Suicide Tennis
China Open

China Open
ATP World Tour 500
Beijing, China
30 September - 6 October 2013

==========================
sorry for any confusion.
nobody notified me or posted in the Official Suicide Tennis Poll about starting a temporary thread ...
but I'm glad they did ... Thanks to coolfish1103 for getting the ball rolling!
so I'll go ahead as scheduled ... if that's okay with the mods.
Good to see everyone so eager to begin! :D

BEIJING TIME:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fullscreen.html?n=33

==========================​

1. Each day of play you must pick 1 winner playing an ATP main draw singles match. Of course, the player that you choose is playing one match scheduled to be played that day (as seen in the Order of Play).

2. Once you pick someone, you cannot choose him again for the rest of the tournament. So, you don't want to waste your pick on Djokovic or Nadal to win in early round matches.

3. You must choose one player to win each day. If you forget, are sick, or are unable to reach a computer, it will be treated as a wrong pick, and you will be out of the tournament. You have to submit your own pick, no one else can submit your pick for you.

Each participant should have a back-up pick, selected at the same time as the initial pick. That back-up pick will only be used in the case of a walkover or withdrawal. Also, if a participant picks a player they've used previously and not corrected by Start of Play, then the back-up pick may be used as a replacement for the duplicate. Retirements do count as completed matches.

Replacement picks must be identified like this:
Backup: Andy Murray.
The backup choice s/b placed under the Pick for the day, both in the same post.

5. No commitments are necessary! If you wish to participate, just post your Day 1 pick prior to Start of Play on Day 1. ... New players are ALWAYS welcome!

6. Once the Order of Play is released, it will be added IN THIS THREAD, in the OOP post on this page to facilitate your choices. Each day, this post will be updated with its respective order of play.

NOTE: You cannnot pick a player from a match scheduled for the previous day and postponed for the next due to rain or darkness! Choose only from the matches shown in the current day's OOP post.

7. Picks will be acceptable until before the start of the FIRST match each day.

8. The scoring system will be as follows:
ATP 500
Losing pick on Day 1: 1
Losing pick on Day 2: 10
Losing pick on Day 3: 25
Losing pick on Day 4: 50
Losing pick on Day 5: 100
Losing pick on Day 6: 180
Losing pick on Day 7: 300
WINNING THE TITLE : 500

9. Never edit your pick. If you change your mind, you must first "quote" your original pick in a new post and enter your new pick there.

10. This thread is not made to complain about format, points, etc. The Suicide Suggestions thread was created for that. :)

See less See more
#81 ·
Re: Suicide Tennis (Official) | BEIJING - 2013 | DAY 2 OOP in Post #2

K so ... yes, it's about 3-1/2 hours till start of play ... and yes i'm one of the names on my own list ... but while i'm here i'll just gently mention i still need picks from these gamers:

*Jean*
Cava
cswab22
Djalma
Dudisela75
flynn25
Puschkin
Sweetspot
Tulipe

:p

#84 · (Edited)

Day 2

Pick: Isner
BU: Benneteau

I am not on main page list. My day 1 pick was in post 21 I think..
Oh darn it ... i hate when that happens ... will fix it asap! :eek:

EDIT:
Hi, ESimp! :) ..... got it fixed but you and everybody should check everyday cuz i seem to be in a learning curve regarding cropping the list!

#88 ·

Day 2: Isner
BU: Wawrinka

#91 ·

Isner lost the 1st! Massive suicide incoming yet another week?
oh. my. gosh. you really scared me there, Litotes! :eek:

my dsl was shut down for five hours, so I can finally update!

:dog:

#174 ·
Re: Suicide Tennis (Official) | BEIJING - 2013 | DAY 3 OOP @ Post #2

Day 3: Isner
BU: Nadal
K so ... here it is 5:30 a.m. Cali time, and Li Na has just fiished her first set against Lisicki 75 ... sooooooooo since it's been 8 hours since play began and Nadal/Kohly wont start until Li/Lisicki is over ... I gotta go to sleep ... cant put up the alive/suicide charts until all matches are done :rolleyes: :cool: .... yes ... abollo might prove a genius yet! :devil:
Have a nice rest :) When you return you can amend CoolyBri on the front page, where it says "No pick" for day three :)

#99 · (Edited)

SURVIVOR STATISTICS - DAY #2 = 52 / 58

Berdych 01 ... Isner 34 ... Nadal 01 ... Verdasco 13 ... Wawrinka 03 ... Benneteau 01 ... NoPick 01 ... Youzhny 04 ...

#100 ·

Day 3

Pick: Hewitt
Back Up: Nadal

#101 ·

Are there only 3 matches for day 3?

#102 ·

D3: Isner
BU: Hewitt

#106 ·

Day 3: Nadal
BU: Fognini

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.