Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who will have the better career?

Who will have a better career out of Janowicz and Dimitrov?

14K views 184 replies 76 participants last post by  zjtennis 
#1 ·
And who is currently better?

For me the answer is Janowicz, to both questions.

Dimitrov has a flashy game but his slam results are woeful, only made a slam 3rd round ONCE in his entire career, whilst JJ has now made the 3rd round 4 out of 5 slams he has played.

JJ also has a MS1000 Final to his name through qualifiers, whilst Dimitrov has only made Brisbane Final.

Discuss.

#2 · (Edited)
And Jerzy Jagger made the 2nd week of a major, something Dimugtrov will never do considering he can't even beat Zemjla with a kabillion break point chances:superlol:

Jerzy is and will always be better than Muggor:yeah:

Is this thread really necessary? Anyone with half a brain can see Jerzy is way more complete player and will only get better...Muggor has a bounty of issues and problems to work on; no comparison:shrug:

#23 ·
Is this thread really necessary? Anyone with half a brain can see Jerzy is way more complete player and will only get better...Muggor has a bounty of issues and problems to work on; no comparison:shrug:
Remember that hate blids many people´s eyes and they cannot accept the greatness of Jerzy.

Both are talantless mugs. Both will have a pathetic career.
See?

#3 ·
I don't like either of their personalities at all. Janowicz is quite interesting to watch sometimes and is definitely far more accomplished. The only way Dimitrov could end up better is if he somehow dramatically improves his movement 10 fold and becomes a pusher like figure who only attacks when necessary or when playing useless opponents.

#173 ·
Dimugtrov is only hyped by his Estonian countrymen. Guy is a journeyman with all of Nose's weaknesses and none of his strengths.
The Russian will certainly have a better career than the Estonian.
Both are talantless mugs. Both will have a pathetic career.
Remember that hate blids many people´s eyes and they cannot accept the greatness of Jerzy.

See?
Dimitrov should consider a change of career
I like neither player but it's clear that Janowicz has way more talent than the other guy.

Playboy is the single most overrated player in the history of the sport. He has no business being a top player and should rather try to make a living of imitating Federer in exhibitions once Fed has retired.
Some epic comments in the thread 1st pages. :lol:

#12 ·
Trolling aside, Janowicz is getting the upper hand right now. We'll see how that continues

#13 ·
end of the year ranking to decide?

my bet is Dimitrov being higher ranked.

And my crystal ball works only within the limits of a calendar year, so i really couldn't anticipate who's gonna have a better career :shrug:

#15 ·
Janowicz has been more impressive so far, he's the No. 1 rising star in the game right now.

BUT, I assume Dimitrov is the more marketable player. His gf is the highest-paid female athlete and his metrosexual look (or however you call it) obviously appeals to the girls of the MTV generation. Jerzy seems more like a normal guy, and he happens to give controversial statements what sponsors probably don't like about.

And what does that have to do with who will have the better career? Well, once the Big Four is done, ATP wants Dimitrov to be the new big star. So, they'll be giving him cakewalk draws and fresh Fraudrov will play against a tired Janowicz in finals.

#37 ·
And what does that have to do with who will have the better career? Well, once the Big Four is done, ATP wants Dimitrov to be the new big star. So, they'll be giving him cakewalk draws and fresh Fraudrov will play against a tired Janowicz in finals.
Noo amount of draw fixing is going to help Dimugtrov if he can't go past round 2 against an opponent ranked #55. :hatoff:

BTW I'm not suggesting Janowicz will ever reach a slam final.

#17 ·
At the moment, it is clearly Janowicz.

Dimitrov is more marketable looks wise, but I think Janowicz has the better personality.

Game wise it is Federer remix vs. 6 foot 8 power player.

Should be interesting when I play them from 2016 on.

#20 ·
same here. The most talented youngster is by far Nishikori, but poor fella is riddled by injuries. Neither of these two have an ounce of talent - one is all about raw animalistic power, the other one is shameless GOAT imitator without stamina and talent to pull it off

#27 ·
Voted for Janowitcz. I like his game but find him to be a little bit neurotic. Prodigy, back off btw :hug:. One thing I don't understand is why so many people find Dimitrov attractive :confused:. nice, body and very average face, kinda funny nose, small eyes ... call me silly, but Janowitcz is a much better looking guy than Sharapov. big blue eyes, nice nose, very symmetrical face, healthy skin.

and yeah, I agree with many guys here, Dimitrov is beyond OVER-HYPED

#28 ·
People laughed when I said Jerzy was sexy last year before he broke through:shrug:

He is much more attractive than Dimugtrov whose face looks like it got smashed in by a frying pan one too many times:sad:

#30 ·
Janowicz.
I've been hyping him since I first saw him, no one listened hardly.

His game is monstrous, better than moonballing. :wavey: :wavey:

Dimitrov is very good and just a day or two ago John McEnroe said he'll be top ten by year end.
Other announcers still talk about him as the one with most potential.

Seems most experts/announcers see more in Dimitrov. :wavey:

#35 ·
Yeah, McEnroe was hyping Jerzy to no end today...Saying he was the future of tennis, could really trouble Murray in the SF and what a talent and game he has for his age:yeah:

But they also pointed out earlier how many glaring deficiencies Dimugtrov has in his game, etc. etc which I could not disagree with:haha:

Jerzy's game is more technically sound and he doesn't have the fitness issues or mental braindead-ness that old frying pan face has:superlol:

Whoever is hot at the moment they seem to go with:shrug: except Chris Evert who criticizes all the young players like there is no tomorrow:haha:

#36 ·
Yeah, McEnroe was hyping Jerzy to no end today...Saying he was the future of tennis, could really trouble Murray in the SF and what a talent and game he has for his age:yeah:

But they also pointed out earlier how many glaring deficiencies Dimugtrov has in his game, etc. etc which I could not disagree with:haha:

Jerzy's game is more technically sound and he doesn't have the fitness issues or mental braindead-ness that old frying pan face has:superlol:

Whoever is hot at the moment they seem to go with:shrug: except Chris Evert who criticizes all the young players like there is no tomorrow:haha:
Are you kidding!!!

Jesus, that guy will turn his colors at any time.
He's become a clown that no one can believe. LOL:haha:

#39 · (Edited)
Based on talent and potential, will be Dimitrov by far...

Janowicz is a good agressive player, also very good movement for his size, but he's not in the same class of Dimitrov.

If Dimitrov is the new Federer, Janowicz is the new (and maybe improved) Berdych.

That being said, I like Jerzy, just believe Grigor is better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.