Mens Tennis Forums banner

Henri Kontinen

44K views 214 replies 23 participants last post by  priqiao 
#1 ·
Let´s follow this young gun in his way to pro tour.

FINLAND
Born: 19/06/1990 (AGE:18)
Started playing tennis at age 3.
Likes hard court and can serve and volley too.
Best JR rkg: 4
Runner up in Wimbledon 2008 JR
QF in US OPEN 2008 JR
Runner up in European 2008 Juniors
Runner up in US OPEN 2008 doubles JR

Ranking: 1808sgl/dbl 572

Already played DC for Finland.
Won 1 future in doubles and was 2x runner up.

#3 ·
I hope, this thread will be one of the most popular))
Anyway, Good luck for Henry...This season will show his really ability.
I saw only his Wimbledon's final. The game was quite equal, but Dimitrov already is about 500. This fact gives me hope for bright future.

P.S. It will be great to see finnish doubles (Kontinen - Nieminen) in Tour. Do you know any similar examples at high level?

#8 ·
That's a shame. Not a great time for it to happen to him either.

#20 ·
you're right but I mean a guy like Berankis is top 100 already, so he automatically gets main draw entries,so it's a lot tougher for Henri to break into the top. Djokovic who is not a super talented player at 20 he played us open final. I really hope Kontinen breaks into top 100 by the end of this year.

#21 ·
he´s having some problems with injuries.this year, he should play the qualies in wimbledon, he can do some damage there :)

#26 ·
Henkka won 61 62 against Dupuis. Nice win against a decent opponent. Next up the winner of Slabinsky vs Trinker.

#27 ·
It will be Trinker, he already won, but for some reason they don't have it result ITFsite nor tournamentsite.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.