Mens Tennis Forums banner

Can we expect Djokovic to become a new grass GOAT now?

8K views 79 replies 48 participants last post by  Victorious PIG 
#1 ·
Forget about Sampras and Fed. My feeling is that Boom Boom will help Nole to win at least 10 W titles. just 9 more to go ;).

See less See more
#7 ·
Spot on as usual Mr Alex. This shameful BBC award has certainly made Djokovic reset his priorities

Reactions: Alex999
#8 ·
Haas becoming seeded was the best thing for Novak's grass career.

#63 ·
2009 was long time ago, Haas was lucky.

#21 ·
How many Wimbledons do you need to become GOAT after losing a final to Andrew Murray? 15 in a row?

#23 ·
Let see how he does vs. Nadal at AUS Open, before we call him Grass Goat.

Becker could take Novak in the toally wrong direction lol. Aka drinking and prostitution.

#27 ·
I can see Djoker winning 10+ slams, with a considerable chance, but no way 10 Wimbledons.

#34 ·
how did Murray with a screwed up back routine Novak in the last final though?

I hope for the sanity of the world you are totally joking pleaseeeee be joking pleaseeee

#38 ·
Seriously, I expect it to be between Muzza and Djoker. Maybe Tsonga or Del Po. Djoker's worst surface is grass yet he destroyed Nadal on that surface during both their peaks. Nadal lost the first set to Djoker 1.0 in 2007 and only won because of Novak's retirement. That says it all really.
Plus he lost to Rosol and an injured Steve Darcis, which is just embarrassing. They both played great but still....

Novak played terribly against Muzza this year but if they are both playing well we could have a good match. Shame Toni will demand grass be turned into clay for the first week... ;)

Reactions: ProdigyEng
#40 ·
Hopefully this year's poor footing was just an anomaly as many players complained about the surface. The only thing I'd be concerned about is Becker messing with Nole's technical game like Martin did. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if Beckovic won the next 5-7 wimblys, straight setting LendlRay each time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.