Mens Tennis Forums banner

Evgueni KOROLEV - future of Russian tennis

47K views 936 replies 63 participants last post by  {Annie} 
#1 ·
EVGUENI KOROLEV

Date of birth: 14th February 1988
Residence: Moscow

Let me make some prediction - this 17 y.o. guy will be in top20 in 2-3 years :)
This year Jenya won 3 futures - 2 on claycourts and 1 on indoor hard.
Also he was in 1/4 in Freudenstadt and tomorrow will play with Sluiter in 1/4 in Kolding.
This year record is 52-25.
Now he is No. 253 in the world and No. 8 in Russia.

#3 ·
thanks mikhail...i really didn't know the guy;)!

#5 ·
it seems u know pretty well the future:lol:...i knew pretty well too the ex-juniors rankings last year..but now i'm :tape:!:rolleyes:

#6 ·
This week Korolev is playing in Aachen's challenger, where he was seeded no.1 in qualies.
First 2 rounds of qualies:
Evgeni Korolev (RUS, 1) - Tobias Kamke (GER) 7/5 6/2
Evgueni KOROLEV (RUS, 1) - Daniel MULLER (GER, WC) 6/2 6/3

#10 ·
Jenya def. Younes 3-6 6-3 7-6(6).
Вновь проявив недюжинную волю к победе и характер.

Jenya in 1/4 to play Igor Kunitsyn.
BTW it's his 3rd QF of challenger and he never was in SF...
YET :)

#11 ·
just like Santiago Giraldo from Colombia :)

good luck today against Igor... ;) please win and be in good mood for an interview!
he's got this kind of tennis that he could be missing every shot one day and then lose... that's what i fear it would happen now... but Igor is a defensive playing and he always cannot deal with the strong shots... it was in his last match. anyways.... let's just keep fingers crossed.

#12 ·
jhenya def youness???nathii should ne :fiery:..:lol:..anyway..good job jhenya;)!

#16 ·
what should i understand?jhenya won the aachen:scratch:?

Reactions: Melekhin
#18 ·
so he won!congrats:woohoo:

#20 ·
he can enter in the ao qualification draw,no?he will finish in first 200:woohoo:

#22 ·
oo..molodets jhenya!!!thanks for keepinmg us update nathii:kiss:!

#24 ·
Yes, QF again :worship:
Last 4 weeks (after Kremlin Cup) Korolev's record is 14-2 :)

BTW, I'm sure Korolev is able to win one or two junior Grand slam tournaments next year. But I doubt he is going to participate in them :D

Nathii
Do you have Jenya's photos from Aachen?

#25 ·
No, I felt too shy to have this badge and run around and take pics with / of players... :rolleyes: - I only did with Younes and with Mikael Ryderstedt ;) (but you know the story) and I have a pic of Kunitsyn using computer...

But I have a feeling Evgueni will come to a Wrocław challenger in February and.... I've just been called to work there :tape: then I promise pics, pics, pics...

#26 ·
what do u mean u was to shy:lol:!and u're arguing spirit doesn't work in that dirrection:lol:?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.