News & Articles about Grigor - Page 43 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-06-2015, 11:38 AM   #631
country flag CCTennis

CCTennis has a reputation beyond reputeCCTennis has a reputation beyond reputeCCTennis has a reputation beyond reputeCCTennis has a reputation beyond reputeCCTennis has a reputation beyond reputeCCTennis has a reputation beyond reputeCCTennis has a reputation beyond reputeCCTennis has a reputation beyond reputeCCTennis has a reputation beyond reputeCCTennis has a reputation beyond reputeCCTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: News & Articles about Grigor

Rasheed's interview (using Google Translation from Spanish)

Punto de Break.com
05 May 2015

Roger Rasheed: "I changed Dimitrov tennis completely"

We have a wonderful exclusive interview with Roger Rasheed who discusses his pupil Grigor Dimitrov, the mental power and many more interesting things.

When you take a few seconds talking with Roger Rasheed you realize why it has led many players to be the best in the world. Tennis understands as few do and when you pull the interview with him can not help a small smile of how inspiring and motivating it is the words of the Australian coach. He speaks of his player, Grigor Dimitrov and how worked with him to be in the top 10 in the world. Mental power that always used with their pupils and how important is this in the courts. Of young Australians and more. Unmissable.

Rasheed were in the room for players. The coach is looking at some things on your laptop and when he sees me, gets up and shakes my hand firmly and strongly. If impresses on TV, imagine in person. Talk with him is super rich. To take hours and hours. Only for tennis lovers.

How is Dimitrov after his defeat in Istanbul? How to get to Madrid?

It's a tough loss but you have to move on. Now you get to Madrid, new tracks, new tournament, new sensations ... Now just look at the following tournaments.

Dimitrov said he had used up two different rackets in recent months and was trying to find the perfect for him.

Well, you have to evolve with the game. The racket that he was using last year, and he used in previous years is 20 years. With the new racket we are trying to find the one that gives more benefits to his game and has been experimenting with some and appears to be doing well and now have to play a lot with it to fit 100%.

But what is exactly what he is looking for with the new?

The pattern string is different, the head is larger and has more power. The one he used was very old and did not generate enough force to knock.

It is similar to Federer?

The shape is similar to the head but the racket itself is totally different.

Last year he finally managed to enter the top 10 but it seems that still needs a little extra to keep climbing. What do you think he needs?

Enter the top 10 does not mean you change everything. You have to do is repeat the actions that made for a period of time and go step by step. Time. It's all about time. Not everything is like last year rose 30 to 10. Now there are new things, more expectations on my part and his. Just follow developing his game and eventually ranking will match your performance. Right now it's not like we had last year but hey, everything is fine, do not panic.

What do you think should improve your pupil now?

He needs to improve his returns. Dimitrov does not return as Djokovic, Murray and Nishikori, who are best are doing now. The return should improve completely. This will make it better in games. But not only this, there are many more areas. Mentally and physically well. There is not a single area of ​​your game that you are 100% happy.

So it's not one thing, it is a global.

The return is what worries me but every part of his game is in continuous development. Do not make major changes, but develop each.

Why do you think that it is not achieving good results in this 2015 unlike last year?

Racket influences change much. That takes time. Federer took six months to get used to the new racket.

Do you think his extra-sporting life also might be distracting right now with his relationship with Sharapova and all the media spotlight on them?

No, I see him well. I've been away three weeks, I was at home but I see him focused on tennis. About his personal life I can not comment.

What has changed in tennis of Grigor since you started working with him?

(Thinks for a few seconds) Everything completely (laughs). First thing I did was to teach him what it takes to be a top 10. Even what it takes to be a top player, to win Grand Slams and be No. 1. We educated. Once he understood all that, we implemented all the work that must be done and work the physique to become stronger.

So education is before the physical?

Yes, first you have to make him understand what it takes to be up there. You have to know how to use your game efficiently. A player like Dimitrov has many options and needs to understand how to use his game. This was one of the biggest things that I had to teach, how to be a great professional in the track. I changed his style and the way he worked the points, which is something we are working now. But education is basic and is not negotiable.

You changed the style. Before he was more aggressive.

Yes. Now still it is but before the most played at many points. That makes you make more mistakes and chaining many followed makes you go to a match.

A couple of weeks ago, Dimitrov said in an interview that your relationship was a little situation "delicate" . How are you today?

Our relationship? It is perfect.

All right then?

100% good.

