Mens Tennis Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)

159K views 5K replies 29 participants last post by  ProdigyEng 
#1 ·
So many posts, we went through that last one so fast :D

New chat thread :rocker:

#4 ·
We had some a few weeks ago, but nothing much, it's long gone :)

I don't think there's any in the forecast for the next week or so either, which I am pretty pleased about :D

#16 ·
Depends on the winter. This winter has been great so far. Today is 11c. It normally stays above freezing in the daytime and it is sunny and bright. Today I took off my cardigan while out for a walk. January is usually a bit dreary with more clouds. Some years it drops below zero F at night and stays below freezing during the day. Then the river nearly freezes over. But still less than 100 years ago the river froze solid in the winter and they drove heavy machinery on it. In the summer it nearly always gets up to 40c. And some summers even more. But it's not humid. Also it cools off at night. It's not unusual to have a 40 degree difference between an early summer day high and a nighttime low. So 100 in the day and then 60 in the early morning.

#20 ·
Morning :wavey:

Have to leave soon for another dim sum brunch with relatives :p on a Saturday. The noise will drive me crazy.

star, I took some pics finally. Not really good quality as I don't have a tripod and not a good photographer. I let the camera did all the work.

#27 ·
There aren't many or really any Indian tourists here.

Recently, we have had one family of Indians settle in town. I know this because one of the sons was recognized in the newspaper as an outstanding student in his graduating class, and I see his sister working in a local restaurant. I think the family are immigrants because the daughter speaks with an Indian accent.

And at first, I thought you were asking about the Navajos who live here. :lol:

#29 ·
New Jersey is one of the most ethnically and religiously diverse states in the country. As of 2011, 56.4% of New Jersey's population younger than age 1 were minorities.[44] It has the second largest Jewish population by percentage (after New York);[45] the second largest Muslim population by percentage (after Michigan); the largest population of Peruvian Americans in the United States; the largest population of Cubans outside of Florida; the third highest Asian population by percentage; and the third highest Italian population by percentage according to the 2000 Census. African Americans, Hispanics and Latinos, and Arabs are also high in number. It has the third highest Indian population of any state by absolute numbers.[46][47][48][49] It has the third largest Korean population, fourth largest Filipino population, and fourth largest Chinese population, per the 2010 U.S. Census. The five largest ethnic groups are: Italian (17.9%), Irish (15.9%), African (13.6%), German (12.6%), Polish (6.9%).
All in our tiny little state :lol:

What does this diversity lead to?

Delicious food :D :lol:

#36 ·
I could have sworn you told Twitter you were going to bed 15 min ago :p PopCon fever? :lol:

I want you to win :rocker:

*edit* apparently it was 45 min ago :p :lol:

#48 ·
:wavey: Joe

will be on an airplane in less than 21 hours and THIS IS NOT A HOLIDAY :lol: Main purpose is to accompany my mom home and met lots of relatives I have never met. Like some of the spouses of my cousins' children. Also some grandchildren of my cousins. They make me feel so old :eek:

I did not have any real sightseeing and spent most of my time eating with relatives. :lol: whatever time left, I follow my mom around :shrug:

But I do get away from my hubby and son. And this time, they miss me more than I miss them :lol:

#52 ·
No. Just traditional for Chinese. I am the visitor here so my cousins will take me and my mom to dim sum and then we have to return the favour. And since we are very tight-knitted, the whole gang, aka, all cousins and their extended families will be there. :lol:

We call this dim sum get together "drink tea" when translated literally.

#55 ·
Thks for all the votes from in here peeps, especially you Jessita.. that was the happiest part of 2012 pop for me, your comments :kiss::bigcry: and all the best to Georgie :bigwave:

Reactions: Lee
#60 ·
The newbies just seem so different. Not in a bad way or anything, just a lot different than my crew when I entered MTF :shrug: I don't know who I'm likely to be friends with out of them which is why I hide away here :lol: Some of them seem nice but I don't feel I have anything in common with them. AND WHY ARE NONE OF THEM NOLE FANS THAT HANG OUT HERE SO WE CAN GET TO KNOW THEM?

I like Nina, but she and I have never really talked, so I still went for our boy George. I like how we collect these boys who aren't even Nole fans and then keep them here forever :dance: This thread is like Hotel California or something :lol:

I think this is how people move on from MTF... they just start running out of people to talk to :rolls: This past year I might have moved on if I wasn't so addicted to playing Tennis Tipping and if I didn't have this ridiculous burning desire to end up the TT doubles GOAT (I AM SO CLOSE). I have most people on Facebook or on Twitter who I talk to regularly from the NFL fantasy league or from past chat threads :shrug:

#74 ·
It's bad though because I kind of think that dog is adorable :rolls:

This time of year I usually embrace my college basketball addiction, so I will probably go that route. Not adorable at all :p

#76 ·
Not too often really :scratch: I don't remember what I was using before I started using nothing :scratch: I have a few Troicki ones I enjoy.

In fact, I am probably best known as the only Troicki fan on the planet. Let me put one of him up instead :D

#77 ·
Tomorrow is my last day of work with normal hours, starting on Monday our extended holiday hours start. My store is not in a shopping area where having extended hours makes sense, so basically this is a huge waste of time.

Definitely not looking forward to it, and it will probably mess my sleep up even more :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.