Mens Tennis Forums banner

Wimbledon Schedule and General Moaning Thread

18K views 261 replies 139 participants last post by  Wolfy 
#1 ·
#150 ·
Re: Petzschner comments on Wimbledon scheduling.

I CAN'T PUT FLOPLIPP IN THE TITLE BUT PEOPLE CAN USE ALMUGRO ETC ALL THE TIME? GIVE ME A BREAK. :zzz:

#151 ·
rafa bumped to court 1..

the 2-time champion, defending champion and top seed is playing the 9th-ranked player in the world and lone american left in the draw.. whether they feel this will be a predictable rout in rafa's favor still does not make the top seed's absence from centre court any less glaring at this stage..

Centre Court

13:00 Gentlemen's Singles - Quarterfinals

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga(FRA)[12] vs. Roger Federer(SUI)[3]

Andy Murray(GBR)[4] vs. Feliciano Lopez(ESP)

No. 1 Court

Bernard Tomic(AUS) vs. Novak Djokovic(SRB)[2]

Rafael Nadal(ESP)[1] vs. Mardy Fish(USA)[10]

#159 ·
Re: rafa bumped to court 1..

the 2-time champion, defending champion and top seed is playing the 9th-ranked player in the world and lone american left in the draw.. whether they feel this will be a predictable rout in rafa's favor still does not make the top seed's absence from centre court any less glaring at this stage..

Centre Court

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga(FRA)[12] vs. Roger Federer(SUI)[3]

Andy Murray(GBR)[4] vs. Feliciano Lopez(ESP)

No. 1 Court

Bernard Tomic(AUS) vs. Novak Djokovic(SRB)[2]

Rafael Nadal(ESP)[1] vs. Mardy Fish(USA)[10]
sorry, a friendly advice, I am also rafa fans, but please avoid posting these kind of rafa threads in GM, you may post it in his own forum. posting these will only get let rafa haters to make more critics:wavey:

#153 ·

easy decision. You know Murray will be centre.

and I doubt Nadal will care. They only players that care about this stuff are the Williams sisters.

#152 ·

It's Ok I think...
I mean, Murray has to be in centre court, no doubt about it.
They're all cheering for him.
And Fed - Tsonga is a better match than Rafa - Fish.

Tsonga makes more noise than Fish today, and Fed is a 6 time wimbledon champion.

#156 ·

Looks about right, what's the problem? The defending champion is not always on Centre court.

#157 ·

why are people complaining? nadal fans should know very well that nadal always wants to be the underdog and shake off all the expectations and pressures put on him. This is actually a helpful move for nadal as it takes him away from the spotlight of center court. and honestly, the two matches in CC are the more entertaining ones.

#158 ·

The real outrage is that Tomic got bumped to court 1.

#196 ·
Or, it's just 6>2 and Brit>Spain.
There is no rain forecast until the evening in London as far as I know, so Djokovic and Nadal may even be finished by then with their routine 3 set wins, bu even if they have too, they could move Nadal to centre to finish his off.
Im not complaining at all, but im glad u were mistaken :D

#162 ·

Enough with this, ffs. Wimbledon organizers schedule matches in order to run their tournament (and make money on ticket sales) not to stroke players' egos. Both courts are good and up to standards. One is as good as the other in every way except 'prestige' (which is a superficial invention.

#167 ·
#168 ·
this was the last chance for the organizers and they have ruined it by the looks of it......rain would not be a factor from the semis as all the matches will be played at the safest place in the whole of england under that roof which protects all the weak in this world from thunderstorms and floods.......

i had an idea for them last night but they put a deaf ear to it......they should have had all the quarterfinals scheduled on the center court with 1 PM start one after the other.......that way they would have completed the first three quarterfinals and extended nadal's quarterfinal to tomorrow.......

#170 ·
What is this stupid scheduling? Not only did Nadal arrive on Court 1 but he is as well 2nd match although his half started first? Is this a joke. Moreover there is rain predicted for today so obviously his match won't be completed today.

#172 ·
Good news for Nole and Rafa. No rain today at Wimbledon, mostly sunny and 18 C.

#173 ·
Something else about scheduelling, I think they put to many matches on center court and no1 court. The courts just get to worn out before the final. Maybe just no womens matches except the final on center court ;), or only one man and one womens match a day during the first week.

#176 ·
They scheduled only 2 mens QF on Centre Court, so maybe they expect rain delays on court 1. They can move even match which is started on court 1 to Centre if they have to, it happened yesterday. And even if Nadull has to finish 11 pm under the roof, it is not big problem because men have rest day tomorrow.

#177 ·
There is no rain forecast until the evening in London as far as I know, so Djokovic and Nadal may even be finished by then with their routine 3 set wins, bu even if they have too, they could move Nadal to centre to finish his off.

#178 ·
Anyway who do you think Nadal should replace on centre court? Federer v Tsonga is easily the most interesting match of the round, and in terms of rankings (Well Tsonga's true rank which is like 7 or 8 in the world not the one when he is always injured) also the most closely matched one too. This could be a surprise result even. If anything Nadal for me and probably for the organizers too is the least interesting match, unless Nadal is injured seriously and has to retire, it will be a rotuine 3 set win for him. Fish has upped his game considerably in recent months, but I cant see him competing with Nadal.

If anyone thinks Murray should be shunted from Centre Court they are seriously insane.

#179 ·
Of course Murray should have been easily put on Court 1. It is a QF match against Lopez after all. It is not a final. Both Nadal and Fish are higher ranked than Murray and Lopez respectively. Moreover Rafa is 2 times champ and a defending champ. Also Murray will dispose of Lopez quicker than Nadal Fish. So it is stupid reasoning.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.