Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who is more talented?

• G. Dimitrov

Votes: 29 28.2%
  • R. Nadal.

Votes: 74 71.8%

Who is more talented: Dimitrov or Nadal?

5K views 76 replies 54 participants last post by  Fastgrass 
#1 ·
I mean in terms of Tennis talent, excluding physical department in which Nadal leads by miles.

#5 ·
:facepalm: that I have to explain that.
Tennis talent: groundstrokes (FH, BH, serve, volley), tennis style

Everything in the physical department (muscles, stamina etc.) and everything in the mental department (tactics, behavior on court etc.) just do not belong here.

#13 ·
Who could possibly vote Dimitrov?

Nadal's FH, just watch it. You think anyone with some biceps and a long swing can hit that shot with that precision and that raquet speed and doing it on the run, sometimes on very hardhit shots from the opponent?

Please...

Dimitrov dont even got the talent to produce a great offensive weapon.

Reactions: Mimi
#16 ·
You didn't even had to use a extreme talented player like Dimitrov in your poll. Most of the OHBH players are more talented than Nadal, they have the talented to play with one hand, while Nadal has the talent to moonball and grind with two (and also the forehand).

Philipp Kohlschreiber and Mikhail Youzhny are more talented than Nadal. :shrug:

#18 ·
Forehand: Nadal
Backhand: Dimi
Serve: Dimi
Footwork: Dimi
Mental: Nadal
Net: Dimi
Slice: Dimi
Dropshot: Dimi
Stamina: Nadal
Speed: Nadal

This is my opinion, so dont judge people too hard who votes Dimi, as I can see the logic in that. Nadal is a hardworker, not everyone dedicates his entire life to tennis.
:spit: Nadal's top spin BH is clearly superior.

You also left out tons of stuff like point construction, defense, passing shots etc.

#23 ·
I laughed. both are talentless. tough call. but pick Nadull for being "the lesser of the two devils".

#32 ·
Dimitrov. He has much more talent in the way of the actual game. Nadal couldn't pull off the crazy shots he can.

#36 ·
Talent

noun
a special natural ability or aptitude:
a talent for drawing.
a capacity for achievement or success; ability:
young men of talent.
a talented person:
The cast includes many of the theater's major talents.
a group of persons with special ability:
an exhibition of watercolors by the local talent.
Movies and Television. professional actors collectively, especially star performers.
a power of mind or body considered as given to a person for use and improvement: so called from the parable in Matt. 25:14–30.
any of various ancient units of weight, as a unit of Palestine and Syria equal to 3000 shekels, or a unit of Greece equal to 6000 drachmas.

#37 ·
Of course Nadal.

#40 ·
Nadull anything else and your simply a Doctor Carpet or FedererBulgaria aka Divatards.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.