Mens Tennis Forums banner

Un bref séjour en France - Andy at Roland Garros Thread

8K views 45 replies 9 participants last post by  Fumus 
#1 · (Edited)
Didn't see a clay season thread and I'm pretty sure Andy is going to be playing in Madrid next week (at least, according to his website, he is).

Hopefully he can grab some points in Madrid and Rome and RG...so his seeding will be a bit higher for Wimbledon. I think that's all us fans can really hope for, right? (oh yea...fitness and health).

I would like to remind you guys that Tim Henman made the semis at RG after never making it past the 2nd and 3rd rounds there! If Tiger Tim can do it then maybe there is hope...right?

#2 ·
Re: Claymation - Clay Season Thread?!?

According to his site, he won't play Rome. Which is sad, because I bought tickets...

When Henman made semis at RG, he was top 10 - different draw. Andy has to play the big guns in 3rd round. Every win is bonus right now, anything above 2nd round - great. At least on clay.

#3 ·
Re: Claymation - Clay Season Thread?!?

According to his site, he won't play Rome. Which is sad, because I bought tickets...

When Henman made semis at RG, he was top 10 - different draw. Andy has to play the big guns in 3rd round. Every win is bonus right now, anything above 2nd round - great. At least on clay.
So he'll play Madrid but not Rome? What's he going to do, go back to Austin? What a waste.

#11 ·
Re: Cl-vaycation :):) Skipping The Clay Season Thread

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

#13 ·

Although Andy will likely not be appearing anytime soon on the tennis court...he did make an appearance on a free tote bag that I got after I purchased the new propulse 3s.
:cool:

Attachments

#16 · (Edited)

Welcome Germany!
Is he playing that? I heard Harrison was in because some American dropped out...rumor has it, it was Andy.

EDIT - Check that...he said on twitter he landed in Frankfurt.

NICE. The Claycation has ended.

#19 · (Edited)
Re: Tennis spielen ist besser in Deutschland - The Claycation Ends

Ryan Harrison is playing the World Team Cup cos Mardy Fish pulled out. And Ryan posted on Facebook the other day that he is in Duesseldorf and was practising with Andy. It's Andy, Ryan and James Blake on the team for Duesseldorf.

I am off there either tomorrow or Monday, yay!

#21 ·

:haha: at least it was in an event that doesn't count?

#22 ·

WOW - I didn't catch the last match but today was awful. It looked like he wasn't trying but then he was all pissed off and dropping F-bombs. Also, Andy is not in shape at all. Not looking good for Wimbledon.

#23 ·

:eek:

#24 ·

Well, those two awful losses are the only warm-up Andy will have for RG. If he can't get himself into shape, I wonder why he's even bothering?

Just stay out an train until you can be healty....right? There's the entire summer.

#25 ·
At least he played doubles today for another match. And he'll play Go Soeda of Japan tomorrow, according to the schedule

#26 ·
I watched Andy vs Berdych and Soeda vs Berlocq. I have to say that according to, what I saw, I don't expect Andy to beat even Soeda here :eek:

It just puzzles me, how can he go in a span of 2 months from beating Roger, which really was a heroic effort, to this. Ok, clay is by far his worst surface, but anyway. It doesn't strike me that things might change, when he gets on grass and hard.

#27 ·
I don't understand what he's doing on a court to be honest. He's out of shape so he's not going to do anything worthwhile. I mean, forgetting clay, does he honestly think things will get better for him during grass and the U.S. Open series? I'm not understanding this. I didn't think he would ever fall off this badly at the end.

#30 ·
I'll try to be optimistic. He can't work fitness if he is injured, and that was the case. If he would have not pulled his hamstring, he would have played Rome and Madrid. Things would have been different. Against Soeda, he was better than against Berlocq and Berdych. Not good by any means, but better. Maybe he will be better in Paris. At this point, I don't think we can blame Andy about something. His body just can't take it anymore.

To see what he is capable of, Andy should have at least 3 months stretch, when he is not injured. In the last 2 year, he had, like, 9 different injuries or something.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.