Mens Tennis Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rafachat - vol. 79. Who cares about the AO? SA slam to start very soon! Bamos!

283K views 5K replies 49 participants last post by  acionescu 
#1 · (Edited)
#2,705 ·
Re: Rafachat - vol. 79. Rafa to win the WSOP next year! Bamos! :rocker2:

I saw a printed quote from his mother that Ernests had a really deep confidence crisis this year, he doesn't like the tour life much (traveling all the time) and he was seriously considering retiring. But then he talked with some buddies of his (some tennis players and some not) and apparently he decided that he should use the talent that God has given him after all. So now he's trying hard to get back into the top 100 for the AO. He had that leg injury that derailed him a bit so I don't know if he'll manage it. But he definitely seems to be trying to give one more push to his career :yeah:

#2,706 ·

Does anybody else have problems getting to the first page of threads (which is particularly annoying if there's only one page)?

Example, in the section "Site Discussions & News - Bug/Error Reporting & Questions", I want to open the thread "Site keeps hanging" to see what admins say about it, but...that thread keeps hanging. :shrug:

#2,707 ·

Does anybody else have problems getting to the first page of threads (which is particularly annoying if there's only one page)?

Example, in the section "Site Discussions & News - Bug/Error Reporting & Questions", I want to open the thread "Site keeps hanging" to see what admins say about it, but...that thread keeps hanging. :shrug:
I haven't experienced anything like that and I just opened the thread you mentioned without problems. Maybe it's a browser issue. The thread doesn't give any answers either. Some people in that thread say that the ATP site sucks :lol: (which it does)

#2,718 ·

I haven't completely abandoned the thread. :awww: I read the hot potato conversation, saw that Maria (and Evita?) have already gotten snow, saw that Hilde restrained herself from telling off a Walloon :)speakles:), etc.

We're getting some of Hurricane Sandy right now as well as overnight and tomorrow but my city won't get the worst of it. Hope WG and Hema have battened down the hatches, as my Navy grandfather used to say.

#2,721 ·

On the downside, I lost a molar. :sad: The poor thing had impressive roots with 3 strong hooks holding on for dear life but it had to go. :sad: I will need dental work to bridge the gap so I'll know where my 13th month pay (= bonus) will go. :( Expensiiiiiiiive.
My teeth are of a crap quality, sadly. If you add the amount of money my parents spent on it with the amount I've spent on it, you get a small fortune. My dentist said that the work I've had done as a teenager to correct my teeth affected the quality of my teeth badly. Makes sense, you wiggle and move those teeth around until they have the correct position but it can't be good for the teeth themselves.

On the upside, shortly, I'll have a 1,5 week off. :bounce:

The Frankenstorm images from the East Coast are impressive.

#2,722 ·

I'm worried about petru's teeth too. He ignored completely his incisives which were moving and he didnt help them move at all and when they fell ( read that when we went to the dentist to remove them :eek:) the new teeth were already growing. Now his two up incisives are horrendously bad placed and a little overlapping :sobbing: The dentist told me to wait for correcting them and that maybe it's not gonne be needed but i'm not very hopeful. The problem is that i heard from multiple sources that those tools that they used to correct teeth position are terribly damaging in other aspects :(

#2,724 ·

The problem is that i heard from multiple sources that those tools that they used to correct teeth position are terribly damaging in other aspects :(
Apparently so. :sad: I hope your son can do without the damn braces and tools (I had 4 contraptions).

In my case, I had no choice but to get my teeth corrected. The dentist described what my teeth and mouth would look like at the age of 17 or so without correction and that made that decision easy.

I have some allregic rash instead, I've never had such rashes before, :tape: So I'm going to the dermatologist, private of course, wonder if she'll help in any way. My GP advised me to go the dermatologist though, not to an allergist. :shrug: I wonder if those allergy tests would show anything helpful? :eek: Any insight Hilde? Although you've hardly had anything to do with the rashes.
Are you kidding, my skin allergy lives on rashes. :lol: My skin makes a sport out of creating bumps (preferably entire plateaus) and rashes (luckily, the medication can prevent most of it).

I'm not the best person to ask about dermatologists just because I had bad, bad experiences with many of them. (my respect for them is low). I know more about my skin condition than most doctors do (which is not bragging, but just a fact, it's a mysterious condition) so I know when they're talking nonsense but they don't accept criticism from somebody without a medical degree.

Anyway, back to you:
If you have a skin rash, your dermatologist should be able to help you, though.

#2,723 · (Edited)

:unsure: Uhhhh. So it could be even good I didn't have brackets.
JM had ones just last year or so?

I have some allergic rash instead, I've never had such rashes before, :tape: So I'm going to the dermatologist, private of course, wonder if she'll help in any way. My GP advised me to go the dermatologist though, not to an allergist. :shrug: I wonder if those allergy tests would show anything helpful? :eek: Any insight Hilde? Although you've hardly had anything to do with the rashes.

#2,728 ·

Rafa already has a gold medal and single not the worthless double scrap metal. I think he best just focus on humiliating his friend Roger a couple more times. We all know that beating Roger is more important then any title. Future no.1 told so.

#2,731 ·

I swear to God, if he gets back happy and healthy I'll conscientiously watch all his matches to their bitter end, even the ones vs Nole :sobbing:

Rafa Nadal, as a religious experience :D

After all, martyrdom is an experience and is religious, no? :eek:

#2,732 ·

Alive and well. :D

Lost power for 48 hours and just got it back but otherwise everything's mostly fine where I live.

#2,745 ·

Hema :hug:

I was more worried for the hurricane meeting you, tbh :p
The way I am now, it certainly didn't have enough strength to blow me away.

Thank God Hema. :D :hug:
The devastation has been huge though. :sad:
Yup. Actually, went around my town and we are one of the lucky few to get power back. 2 mile long queues at gas stations, most grocery stores closed and fresh food and milk not available anywhere. And my town is about 50 miles northwest of the coast, so not even close to being the most impacted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.