Cincinnati F: Nadal def. Isner 7-6(8) 7-6(3) - Page 22 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-22-2013, 03:10 PM   #316
country flag monmororin

monmororin has a reputation beyond reputemonmororin has a reputation beyond reputemonmororin has a reputation beyond reputemonmororin has a reputation beyond reputemonmororin has a reputation beyond reputemonmororin has a reputation beyond reputemonmororin has a reputation beyond reputemonmororin has a reputation beyond reputemonmororin has a reputation beyond reputemonmororin has a reputation beyond reputemonmororin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cincinnati F: Nadal def. Isner 7-6(8) 7-6(3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick López View Post
Long time lurker here. I'd like to give my two cents as for the relentless bashing of some players on this board, as it's gotten to a point where it becomes a nightmare to read this forum, and IMO posting quality has drastically decreased over the last months.

It must be hard to be a butthurt hater. I mean, I remember when I disliked LeBron James -I'm a big basketball fan too-. Every time I saw him and his team win, it upset me. It wasn't long ago when I realized that by hating someone I don't know I was making a fool of myself and, most importantly as a sports fan, my senseless hatred of him rendered me unable to enjoy one of the greatest in the game.

Honestly, folks. If you really love this sport, you should stop hating living legends like Nadal. I'm not saying you all should become fans straight away. There are always players we can't like for some reason. But they at least deserve their due credit and respect. Nadal is one of those few players people will always remember. He's one of the greatest. He's having a great influence on the game, and that calls for respect.

[..]

As for the match, great effort by Isner. He may lack the tools to become a star, but he definitely knows how to use the ones he's got and he played a virtually perfect match against Nadal. Kudos to him. He was as close to winning as is anyone against this freak Nadal is when on fire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi View Post
its win or lose, of course there is no angel on court while you fight for yoru monies and title
indeed
But just a moment when he wins a match, his face turns to like an angel for me. Love his smile.