Mens Tennis Forums banner

Top Spin 4 yet to sell 1 million copies WW, will we see Top Spin 5?

39K views 138 replies 43 participants last post by  Htom Sirveaux 
#1 ·
Since it's release in March 2011, Top Spin 4 is yet to sell even 1 million copies over the 3 gaming formats. In comparison, Top Spin 3 has sold over 1.5 million over the 3 gaming formats.

TOPSPIN 4 SALES to date..

Wii....115,660
Xbox...335,057
PS3....535,515

Will we see a Top Spin 5? Is this considered a flop?

#47 ·
I love Top Spin 4, play it all the time! My favourite tennis game :)

#48 ·
Not interested in Topspin 5 if "tacticians" like Mark Lenders are allowed to thrive with their antics again.

#51 ·
Basically you hit ridiculous angles and that's it. Or you serve out wide and then hit another angle.

Also people who are serve bot abusers.

Angles op, Power op.

#50 ·
What I dislike most about Top Spin 4 is the lag in some online matches. It's like I hit the stroke, it pauses, and then the opponent has hit a winner past me. I don't know if it's manipulation of the connection or what. If it happens on a single point near the start, I'll just leave. Then I get messages of abuse :lol:

#52 ·
It's a great game. My created Nalbandian and Llodra clean up online.

It is immensely frustrating at times, 90% of opponents are either complete ballbashers or angle freaks. I honestly prefer playing pushers online to those. Love taking apart Roddick/Becker/Agassi time after time though.

I'd like a proper edit mode and the elite players should be way better than the likes of Blake and Wawrinka, they're all too close statistically. Add a mental statistic too or something.

#55 ·
It's a great game. My created Nalbandian and Llodra clean up online.

It is immensely frustrating at times, 90% of opponents are either complete ballbashers or angle freaks. I honestly prefer playing pushers online to those. Love taking apart Roddick/Becker/Agassi time after time though.

I'd like a proper edit mode and the elite players should be way better than the likes of Blake and Wawrinka, they're all too close statistically. Add a mental statistic too or something.
I don't play anymore, but I'm curious about your Nalbandian. Who's your coach and what are his stats?

#56 ·
Coach was Mario Dipesa

Stats

FH: 69
BH: 86
Serve: 59
Volley: 39
Power: 72
Stamina: 79
Speed: 73
Reflexes: 63

It's not perfect, I'd like the BH to be even higher and the volleying better but I think it's mostly a good Fit Dave. I can hit plenty of winners from either wing and the net play isn't too bad with the reflexes. Don't really play that much either these days.

I've also created Gonzalez, Kuerten, Haas. Good times.

#70 ·
Wake me up when Hass is DLC.

#77 ·
Are there any tennis games coming to XBOX One? Anyone play Kinect Sports tennis? Is it good? Why can't XBOX One offer downloads of old games on XBOX One now that you can store it on the XBOX? I'm pressed.

I think I'm going to buy and original XBOX + original Top Spin. That game was amazing :sobbing:

#78 ·
hopeless at the game, the amount of times I have been humiliate by superior housemates using Sampras, disgusting joke.

Put it on clay once and pushed, that showed them :rocker2:

tennis games lack the market to generate repeat series too often.

#80 ·
Serve bombs, moves like a viper, obscene forehand and cat like at the net, maybe my friend is good (I sure am terrible) but its impossible, the guy is a utter tank.

#81 ·
The only thing I didn't like about TopSpin 1 was how easy risk shots were... I never played them, it made it too boring.

I honestly don't know how Top Spin 4 had such good reviews. Ugly strokes, and it was so easy to hit winners off the slice, it was stupid. None of the strokes looked good. The player creator was awful and made everyone look tired and gaunt. You couldn't even come close to making them look like the pros. Ugh. That said - I'd buy it again for XBOX ONE!!!

Why is no one making one? They need to make one while Nadal, Federer, Serena and Sharapova are still playing :unsure:

#82 ·
My updated Roster because I'm bored :sobbing:

ATP: Federer, Nadal, Djokovic, Murray, Nishikori, Tsonga, Dimitrov, Kyrgios [7 Standard, 1 Newcomer]
WTA: Serena, Sharapova, Kvitova, Wozniacki, Ivanovic, Radwanska, Bouchard, Bencic [7 Standard, 1 Newcomer]

And then 8 spare spaces for 32 available downloadable players, which are unlocked with achievements.

ATP: Wawrinka, Cilic, Berdych, Raonic, Monfils, Del Potro [6 Current]
WTA: Azarenka, Halep, Venus, Jankovic, Pennetta, Stosur[6 Current]
ATP: McEnroe, Agassi, Sampras, Borg, Lendl, Safin, Roddick, Kuerten, Philippoussis, Rafter [10 Past]
WTA: Evert, Navratilova, Graf, Hingis, Kournikova, Li, Davenport, Capriati, Henin, Clijsters [10 Past]

Use the players actual strokes, and then you'll have 24 options for male/female player creator in FH/BH and serve :hearts:

I'll take Kournikova's FH, Hingis' BH and Davenport's serve :inlove::inlove::inlove:

#83 ·
What's the point of having different players with only 3/4 ugly random FH/BH techniques in the whole fucking game? So fucking annoying. Only Nadal has similar BH/FH techniques to the real Nadal. The others all play the same. In NBA, there are 876543456 different techniques in shooting/FT/etc. LeBron plays like LeBron. Durant plays like Durant and the same case with many others. I enjoy playing basketball more than tennis on PS3 for that reason to be honest.

#84 ·
Yeah they got pretty lazy. Minus Roddick's serve, basically everything is the same.

Although one thing I have to admit is awesome about Top Spin 4 is that it taught me how to slice and how to serve and volley, in real life :lol:.

#85 ·
Still no news, and because I was so desperate to enjoy a new tennis game I went and bought a Kinect for my XBOX ONE so I could play tennis through Kinect Sports. TAKE MY ADVICE - DO NOT EVEN BOTHER IT IS SO SHIT I CANT EVEN DEAL! I SAID TO MYSELF THAT IF IT WAS AS GOOD AS Wii SPORTS TENNIS I WOULD BE HAPPY BUT SOMEHOW IT'S INFINITELY WORSE! IT'S EVEN FAR WORSE THAN GRAND SLAM TENNIS ON THE WII! AVOID!

Please someone make Top Spin 5 with downloadable Kournikova, Hingis, Dokic, Nalbandian, Borg and Safin :sobbing:

#86 ·
The studio that made Top Spin 4 is closed and its workers moved to other studios. Suffice it to say, if there ever will be another Top Spin it sure won't be from the same developers.

#87 ·
Tennis Elbow is coming to Steam!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.