Changing the subject a little, worked with Hewitt, Monfils, Tsonga ... you took all the top 10 but when left to work with them, fell in the ranking. You seem to have the formula for success ...

Do I have it? (Laughs).

That seems. Why do you think it went down in the rankings after you?

(Thinks a moment) My pattern of teaching is physical but mainly mental.

People think otherwise, you work more physical than mental.

That's because they don't know me. They see me and think strong and what is not (laughs). A very important part of the player is the physical, then the court, but more importantly, mentally. What most. Most of my work focuses on the mental. Not only in tennis, I also do the same with Olympians and entrepreneurs. And this is another thing that I talked to these players before training them.

Do what exactly?

I train if you are interested in being the best player you can be. If you just want to be a player circuit and being there and not being better every day, I'm not coach for you. I like working with people who want to be the best. And this is my formula. And not only applies to courts, but for all sports. I have worked with other athletes and it worked. But then, one day they get tired of this mental requirement that requires you so much and that change of mentality, not getting up every day and work is what made them fall in the rankings, probably.

Wow!

Yes, an example of someone who works in the mental every day is Nadal. Since I was little so far, always does the same. It has a prodigious mind.

Who do you think is stronger mentally, Nadal or Djokovic?

Rafa, no doubt.

But now Novak is much stronger mentally than the Spanish.

But Djokovic when he was young was not nearly as strong-minded it was Nadal. Young Rafa was very strong thing is that Djokovic has managed to change that and have to give all the credit to Serbian. He has learned to use his mind as a weapon. The mind is the most powerful weapon that exists.

http://www.puntodebreak.com/2015/05/...itrov-completo
CCTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2015, 12:30 PM   #632
country flag BlueWater

BlueWater has a reputation beyond reputeBlueWater has a reputation beyond reputeBlueWater has a reputation beyond reputeBlueWater has a reputation beyond reputeBlueWater has a reputation beyond reputeBlueWater has a reputation beyond reputeBlueWater has a reputation beyond reputeBlueWater has a reputation beyond reputeBlueWater has a reputation beyond reputeBlueWater has a reputation beyond reputeBlueWater has a reputation beyond repute

Interview with Grigor Dimitrov by Gaetta dello Sport
No, it is not easy, poor Grisha. Because always in the sea of fans seeking autographs will find someone shouted out "And say hello to Maria." For Dimitrov is not easy to be a boyfriend of Maria Sharapova because victories on the court are not the only thing people are interested. Under №11 in the world (even reached №8), his nickname is Baby Federer, indicating what his qualities. Grigor gave an extensive interview with the "Gazzetta dello Sport".

- Grigor, how you deal with stress can have such a connection, that is popular around the world?
I try to talk about it as much as possible less. If you ask me something after the game, I expect to be on my game, win or lose, not my personal life. Otherwise I considered a violation of my privacy.

- This is not easy in a world that is obsessed with social networking.
It is. Today, everybody knows everything about everybody. I fortunately little use social networks. I do not care to read what others say about me.

- Last year in Rome did you come to the semifinal and then all summer seemed to get closer to major in sports. How do you feel now?
The problem is that I am very ambitious and always set very high goals. Of course, so do they and rivals. A form can be improved or declined. Remains one sure thing: you have to work hard to reach the highest level, and to stay there.

- In this tournament the last 10 years won or Nadal or Djokovic. Could this time be different name to the winner?
My. Why not?

- How to win these two?
We are talking about two of the best players in history. This is difficult to achieve. I know I need to improve my performance and my goal is to improve and ranking from last year. Which means that you have to get to the finish. This will be difficult. To win here would be nice.

- Do you like Rome?
Exclusive city. For the short time I have to deal with it during the tournament, very loving.History.

- In the second round Fognini meeting for the third time in a month. You win it twice. What do you think of him?
He manages to be two different people on and off the court. Sometimes the game is weird, but seems perfectly newspaper boy. Above all, he is talented and has the ability to cope with all situations during a match. I respect him a lot.

- Are you afraid that the audience may have a role during the match?
I see no problems. Correctly audience in Italy to support his player. In Rome, the atmosphere is always special. Very nice and always serious when you have to face a rival that fans support.

- The most likely track and women's tennis ... Who will win?
I believe that Maria and Serena are the strongest competitors. With the most experience.Those who can not cope with difficult situations. They are the favorites, but here surprises are not excluded.

