Mo Farah 51,945
Sir Ben Ainslie 48,140
Chris Froome 37,343
Hannah Cockroft 26,151
Christine Ohuruogu 13,179
Justin Rose 9,833
Ian Bell 5,626
Total votes 717,454

I can assume the viewing figure is low compare last year because the result is predictable. No one won this award with more then 50% of voting figure before so another history for Murray!

#47 ·
Well done Andy :)
Good choice - considering that it was between him, Farah and Froome.
I think Andy has very nice personality, he's very emotional - after big wins, after losing small points, when talking bout Dunblane Massacre or Ross Hutchins. And it's for sure the most real personality among top4.

the voting figure:

Chris Froome 37,343
Just 6th, surprising somehow.

#57 ·
He lobbied heavily last year on his fan page and facebook to get people to vote for him. He didn't win it. This year he wins it and can't bring himself to show up in person. LOL

#63 ·
You're just making stuff up now. He didn't go last year either and people complained about him not showing enough respect. If he'd gone this year, the same people moaning about him not going would be moaning about him turning up. As it happens, he couldn't give a stuff about those people, while the rest of us laugh.

#59 · (Edited)
The reason he doesn't smile is soley down to his own individual personality, not down to being a product of a reserved circle of stiff upper lipped British people. *shakes head* No. You live in make-believe lala land if you believe that, you really do. Then again, I suppose you are one of these people whom also probably believes all British people have rotten teeth, drink tea and speak like the queen? Right?

You strike over very shallow cultured bro. Suggestion is you mix with others more, it's not realistic to use the internet as your source of diversing and educating with other nationalities.

#61 ·
Neil Harman is an idiot, for a a start (and finish, because he's not really worthy of conversation).

This thread has some great entertainment in it, people are genuinely arguing over BBC Sports Personality :lol:

It's an award that means nothing. I doubt Andy Murray gives a single iota.

#65 ·
I think its just last year everyone was so hyped over cycling it was inevitable that there would be a lack of intrest a tiny bit

Tour De France is starting in the UK next year so that will be great, I'm a student at york a city which the route travels through and for sure me and hundreds of thousands of others will be out (i may bring a cut out of a syringe hehe )

#69 ·
Vettel won the International award. I am not a fan, but I have to admit that is well deserved. Nole won in 2011 and Fed has won a few times, often I don't really watch it properly though, it goes on for quite a while. This year it was so obvious who would win :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.