Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who will be the player of the decade 2011-2020?

Who will be the player of the decade 2010-2019?

5K views 74 replies 52 participants last post by  gcgoncalves 
#1 · (Edited)
So far:

Nadal: 5.
Djokovic: 4.
Federer: 2.

Tomic and Roanic could win slams in the future but can one of them dominte after the decline of the big 3? :confused:
Or maybe an unknown player will start dominating the sport from 2015/2016 to 2020 and be the player of the decade 2011-2020. :confused: No one knows.

The safe bet is maybe Djokovic or Nadal. They still have 3 more good years in them I think or maybe more if they stay injury free.

#7 ·
Re: Who will be the player of the decade 2011-2020?

It's more natural to take the decade as 2010-19. That's how people talk about decades. The 1960s, the 2010s. In that case, Nadal has 5 slams, Djoker 4, Fed 2. Djoker is most likely to end up with most slams.

#9 ·
Re: Who will be the player of the decade 2011-2020?

It's more natural to take the decade as 2010-19. That's how people talk about decades. The 1960s, the 2010s. In that case, Nadal has 5 slams, Djoker 4, Fed 2. Djoker is most likely to end up with most slams.
I didn't know that before. I will change the thread title then. Thanks for correction.

#14 ·
Nole

#21 ·
Nadal is done, Djokovic maybe has one or two slams left in him... yet Federer plays on. Will he win another 15 slams? Probably not. I know Clay Death said he will play until 43, but surely his age will have become a serious factor by then. Realistically, I can't see him taking more than 10 slams this decade, although I could be wrong. :shrug:

#31 ·
Federer to win CYGS in 2019 to reach 30 GS. :)

It will be a close one between him and Rosol probably. :)

Seriously I don't know, maybe Nole.

#33 ·
Probably because he remains Slamless.

That said, there's a bit of truth to what you say. Although Murray being the player of the decade is a very, very, very unlikely scenario, it's still far more likely than 30yo (soon to be 31) Federer dominating for another decade.

#36 ·
Its a 2 way race between Rafa and Nole. Federer is done. Murray could a few more but let us see how he comes back.
As for new blood, its been coming for years and only Del potro and Murray cracked the GS wins.

GS wins wont be the only number to factor in. M1000, weeks nº1 WTF, DC Money earnings etc.

Im not suprised with Nole poll numbers, or Rafa´s but to think Federer has that many votes lets me know how biased mtf are...

#38 ·
I think Nadal will win 4-5 more slams while Nole will win 5-6 more. They'll be tied for around a total of 10 this decade.

Nadal to edge it since he'll equal/beat the vulture's record and go to wimbledon and take a piss on regina's golden handbag. Rise of the new goat ritual.

#39 · (Edited)
no love for Muzza :(. Somehow, he always gets neglected.

Anyway, voted for Nole but who the heck knows? Rafa is still going strong and some new kids will finally show up ...

p.s. It's killing me that Fed is 'by far' ahead of Rafa in this poll ... Now I wish I had voted for him :superlol:.

#41 ·
Classic MTF results :lol: Voted for Nadal to give him some boost :lol: 6 votes seem just too few.

Even though I'm tempted to say it's Federer since he's a better player than he was before ;)

#45 ·
Negative.

He will be the player of the 2020-2029 decade,way too unripe to peak for this one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.