- What loves doing Dimitrov, when not part of a tournament?
I know it's hard to imagine it, but I like to stay home. Watch TV. Before I used to ride a bike, but now, with this way of life can not, it is very difficult.

- What would you do if you had not become a tennis player?
It is difficult to say. Maybe something related to sports. My mother is a volleyball player and this is a sport that I like. But I think tennis is in my blood. My father is a coach and was the first to teach me. I remember little of hitting the ball against the wall for a long time every day. I was 3 years old.

- Your father gave you this incredible backhand with one hand?
Yes. He loves this attack. I have not tried other. It was his first goal since it became clear that he would try to become a professional tennis player.

- Outside of tennis, what sport competition excites you the most?
Surely matches NBA. This is a great spectacle. I admire Kobe Bryant and LeBron James. They are outstanding athletes. Incredible champions. I live in Los Angeles and often when I have time, I go in the room "Steypal Sentar4.

- Who is the toughest opponent for you?
Nadal, of course.

- Did you have an idol as a child?
How not to admire Federer? And besides, I have the honor and pride I'm his friend now. As a boy I loved Safin.

- And now?
My favorite tennis player is Grigor Dimitrov.

Translation:
http://grigor-dimitrov-tenis.blogspot.com/

Last edited by BlueWater : 05-13-2015 at 12:34 PM.
BlueWater is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 04:09 PM   #633
country flag bbr1979

bbr1979 is on a distinguished road

http://grigor-dimitrov-tenis.blogspo...cipate-in.html
bbr1979 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 05:06 PM   #634
country flag CCTennis

CCTennis has a reputation beyond reputeCCTennis has a reputation beyond reputeCCTennis has a reputation beyond reputeCCTennis has a reputation beyond reputeCCTennis has a reputation beyond reputeCCTennis has a reputation beyond reputeCCTennis has a reputation beyond reputeCCTennis has a reputation beyond reputeCCTennis has a reputation beyond reputeCCTennis has a reputation beyond reputeCCTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Some news about his future racquet (from Tennis Warehouse forum)

Here what the OP said :

"Wilson releasing PS97S for Grigor Dimitrov (specs included)
05-13-2015, 09:11 PM

Unstrung specs:

Head size: 97"
Weight: 310g
Balance: 33.5cm
Lenght: 27"
String Pattern: 18x17
Beam width: 19.5mm flat beam

Cosmetics look like the PS97 except the Wilson logos at the throat and W and Pro Staff writing on the head are gold instead of silver.

I have pictures but TW would delete the thread pretty quickly if I were to post them...."

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forum...specs-included
CCTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 06:03 AM   #635
country flag BlueWater

BlueWater has a reputation beyond reputeBlueWater has a reputation beyond reputeBlueWater has a reputation beyond reputeBlueWater has a reputation beyond reputeBlueWater has a reputation beyond reputeBlueWater has a reputation beyond reputeBlueWater has a reputation beyond reputeBlueWater has a reputation beyond reputeBlueWater has a reputation beyond reputeBlueWater has a reputation beyond reputeBlueWater has a reputation beyond repute

FRENCH FRUSTRATIONS
By Sport Magazine @Sportmaguk

SARAH SHEPHARD
DATE
May 21st| 2015

Painful. That’s how Grigor Dimitrov described his first- round exit at Roland Garros last year.
The straight-sets defeat to giant-serving Ivo Karlovic played on his mind for weeks, fuelling his motivation going into the grass-court season.
It turned out to be a useful tactic, with the Bulgarian number one securing his first title on grass at Queen’s before reaching his first Grand Slam semi final at Wimbledon. It is not, however, a tactic he wishes to repeat at this year’s tournament, which begins on Sunday.
“I expect a lot from myself,” he says when we meet in the handsome surrounds of the Monte Carlo Country Club. “In a way it’s a burden, but at the same time I feel like I want to perform at my best every week. I didn’t do well at the French Open last year, so it is one of the tournaments I really want to focus on this season.”
Having high expectations comes with the territory when you have been living with the nickname ‘Baby Fed’ since you were 18 and your girlfriend is a former world number one with five Grand Slam titles to her name. But the 24-year-old’s determination to succeed dates back further than both of these inflictions (because dating Maria Sharapova must be such a hardship).
It was his ambitious attitude that prompted Dimitrov to leave home for a tennis academy in Barcelona at the age of 15, and that later in his career led him to employ Roger Rasheed – a man renowned for pushing players to their physical limits – as his coach.
“I’m never afraid of work,” says Dimitrov with a wry smile, for he knows that if he is to reach the standards predicted of him for so many years, the work has only just begun. And he might find himself similarly motivated for Roland Garros as he did for Wimbledon last year: he crashed out of the Italian Open to Fabio Fognini in the second round last week – with a third-set bagel.

