Mens Tennis Forums banner

Delpo taking wild card to play in Washington

3K views 50 replies 30 participants last post by  Mark Lenders 
#1 ·
Saw on Twitter and Citiopentennis.com

I like this, I am going and I will see him, but also he needs some matches before the US Open to test his knee.

#19 ·
Typical Del Potro.

#4 ·
#5 ·
He has a week off in between. Plays Washington, Canada, and Cincinnati, then he takes a week off (because best of 3 are just so grinding!) then he will play the US Open.

#6 ·
He has a week off in between. Plays Washington, Canada, and Cincinnati, then he takes a week off (because best of 3 are just so grinding!) then he will play the US Open.
I know there is a week off between Cincinnati and the USO.

Imo if he goes far in all, meaning semis or finals, it will affect him in the latter stages of the USO. When playing any of the top 4 stamina is a huge issue.

#7 ·
Not strange at all he is a former champion there.

#8 ·
Well, he won this event twice, including in 2009 before taking the USO, so let's see how this works. Expect him to withdraw from Cincy like he did in 2009 if he goes far in both DC and Canada.

Also, you missed the most important bit of news here regarding Tsonga, I'll make a thread about it though.

#15 ·
Well, he won this event twice, including in 2009 before taking the USO, so let's see how this works. Expect him to withdraw from Cincy like he did in 2009 if he goes far in both DC and Canada.

Also, you missed the most important bit of news here regarding Tsonga, I'll make a thread about it though.
Exactly. Not a problem playing the extra tournament, and could work out well for him if it gives him decent match practice/fitness on the hard courts.

Dale, DelPo: podes hacerlo otra vez.

#10 ·
Lenders could be right, he may skip Cincy.

#17 ·
This is great! I'm going to get to see him play in person now. Definitely the biggest name to come to Washington in a while.

#20 ·
Great decision.
Play as much as possible before USO to aggaravate all kinds of health problems possible.
Genuis.

#22 ·
Chill out. If he's playing well, he'll routine his way to the DC title, all his ultimate pigeons like Nishikori and Haas are there.

Besides, if he goes deep in both DC and Canada, he will probably withdraw from Cincy like he did in 2009.

Isn't this some guy who was terribly horribly injured at Wimbledon? :lol:
No need for hyperbole, I'd hardly call a knee sprain a horrible injury.

Reactions: Ivelina_P
#26 ·
He hyperextended his knee at Wimbledon. I've had the same injury myself. I was surprised he was able to make it as far as he did - pure determination on his part. :yeah: It's quite painful but if you keep the knee wrapped and stay off it for a couple of weeks, it usually clears up, so I am hoping that is what DelPo is doing before he gets back into it.

#27 ·
He hyperextended his knee at Wimbledon. I've had the same injury myself. I was surprised he was able to make it as far as he did - pure determination on his part. :yeah: It's quite painful but if you keep the knee wrapped and stay off it for a couple of weeks, it usually clears up, so I am hoping that is what DelPo is doing before he gets back into it.
Me and my boyfriend have sex pretty much everyday :D
I assume that was a sexual injury?

#32 ·
Or maybe it was never that bad to begin with? It's funny that one-knee potro has a better record against Ferrer than 2-knee potro does :lol:

#40 ·
really close to where I live I will probably buy tickets this year, haven't been for a few seasons because the draw absolutely sucked the past few years
P.S. saw him here in what, 2009, I think

#46 ·
Del Wristro vulturing another weak event, what a surprise.

#51 ·
Why are you guys feeding the troll? A dumb troll no less, he unwillingly admitted that his favorite player, Murray, is an injury faker. If that's how he feels, let's leave it at that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.