Mens Tennis Forums banner

Rotterdam SF: Del Potro def. Dimitrov 6-4 6-4

3K views 40 replies 35 participants last post by  Asadinator 
#1 ·
A pity, far from Grigor's best, too many UEs and unplayable Pony at serve.

Good tournament though for Grigor and a deserved tittle for the Argie

#2 ·
Delpo BB :inlove:

#4 ·
Disgusting performance from Dimugtrov. Should be fined for lack of effort :eek:

#6 ·
Dimitrov can't play big match

#7 ·
Really good match from Juan :yeah:

Hasn't lost a set all week or had his serve broken (40 consecutive holds, 9 break points served) and is clear favorite for the final tomorrow against Benneteau/Simon, should get his 14th career title and 7th since coming back from surgery. Pretty good start to the year in terms of level of play, hope he keeps it up.

Dimitrov shouldn't be too discouraged, he played a good tournament and even today he didn't play badly at all, just had two loose service games really and generally couldn't defend against Delpo's powerful shots nor match him in that department.

#8 ·
I can`t explain myself my impression - was it Delpo that great on serve or Dimitrov too weak on return. Just don`t know.

Overall decent match with two bad games from Dimitrov on his serve each set. It was enough for DP, who played far better from baseline than yesterday.

#10 ·
I can`t explain myself my impression - was it Delpo that great on serve or Dimitrov too weak on return. Just don`t know.

Overall decent match with two bad games from Dimitrov on his serve each set. It was enough for DP, who played far better from baseline than yesterday.
I'm not sure this abbreviation is suitable... :lol:

#13 ·
JMDP is getting really dangerous indoor. If he raises the bar enough, #5 is within reach.
Dimitrov will be top 20 by clay season if he keeps the rythm, and stays healthy.

#18 ·
Shame Federer isn't in the final to trash the one Slam wonder in 2 again eh :(?

#19 ·
Really great performance. Delpo looked dominating on serve, and accelerated the power on his forehands which left Grigor exposed. Great win for Delpo. Great to see him bounce back in great form after AO.

#28 ·
His serve needs to be a little less predictable though, he really needs to work on his slicer out wide and a more effective body serve at least. Against top returners, once they read his patterns he's in serious trouble since he basically just blasts the ball to the T or the corner without any variation at all.

#22 ·
Dimitrov is nice to watch at times, but he just seems too inaccurate too often to truly make the grade. Is he ever going to fulfill the hype? And has the hype just been based on the fact he has a similar style to Federer?

Del Potro was fairly comfortable here. Let's hope he can regain the ability to go to the last stages of majors too this season...

#29 ·
Dimitrov is nice to watch at times, but he just seems too inaccurate too often to truly make the grade. Is he ever going to fulfill the hype? And has the hype just been based on the fact he has a similar style to Federer?

Del Potro was fairly comfortable here. Let's hope he can regain the ability to go to the last stages of majors too this season...
the hype? :haha:

he's 33rd in the world, 21yo, played a final 250 and a semi 500 already this year and it's mid February...

Hype? :haha: :haha:

#23 ·
Some great shot-making from both players but Dimitrov threw in two poor service games to be broken in each set. Del Potro played very well and his serve found the lines whenever Dimitrov threatened it.

On the positive side, Dimitrov showed he is fully capable to trading shots with Del Potro from the baseline and he had the right gameplan, he just got sloppy at times. His serve and backhand weren't consistent enough today but his forehand was awesome and I loved the trickshot he hit through his legs at the baseline. It's been a good week for Dimitrov and it will be interesting to see if he can build on it.

#25 ·
Expected result and score, coudlnt expect less.

I could make fun of dimutards, but I wont, you already made fun of yourselves saying this guy was about to beat Del Potro.

I even like the kid, but the dimitrovtards in this forum are a pain in the ass.

#26 ·
Delpo too good for Grigor today. Good luck in the final tomorrow.

#30 ·
Happy to see Del Potro in an ATP 500 final, he has to be in form for Indian Wells and Miami because there he can proove that he can be a TOP5 player again!

Dimitrov will get some interesting points for his ranking :D He did a great tournament, defeating Tomic in 1st round.

#32 ·
Baby fed is out too.Sweet.This week has been good for tennis.I´m happy for the new title for Juan.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.