Men’s tennis has been dominated by a select few since you joined the tour. Does that make it hard to stay motivated?
“It’s motivating. I’ve got respect for all those players. At the moment, they’re just better. I hate to think that, but their experience sets them apart. The one thing everyone forgets is that yes, we work a lot and we’re younger – but at the time we are working, they work too. So they never sit on the same level. Everyone thinks that they’ve matched their potential, but no. Developing is part of life. We have to remember that.”

The French Open was the only Slam where you failed to improve last year. Is clay your least favourite surface?
“Well, I grew up on clay so I don’t dislike it. But it always takes a bit of time to adjust. That’s the same for everyone. If you’re lucky enough to get a good draw early on in the clay season, then you can get a few matches under your belt and build a bit of confidence. If not, then it’s a bit of a struggle to find your form.”

You must have watched a lot of tennis growing up, with your dad as your first coach. What’s the first match you remember?
“I remember the 1999 Wimbledon final: Pete Sampras versus Andre Agassi. It’s one of my vivid memories – sitting in front of the TV with my dad watching Sampras diving all over the court. My dad didn’t have the opportunity to turn professional, so I guess he transferred all his knowledge and effort into me.”

Did you look up to any one player in particular?
“Not really. I know I resemble some players here and there, but I’ve never tried to base my game on anyone. I always thought I had a different style, a different way of playing and thinking. Early on I was more interested in learning the game than following what this guy does or that guy does. I just did what came naturally to me after that.”

You were just 15 when you left home for the Sanchez-Casal Academy in Barcelona [where Andy Murray also developed his game]. How tough was that experience?
“At the time I didn’t think it was that big a decision, but now I look back and I’m like: ‘Wow. I didn’t know anyone there or speak the language.’ But when you’re in an academy it is easier to fit in because there’s a lot of other kids around and lots of activities going on. Soon enough, though, everyone gets on your case because they know you’re playing well. They start to look at you a little differently. One of the things I’m happy with is that I always kept my composure as a person off the court; I never had my head too high or too low. It was a very good learning process.”

Does that experience toughen you up mentally for life as a senior professional on the tour?
“Not at all. It actually spoils you a little bit because at the academy you know that every day you have to go to this court for practice, then you have to see this fitness coach for that, then you go back to your dorm. Everything is scheduled and organised for you. You don’t have to do anything. On the tour, you’re on your own. You have to get your rackets sorted, book a practice court, find a hitting partner – that puts enormous pressure on you. But, in a way, I liked it. It was good to hang out with other people.”

You have worked with Roger Rasheed for almost two years. Was his focus on fitness a key reason for you teaming up?
“I knew that he was big on fitness but I didn’t know the quantity of it [laughs]. It turned out pretty good, though. I’ve grown my game and I have grown physically, which was important. One of the things I told him before we started working together was that I’m never afraid of work. He was actually laughing at that statement at the time, but I backed it up. It’s pretty simple stuff that has made a difference, and now I’ve reached a level in my fitness where I’m really solid and I know how far I can push myself. In a way there’s no secrets for me.”

What has been your best match of your career so far?
“I would definitely rate my match against Andy Murray last year at Wimbledon [in the quarter finals]. One of the first times you come out on court like that against a player like Andy – he’s the defending champion and it’s his home, so it’s one of those moments you just remember. To be able to go out there and play a match like that was one of my greatest efforts so far.”

Was it a case of rising to the occasion?
“I was just so locked in. I wasn’t bothered by anything around me. Sometimes you have days like that and, when you have them, you have to seize the moment. The scariest part was that I knew it even before the match. I wasn’t nervous or anything. I just went out there knowing that I was going to play well. Some things are just inevitable if you think that way.”

What about the flipside – a match you never want to watch again?
“Against Roger Federer, this year in Brisbane [which Dimitrov lost 6-2, 6-2]. I just played really badly. But I do watch these matches again.
I think you need to. It’s healthy to watch them and learn what you can do or change for the next time.”

What did you take from that particular defeat?
[Laughs] “Never play like that again.”

http://www.sport-magazine.co.uk/feat...h-frustrations

Last edited by BlueWater : 05-22-2015 at 06:08 AM.
BlueWater is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote