Mens Tennis Forums banner

Kei's grand slam record

679 views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  Mountaindewslave 
#1 ·
As much as I like Kei i have to admit that he has a pretty poor record in grand slams for someone thats supposed to be a top player and future slam winner. Only one quarter final and only 4 times has he even made the second week in 19 appearances. 3 of his deep runs have been at the australian open. He's 24 years old so still , potentially he has a good number of years ahead of him if he can stay healthy. Still though so far he's really only ever been a regular performer at the australian open.

Is this something that will improve or will he forever be a non factor at slams?

#4 ·
Nishikori is not a future slam winner. A future potential top player? Of course, I'm sure he'll have a rather good career and a good amount of titles. Slams though? I severely doubt that...

#7 ·
Cool stat for the Early 90's Gen (have to say JJ might be really bad right now but he does seem to go deeper at Slams for some reason -- surprised he has more wins than Dimitrov even if he was just in the Main Draw I presume for just that much! :eek:)

#6 ·
Place Kei in Nadal's quarter@ USO or as 4th round @ Wimbledon and see the results if anyone wants to doubt his stamina/talent.

#8 ·
kind of weak physically so I think he just gets worn out before the second week, happens to a lot of players. but particularly with Nishikori look at his build- he's a great fighter and ballstriker but his build is that of a teenage boy (or tall girl)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.