Wimbledon 2014 Tournament Discussion Thread - Page 92 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-09-2014, 10:25 PM   #1366
country flag barbadosan

barbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wimbledon 2014 Tournament Discussion Thread

Here's a documentary of the TMC exactly 10 years ago. I hope watching it if you've never seen it before, will help take the edge off Sunday's disappointment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1yer View Post
Olympics SIngles GOLD is the most important criteria for this.
If one doesnt have it - He aint elite - pure and simple
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher1985 View Post
So, Miloslav Mecir and Marc Rosset are elite, John McEnroe and Ival Lendl are not. Got you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusive Man View Post
So Massu > Djokovic, Federer, Lendl, McEnroe, and Sampras

Last edited by barbadosan : 07-09-2014 at 11:24 PM.
barbadosan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2014, 01:08 AM   #1367
country flag Panthera
A new Tennis fan...

Panthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you very much for the video
Panthera is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 11:44 PM   #1368
country flag alypen

alypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophocles View Post
Obviously a bitterly disappointing loss. I was expecting at least one of the players to come out & play his best tennis of the tournament: I was hoping it would be Federer, but in fact it was Djokovic. That must be close to the best he's ever played on grass. Incredibly clean ball-striking. Roger showed a great deal of fight & determination to take it to 5, especially when (in my opinion) Djokovic was the better player even for most of the 2 sets he lost.
My thoughts almost exactly. I don't think I've ever seen Novak play so well on grass: but still, if Roger had been playing at his level, I'm pretty sure he'd have won.
alypen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 02:56 AM   #1369
country flag Federerhingis

Federerhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond reputeFedererhingis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKT76 View Post
This, said that before too. More muscle is needed, not much but some. Federer was in much better shape back in 2011/2012. He can still be in top shape, just needs to do some more gym, get some power and drop all excess lard.
First of all, howdy to all my fellow tennis and Roger fans. I still love the game, and admire Roger's incredible talent for tennis.

Now I don't necessarily think he needs much Muscle mass, he needs to work on toning and working on resistance training to tighten and become possibly more explosive in the upper body but at almost 33 I think his latitude is not in his favor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Stevenett View Post
me too! I'm gutted.

Let's just say the women's final didn't go the way I wanted it to either so its been a difficult weekend to get over
I am sorry to hear that, I love Kvitova's game, and she's such a graceful sports woman. Yeah that massacre of Brazil was painful, but I knew that with Neymar or no non they would end up short against the prowess of Bayern's. Had there been a Kaka or two or a Ronaldinho that's a different story. I was hopeful that both Brazil and Roger would win but the odds weren't on their side.
However, I don't mind Novak's game, he is mighty talented, and Germany is so technically sound that you can't help but admire their discipline and talent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbadosan View Post
^^ Well after today's unbelievable scoreline against Brazil, I'm double gutted. Think I'm giving up on sports for a bit
I hear and feel you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie View Post
You summed it up perfectly Sophocles. Thank you. I'd always picked Djokovic to win Wimbledon this year and that Nadal would be out before the s/f which made me believe/hope Roger would get to the final.

I tried to convince myself the day before the final that Roger could beat Novak, but I wasn't successful. The fact that it went to a 5th set was a bonus for me as I'd taken the result to be Djokovic in 4 (as it could well have been).

Perhaps that's why I took the loss so well and felt nothing but pride for the way Roger fought to take it to a 5th.

Commiserations to Brazil soccer fans ...we don't watch football matches in our house but were so surprised when we flicked on briefly to see what the score was after 30 minutes.
I am of course disappointed, a nice round number like 18 would have sounded and felt so much better, but all credit to Novak, and none to take away from a valiant Roger. He showed what a great champion he is and how much Wimbledon and championships finals mean to him. Hopefully he truly isn't as gutted as he say's he's not.

all.
when he has done you no harm, Proverbs3:30"

So long Marat Safin, C'mon Lleyton Hewitt,Viel gluck Tommy Haas, Bring it on Marcos Baghdatis, Gut Spielen Nicolas Kiefer, Dale Fernando Gonzalez, Dale David Nalbandian, Davai Nikolay Davydenko and Allez Jo-Wilfried Tsonga

Roger continue marvelling us the tennis mortals

Roger Federer & Martina Hingis (TENNIS)
Federerhingis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 03:31 PM   #1370
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbadosan View Post
Here's a documentary of the TMC exactly 10 years ago. I hope watching it if you've never seen it before, will help take the edge off Sunday's disappointment.

SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote