) ITF 22 G1 W, Orange Bowl 12U & 16U Champion
2.1.1997 Ku Keon KANG (KOR) ITF 65 GB1 F, G1 SF
30.6.1997 Seong Chang HONG (KOR) ITF 296 Orange Bowl 12U & 14U Champion
29.6.1998 Duck Hee LEE (KOR) ITF 512 G5 F
27.3.1998 Yun Seong CHUNG (KOR) ITF 731
27.6.1998 Chan Yeong OH (KOR) Orange Bowl 12U F

Wow!

#32 ·
Yeah Roman Safiullin is very good too, but I think he is older than Khuma. Not sure though. Roman defeated Basil yesterday to reach singles final and they both reached the final of doubles together here. Everyone was shocked that their ranking was low to get them a direct acceptance, but Safiullin won a recent tournament last month in Russia they said.

#34 ·
So Roman Safiullin in two weeks in Egypt coming as a NR. Won two singles tournaments (coming from qualies in both) and 1 doubles and another doubles final
So in singles he doesn't have a MD loss this year winning three tournaments so far :yeah:
With that he should enter at least the TOP300.
I think so far that is amazing

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.