Mens Tennis Forums banner

ITF names Djokovic player of the year 2013

11K views 175 replies 95 participants last post by  JamieBlake 
#1 ·
#153 ·
This is ridiculous. How can Nadal be overlooked for this award when he won more majors than Djokovic and also beat him in both of the majors they played each other in, and finished the ATP world number 1. If the ITF are going to include the tour finals for their decision (which is a tournament that is nothing to do with the ITF anymore) than they should also include the Masters 1000 series, which Nadal won 5 events in.

Im a netural fan and have no alliance to either. But it sounds to me that the bitter old ITF are still pissed of with some of Nadal's comments regarding their mis-management of drug testing & the Davis Cup

#168 ·
This is ridiculous. How can Nadal be overlooked for this award when he won more majors than Djokovic and also beat him in both of the majors they played each other in, and finished the ATP world number 1. If the ITF are going to include the tour finals for their decision (which is a tournament that is nothing to do with the ITF anymore) than they should also include the Masters 1000 series, which Nadal won 5 events in.

Im a netural fan and have no alliance to either. But it sounds to me that the bitter old ITF are still pissed of with some of Nadal's comments regarding their mis-management of drug testing & the Davis Cup
If that's the case, then no way ITF would name Djokovic as player of the year 2013. Only in November he ripped ITF for the handling of Troicki's drug test case.

#155 ·
Also hilarious considering a few Nadal trolls pretend they think Nadal is the GOAT even though Roger has 17 slams, Pete has 14 and he has 13. Now they think slam count is relevant?

This is why no one takes you seriously guys ;) I wish your trolling was a bit more obvious. I might start a topic "Is Nadal's 2013 one of the top 10 seasons in history" and I guarantee a few of them would vote yes. No subtlety at all, but that's just their young age :D :D :D

#158 ·
You really are the biggest troll of all these days. No one takes you seriously of course but you keep on posting all day, every day.

Nadal had a great year and every tennis analyst knows it. There's not one serious analyst who would trade his year for anyone else's and given that he was coming back from injury it makes it special...we all recall projections for a slamless year from Agassi and Wilander among others.

#160 ·
congrats nole, well deserved :yeah:

#164 ·
In tennis, as well as in other sports and life, nobody remembers the runner ups.
People only value the true champions, that is why the 2 Grand Slams that Nadal WON (beating Djoker twice, by the way) are no match for anything the Serb could have accomplished. He's got more points, far more titles (10 versus 7)more Grand Slams won and of course more Masters Series 1000 (5 vs.3). That is the reality.

At the end of the day, Rafa is the World Champion of 2013 and the one and only ATP No.1. No doubt whatsoever...

#167 ·
ITF know their tennis.Well deserved for No1e.

#169 ·
This is what the whole thread looks like to me, this is just a few examples of posters :)
This message is hidden because tribalfusion is on your ignore list.
This message is hidden because haasenqvistfan is on your ignore list.
This message is hidden because Roy Emerson is on your ignore list.

I bet them losing their shit is absolutely hilarious and hypocritical, considering all they do is troll. ITF knows tennis :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.